IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - TMNT 3

BeaIank

16 minutes ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Thanks, @NESfiend. I'll give it another try. And maybe I really do need a truly terrible game to motivate me. Maybe we should include games such as Dragon's Lair, Total Recall or Mad Max into next year's challenge.

Lol if bard's tale gets in there, you have a guarantee for a winning week! The post that still sticks in my mind though is "Blues Brothers is done and so am I" prior to a rant about how bad that game is. That one cracked me up so hard. To that point, you had somehow stayed so positive about some of the roughest games. It was nice to see that even you have a breaking point!

13 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Doug just put the coffee on and pulled his cart off the shelf...

He beat my score by 50k. That's got to be pretty close to a perfect run so I'm not sure how likely it is that I could beat it. I had to use the throw move a lot to keep from losing a life so that left quite a few points on the table.

Wow, some crazy scores here!

My last contribution for this week's challenge. My run started well as my first life lasted until the battle against Leatherhead. His stupid charge attack always catches me off guard. From there on I lost lives left and right against the next few bosses. I eventually beat Krang with my last life (R=0) just for the fun of it (don't worry, I didn't count it towards my score). The next fight against Shredder was too difficult though.

14 hours ago, Jeevan said:

Whelp I guess this is it for me.....surprised I got this far but I practiced a bit for this.  Full disclosure.....several guys smashed me with their balls......and right as I snapped it the game,chose for me I hope that's ok.......fuck!

I can see how that might be distracting while you're trying to play. 😂

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

Managed to squeeze in another run and updated score on page 3. Still can't shake the tapeworm and Krang. Real problem was sloppy play on level 8 cost me, so I didn't get to him with enough. May try to muster up one more tonight, but its doubtful. I'm pretty hung over and worn out on the game at this point. 

Edit: I'm also pretty sure if I do beat Krang, Skinny will get motivated to do it. And his runs are more efficient than mine

Edited by NESfiend

6 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Why?

You can stand just under the bosses where they can't hit you and still hit them with his special attack. If you keep landing on the other side of them you can hit them again while they turn around. You can do that the entire fight and you won't get hit.

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

You can stand just under the bosses where they can't hit you and still hit them with his special attack. If you keep landing on the other side of them you can hit them again while they turn around. You can do that the entire fight and you won't get hit.

Dear God.