IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - TMNT 3

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted
11 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

How do i get one of the cool charms to show my participation.......it will most likely be my only award through this ordeal 😉

I was actually doing the work on this! You should get it rather quickly, in a matter of a day I'd say🙂

• Thanks 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, guillavoie said:

I was actually doing the work on this! You should get it rather quickly, in a matter of a day I'd say🙂

Much appreciated :)  I will continue to throw up scores, be it good or bad lol    I know that soccer game later on i will suck some @$$ on haha

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, mbd39 said:

The contest is now at 2016 levels of participation. That's nice to see.

I asked a couple to join, looks like only 1 showed up :(   I've been pimping it as much as possible in the discord 🤣

Edited by Jeevan
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

I hope this helps out @BeaIank and @guillavoie. Before anyone asks me, I make no decisions about scores. The mods will determine final positions and placement. I reported what I can confirm 🙂. We had 26 participants this week! Woo!

UNOFFICIAL SCOREBOARD

POSITION PLAYER SCORE
1st Bearcat-Doug 1,017,100
2nd Kid Dracula 968,700
3rd skinnygrinny 896,800
4th armpoly 853,200
5th NESfiend 819,600
6th TWarwick07 816,400
7th Gaia Gensouki 740,200
8th 0xDEAFC0DE 654,600
9th ninjistar 488,000
10th Jeevan 466,500
11th 8bitdontquit 461,100
12th Scrobins 436,300
13th tablew/chairs 357,600
14th Richardhead 267,100
15th profholt82 246,900
16th Chuppa 243,600
17th bertsampson 242,700
18th JamesRobot 232,100
19th Megamanfan 161,200
20th mbd39 149,600
21st Kdiggz 140,700
22nd Ausden 117,200
23rd SuperJimtendo 115,400
24th Br81zad 98,300
25th Deadeye 95,500
26th MeganJoanne 35,000

FYI, Kid Dracula won with 1,068,700. You took the score from the picture before it got maxed.

Apparently, I'm very consistent with beat 'em ups. I've gotten 8th both weeks.

Events Team · Posted

Congrats to @Kid Dracula for taking another victory this season with this TMNT III win! You did great and got the best out of one of our home beat em up expert in @Bearcat-Doug. These are the only players that broke the TMNT III bank and made our custom tie breaker rule useful! Let's note that Doug, while taking second, also did his run on only 1-life, which should be duly applauded.

Again this week, competition was very tough for the ranking spots, and 3rd to 6th players, respectfully @skinnygrinny, @arnpoly, @NESfiend and @TWarwick07 were taken by score of 800k+, with skinny being a few thousands shy of 900k and 4 life bars of beating the game within the rules, which is hard to swallow in a sense, but also the kind of situation that builds up a player's overall experience to deal with the competition!

Next in line were regular rank holders @Gaia Gensouki with a 700k+ score and @0xDEAFC0DE with a 600k+ one. To finish this up, I'll tip my hat to the 400k club for their great work, including our 9th place prince @ninjistar, @Jeevan, @8bitdontquit and @Scrobins!

Thanks for everyone playing and let's rock at Gradius this week!

• Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted

Like Jeevan pointed out earlier, we are absolutely due for an update on the participation icon. Here is a list of the new recipients, so our good friend @Gloves can distribute the goods whenever he got a little time on his valuable hands :

@Jeevan
@Tablew/chairs
@scaryice
@NESfiend
@Megamanfan
@Br81zad
@profholt82
@Chuppa
@Kdiggz

Thanks for joining the fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, guillavoie said:

Like Jeevan pointed out earlier, we are absolutely due for an update on the participation icon. Here is a list of the new recipients, so our good friend @Gloves can distribute the goods whenever he got a little time on his valuable hands :

@Jeevan
@Tablew/chairs
@scaryice
@NESfiend
@Megamanfan
@Br81zad
@profholt82
@Chuppa
@Kdiggz

Thanks for joining the fun!

FYI you (and Bea) can award Charms on a user's profile:

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

FYI, Kid Dracula won with 1,068,700. You took the score from the picture before it got maxed.

Apparently, I'm very consistent with beat 'em ups. I've gotten 8th both weeks.

I'm glad people are paying attention. 🙂 However, this was intentional on my part. Since Kid Dracula's score didn't have a second picture with maxed score, per the rules: "If you reach Shredder with a score of 900,000 or more, take a picture before beating Shredder. If you beat him, take another picture with your score maxed. Your final score will be your score before the Shredder fight + the 100k bonus for beating him." I recorded this as it was posted, knowing that the mods would review. But also, there were so many posts by some folks that I may have missed one as well!

Edited by ninjistar

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Richardhead said:
1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:
2 hours ago, Richardhead said:
3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

The Colorado crew has been pretty quiet this week.

I got a score posted. 

What about the rest of the crew?

Not sure aboot James, but Jimbob and myself have been under a bit of pressure at work the last month and a half. It’s a bit of a pain in the ass to focus on NES when work is done. I have been unwinding playing some PS2. Dark Cloud to be exact. 
Its a lot easier to just play some of that and watch a movie rather than try to out score some of the ringer scores that are being put up. 

Word.  Work has been kicking my ass.  Posted a couple scores on page 7.

Also, Quote Trains still rule! FTW!

I didn’t want to give too much away because clearly Bearcat Doug is the best at this game. But I figured out after a few hours of playing this game that certain attacks on certain enemies award significant points. Of course you want to use your regular weapon attack on most foot soldiers for 600 points instead of 400 with the throw attack or jump kick or 200 points with the special attack. However, there are probably 5 or 6 enemies throughout the game you want to use your throw attack on to finish them off. With this you get 1000 points instead of the usual 600. These enemies are-

(A) the things that electrocute you in level 2. Try to pick off as many as you can as the screen scrolls by using the throw move.

(B) the ray gun shooting mechanical 4 legged creatures in the technodrome

(C) the 4 mechanical insects that fly out of the screen in the technodrome (twice)

(D) The mousers in level 5 and 7

(E) the ball like enemies that fire shots at you in stage 8 as the light blue foot soldiers attack you. Throw attack the balls for lots of points.

• Like 3

Events Team · Posted

Final scoreboard posted.
Congratulations to @Kid Dracula for taking the win with a very impressive score, @Bearcat-Doug for a valiant 2nd place and @skinnygrinny for taking the 3rd place.
Scores were so overboard that to even place a score of over 650K was needed.
And we had a total of 26 participants!
Thank you all for making the contest this fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted

Ding Ding Ding! Time for another prize giveaway!

This week giveaway will be very special, as our good artsy fellow @MeganJoanne wish to offer a customized TMNT III cross-stitch. That's right, the lucky winner of this week will have the pleasure to ask Megan to stitch a sprite of his choice from TMNT III. Now since there's nothing to show (yet), let's proceed with the random drawing.

1 = @Kid Dracula
2 = @Bearcat-Doug
3 = @skinnygrinny
4 = @arnpoly
5 = @NESfiend
6 = @ninjistar
7 = @Jeevan
8 = @8bitdontquit
9 = @Scrobins
10 = @Tablew/chairs
11 = @profholt82
12 = @Chuppa
13 = @bertsampson
14 = @JamesRobot
15 = @Megamanfan
16 = @mbd39
17 = @Kdiggz
18 = @Ausden
19 = @SuperJimtendo
20 = @Br81zad
21 = @Deadeye

image.png.3187a9f810f3749bfdb65091e5494338.png

Congratulations to Deadeye for winning a customized TMNT III cross-stitch, way to go buddy! Feel free to send Megan a message and discus details with her. Also, make sure to show us that badass cross-stitch when you receive it!

Thanks to everyone playing and participating in the NES Weekly contest fun!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2