IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - TMNT 3

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Welcome and COWABUNGA!!!

I hope you all are with your martial arts skills fine honed for this week we kick the Foot Clan's butt!
Our master videogame players will face Shredder and the gang on TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 3: MANHATTAN PROJECT using the following rules:

• Play till life 0. Take your picture when you die at R=1.
  • Play as whichever turtle you choose
  • Highest score wins
  • If you reach Shredder with a score of 900,000 or more, take a picture before beating Shredder. If you beat him, take another picture with your score maxed. Your final score will be your score before the Shredder fight + the 100k bonus for beating him.
  • GENRE: Beat ‘Em Up

The contest ends Sunday, 05/03/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

"They ain't gettin' any prettier.", Bop, Be - 1989

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
1st Kid Dracula 1,068,700
2nd Bearcat-Doug 1,017,100
3rd skinnygrinny 896,800
4th arnpoly 853,200
5th NESfiend 819,600
6th TWarwick07 816,400
7th Gaia Gensouki 740,200
8th 0xDEAFC0DE 654,600
9th ninjistar 488,000
10th Jeevan 466,500
11th 8bitdontquit 461,100
12th Scrobins 436,300
13th Tablew/chairs 357,600
14th Richardhead 267,100
15th profholt82 246,900
16th Chuppa 243,600
17th bertsampson 242,700
18th JamesRobot 232,100
19th Megamanfan 161,200
20th mbd39 149,600
21st Kdiggz 140,700
22nd Ausden 117,200
23rd SuperJimtendo 115,400
24th Br81zad 98,300
25th Deadeye 95,500
26th MeganJoanne 35,000

Events Team · Posted
22 minutes ago, guillavoie said:

Yes it does, maybe we should consider a tie breaker on this? What do you think @BeaIank?

I think the usual "If you max the score, pause the game, take a picture. Lowest game progress win" would work well enough since different attacks give different amount of points.

2 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

i remember enjoying it last time we played. i had played it as a young worm too and always thought the key west sign was cool because thats where i lived 🙂 

How tough is it? That it's a one life contest makes me nervous.

3 hours ago, skinnygrinny said:

does the score max before the end of the game?

Me and Tom both did it back in 2013, but I think our scores maxed out after beating Shredder since you get something like 100,000 points for beating him if I remember correctly. Anyone that goes into the Shredder fight with a score over 900k could take a picture before beating the game and use the highest score as a tiebreaker if needed.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

How tough is it? That it's a one life contest makes me nervous.

never having played this before either, before this last week after i stressed my thumbs on mario, it took me 3 lives to get through the sub level 😞.  Not gonna do well this week lol......

35 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

maybe it got max'd purging lives? being a one life maybe it will eliminate the issue?

I went back and checked out the 2013 contest thread and it was the 100k Shredder points that maxed out the score. Tom posted a video and I think he had 930k going into the fight and hit the 999,900 mark when he beat the game. I think my score was in the same general area as well, but there wasn't a tiebreaker in place back then so I didn't take an extra picture.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I went back and checked out the 2013 contest thread and it was the 100k Shredder points that maxed out the score. Tom posted a video and I think he had 930k going into the fight and hit the 999,900 mark when he beat the game. I think my score was in the same general area as well, but there wasn't a tiebreaker in place back then so I didn't take an extra picture.

tom always whooped you guys back then.

8 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

The only thing I beat him at regularly was sports games. I could usually hang with him on beat em ups. I'm not that good at shooters or puzzle games anyway, so I couldn't even come close on those.

its good to see you still playing old timer. im glad someone who competed with and beat tom still kicking ass around this community.