IGNORED

The SNES Rankings - Finished!

Ok well now I see what people are getting at, and yeah, that's depressing.  I don't usually go into history but I can kind of relate about the same time I guess.  First time I ever did a real move (part of state to another type) was right as 5th grade started and that basically went from a level playing field to screwed, for years...years, until into high school where it came into acceptable tolerance and a few friends I could trust.  As you put it, around the lows, the thing that kept you sane, the hobby, and for many here, the games.  Fuck multiplayer.  It was all about getting immersed into Super Mario Bros 3, Final Fantasy II(4), too many hours into Wing Commander, Doom, Dune II etc on the PC, whatever the case.  Do it, then do it over again if it was that awesome.  It was about the immersion, accomplishment, getting a boost, living the story whatever genre form it came in.  Anyone who was a dick in those games ended up dead, thankfully more often or not by your hand making it all the sweeter.

That here would be his Chrono Trigger since the story got laid there, and given the ties, the heap of hours more that FF3 can consume someone.

Mine I got, nothing I had was traded, and after a loser of a douche kid friend in 1986 made off with and damaged/lost most my copy of Balloon Fight I never trusted again until a friend I still have now I met in 10th grade. 😛  While I don't agree that CT is that great as many that hit the top20, I get it, so it works.  I grabbed mine second hand around 1996-97, sure as hell wasn't going to pay the square tax for $70-80 when N64 games and CD games came out at $50...hah.

• The title was changed to The SNES Rankings - 713/714 finished

Kinda surprised you had CT over FFIII considering I seem to recall you said FFIII was better in the past but maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

Still blows my mind that Batman Forever is only like 650.  It's hard to fathom that there are 60 games worse than it lol.  Surely that is the worst high profile game on the SNES although Pit Fighter has quite a bit of name recognition as well.

What do you say Reed?  What is the worst "high profile" game on the SNES?

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, peg said:

Kinda surprised you had CT over FFIII considering I seem to recall you said FFIII was better in the past but maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

They're exceptionally close and I've gone back and forth on it.  I've played through CT quite a few more times, so I had to trust that that was pretty revealing as to my true feelings.

Ta daaaaaaa

tadadadadaaaaaaaa

Dadadadaaaaa

Tadadaaaa

dadaaaa

dadadaaaa

Tadadadaaaaadada dadadadadadada

Ta daaaaaaa

tadadadadaaaaaaaa

Dadadadaaaaa

Tadadaaaa

dadaaaa

dadadaaaa

Ta daaaaaaa

tadadadadaaaaaaaa

Dadadadaaaaa

Tadadaaaa

dadaaaa

dadadaaaa

Repeat

Administrator · Posted
2 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

They're exceptionally close and I've gone back and forth on it.  I've played through CT quite a few more times, so I had to trust that that was pretty revealing as to my true feelings.

To be fair, CT is much smaller and a faster clear by a fair margin. It stands to reason that the larger undertaking might get picked up less overall. 

• The title was changed to The SNES Rankings - Finished!
Editorials Team · Posted
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2
  • Angry 1

That was the most bizarre and interesting hot take on history, a sniped page and good case of CYA, that finally rolls into saying you know it, we know it, but here I'll find a new way to say it anyway and add a twist.  Probably could make a class about it, it would work, and it would definitely help given how much poor design still is out there now.  It's done, now onto the Japanese library. 😉  Good job.