IGNORED

VGS Pumpkin Carving Contest!

JamesRobot

2023 VGS Favorite Pumpkin  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Whose jack-o'-lantern is your favorite?

• Kguillemette (Bowser)
    • drxandy (Cat)
    • AverageOliver98 (Kirby Crystal Shards)
    • Renmauzo (Skull)
    • nrslam (Knife Work Face)
    • Gloves (Cat)
    • SailorScoutMandy (Ghost Cauldron)
    • bag (Last Ronin)
    • MegaMan 52 (Chuck o' lantern)
    • Mega Tank (Big Mouth)
    • JamesRobot (Beetlejuice)

This poll is closed to new votes

Events Team · Posted
Welcome Everyone, to our very second annual...

VGS Pumpkin Carving Contest!

image.png.32623cd60665971921f9594ddeeb06fe.png

@Gloves@Jicsan@DefaultGen@RH@Splain@TDIRunner@Avgn Gamer@Mega Tank@Gaia Gensouki@darkchylde28@LutherDestroysTheGond@ZeldaFan042@drxandy@Aguy@JamesRobot@nesmaster14@spacepup@RegularGuyGamer@doner24@Richardhead@Kguillemette@DoctorEncore@Shino@Psychobear85@bag@Nintegageo@Br81zad@Strikezone1@a3quit4s@jonebone@SailorScoutMandy @ZeldaFreak@Makar@Krunch@NESfiend@Renmauzo 

It's the spooky time of year and that means one thing.  Okay, it means several things, but specifically it means it's time to carve yourself up some pumpkins!  

This contest will last from now until 11/2/2022 at 12 AM VGST (VGS Time AKA Eastern Standard Time).  Immediately afterwards, a poll will be added to this thread, which will last from 11/2/2022 to 11/10/2022 at 12 AM VGST.  Every member is elligible to vote for their favorite jack-o'-lantern.

The rules are the same as last year:

1. Post a picture of your jack-o'-lantern in this thread to participate.
  2. You must carve an actual pumpkin.
  3. Do the carving yourself. 
  4. The pumpkin must be carved during this month of October 2023.
  5. Only one entry per person.  Feel free to submit as many as you like but you may only choose one for consideration in the contest.
  6. You must vote for a jack-o'-lantern other than your won.

After the deadline, the poll will close votes will be tallied, and prizes will be given to the VGS members whose carvings received the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd most votes, respectively. The prizes up for grabs as follows:

1st place:  $25 amazon gift card or cash equivalent
2nd place:  $20 amazon gift card or cash equivalent
3rd place:  $15 amazon gift card or cash equivalent

Good luck everyone!

Bonus!  Free Sage jack-o'-lantern stencil:

44423127_PumpkinCarvingStencil.png.63b1bb2d881765267a10898c864e9c18.png

6602424e23462d7c6ad326db5fde0129.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 3

14 hours ago, Renmauzo said:

Just finished mine tonight. I was going to try using loop tools this year, but my daughter couldn't remember were she put my sculpting tools, so I had to do all of this with a steak knife; my hands are sore -_-

2pkU-LBuRkeztafYoDA1vg.jpg.261e6dbd2b45fe895b488f032f9ea5fa.jpg

I like the Dia de los Muertos look on this one. It also has a bit of a Voodoo vibe to it.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, T-Pac said:

Wow - these are all sick.

Do any of you get grossed-out scooping the pumpkin-goop out before carving? I haven't carved pumpkins since I was a kid, but I always remember getting that slimy stuff in my fingernails haha.

[T-Pac]

Not the most pleasant. It's easier to handle when room temp imo. Cold pumpkin guts are yucky 

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
44 minutes ago, T-Pac said:

Wow - these are all sick.

Do any of you get grossed-out scooping the pumpkin-goop out before carving? I haven't carved pumpkins since I was a kid, but I always remember getting that slimy stuff in my fingernails haha.

[T-Pac]

One of the best things about pumpkin carving.  I love making a big mess.

• Haha 1

Again, time was short. I need to just get Halloween decorating over with the last week of September. I have 3 pumpkins sitting in our living room that I didn't get around to.

This was my pumpkin this year. Didn't go as planned. The most fragile pumpkin I have worked with as the teeth kept crumbling. I tried using toothpicks but the teeth broke apart when I stuck a toothpick in them lol. I like my big mouth goofy looking pumpkins though. The string coming out of the mouth is a motion sensor voice box. I forgot to drill a hole on the side for it. I also forgot the pirate hat and eye patch.

20231031_154809.jpg.ae799487fe7a4e1b1a1aea5bb4961f48.jpg

This is my wife's pumpkin. She is a big Jurassic Park fan. She really worked a ton with the scraper. Looks a lot better in person. Not a quality pic.

Resized_20231030_225932.jpg.a9369d57f0976082eab708d97cc1ab63.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1