IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Tournament Finals!

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Ladies and gentlemen, we bring the FINAL ROUND OF THE TOURNAMENT, where our 8 players will finally prove their mettle!

It has been my and @guillavoie pleasure to host you all through this!

Our 8 brave warriors below proved that they have the shooting skills and are a one man army last round. Let's see how they will fare at the finals!

@PII
@mbd39
@Richardhead
@Dr. Morbis
@NESfiend
@BlackVega
@SuperJimtendo
@RH

For this round, they will have to show their detective skills at ROLLING THUNDER and their feats in sports at Golden Medal '92!!!

For this tournament round, each game will award points in the following fashion:

1st: 10
2nd: 8
3rd: 7
4th: 5
5th: 3
6th: 2
7th and 8th: 1

The rules for Rolling Thunder are as follow:

• Enter the pass code 6127306 to start at Story Two - Area Eight
  • Play till you die the first time or till you beat the game
  • Highest progress wins, with highest score as tie breaker
  • Genre: Action

And the rules for Capcom's Gold Medal Challenge '92 are:

• Play 100 metres dash, Triple Jump, Javelin Throw and Weight Lifting.
  • Take a picture of your best 3 attempts in each event. Your best result will count
  • For each event, you will be awarded points in the following fashion:
    • 1st place out of the 8 in the event - 8 points
    • 2nd place out of 8 in the event - 7 points
    • 3rd place out of the 8 in the event - 6 points
    • 4th place out of 8 in the event - 5 points
    • 5th place out of the 8 in the event - 4 points
    • 6th place out of 8 in the event - 3 points
    • 7th place out of the 8 in the event - 2 points
    • 8th place out of 8 in the event - 1 points
  • In case of a tie in an event, the tie breaker will be the best of your 2nd and if needed 3rd attempt. If a tie persists, the player position in the Geral scoreboard of the 2023 VGS NES WEEKLY CONTEST will be used to break the tie.
  • The player with the highest sum of points wins.

This final round will show us who deserves the 2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest tournament laurels! 

The contest ends Sunday, 12/10/23 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

• Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted

Gold Medal Challenge 92

1st Dr. Morbis 32
2nd BlackVega 28
3rd SuperJimtendo 24
4th PII 4
4th mbd39 4
4th Richardhead 4
4th Nesfiend 4
4th RH 4

Rolling Thunder

1st BlackVega 554,030
2nd Dr. Morbis 80,980
3rd mbd39 20,400
4th PII 17,900
5th SuperJimtendo 6,400
6th RH 2,000
7th Richardhead 1,700
8th Nesfiend 0

TOURNAMENT SCOREBOARD

1st BlackVega 42
2nd Dr. Morbis 37
3rd PII 21
4th mbd39 12
4th SuperJimtendo 12
6th Richardhead 10
7th Nesfiend 9
8th RH 5

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, RH said:

@BeaIank  Just when I started  trusting you, you give us Rolling Thunder.

Of course. I had to pick something at least slightly challenging that is also an unanimously acclaimed game for the grand final!

What game better than Rolling Thunder?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BeaIank said:

Of course. I had to pick something at least slightly challenging that is also an unanimously acclaimed game for the grand final!

What game better than Rolling Thunder?

My guess is you had a hard time choosing between this or deathless first level of Ikari Warriors.

4 hours ago, SuperJimtendo said:

Trying to remember where the guys are. Who you need to duck for, where to go up or stay down. Rolling thunder is pretty fun actually. Gonna have to give it a real play through after competition.

Yeah, this whole contest is all memorization for Rolling Thunder.  I gave it a go tonight and it struck me as being really odd that 2-9 is so much shorter and easier than both 2-8 and 2-10, like what is that stage even doing there between those other two?  And as for 2-10, holy shit there are some difficult sections...

• Like 1