Jump to content
IGNORED

Game Night 5/15/2021!


Jeevan
 Share

Game Night 5/15/2021  

14 members have voted

  1. 1. What do we wanna play?

    • Jack Box
    • Tetris 99
      0
    • Cards Against Humanity online
    • Codenames
      0
    • Sector's Edge (FireHazards vote)
  2. 2. What is your second choice if we get bored? Basically this is the second game we will play if we so choose!!!!!

    • Jack Box
    • Tetris 99
    • Cards Against Humanity online
    • Codenames
    • Sector's Edge (FireHazard wants to play)

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/14/2021 at 10:00 PM

Recommended Posts

Events Team · Posted
  • This topic was pinned and featured

I'd have gone first with Cards Against Humanity, as the wife and I haven't had an opportunity to play in literal years at this point, but I didn't want to risk splitting the vote so that something I can't participate in (*cough*Switch*cough*) ends up winning in a squeaker again.  I really hope we get to play it this weekend, even if it's the second go around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Events Team · Posted
2 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

I'd have gone first with Cards Against Humanity, as the wife and I haven't had an opportunity to play in literal years at this point, but I didn't want to risk splitting the vote so that something I can't participate in (*cough*Switch*cough*) ends up winning in a squeaker again.  I really hope we get to play it this weekend, even if it's the second go around.

we can always split it 50/50 for cards against humanity and jack box 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted
4 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

I'd have gone first with Cards Against Humanity, as the wife and I haven't had an opportunity to play in literal years at this point, but I didn't want to risk splitting the vote so that something I can't participate in (*cough*Switch*cough*) ends up winning in a squeaker again.  I really hope we get to play it this weekend, even if it's the second go around.

You guys have a switch though I thought? Or is it splitting it that's the issue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, drxandy said:

You guys have a switch though I thought? Or is it splitting it that's the issue?

me thinks they only have the joycons and dont really wanna use it for mariokart etc. but i could be wrong.  which in all honesty i dont blame them lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Social Team · Posted
Just now, Jeevan said:

Also, glad to see @FireHazard51 stuck to his fps vote 😉  😘

I mean you put my name on it so I had to vote for it.....debated on making it my only second vote too

Just now, Gloves said:

You can see the Sector's Edge functional roadmap here: https://trello.com/b/uL2IKmgI/sectors-edge-roadmap

Looks like private lobbies, lobby management, etc. have been added, so I believe we should be able to have a lobby with JUST VGS members this time around.

VGS's members only game play...

lvNUFx.gif

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2021 at 6:36 PM, drxandy said:

You guys have a switch though I thought? Or is it splitting it that's the issue?

It's mostly having a single Switch that's the issue, and my general non-interest in the console.

On 5/10/2021 at 6:38 PM, Jeevan said:

me thinks they only have the joycons and dont really wanna use it for mariokart etc. but i could be wrong.  which in all honesty i dont blame them lol

Pretty much.  We've got what came with one Switch and that's it.  Don't really want to hook it up to the TV because then our son would know that it's possible to dock the thing and start begging to borrow/play it constantly instead of it just being for my wife (as intended).  Having extra joycons or a pro controller would make playability better, but it still wouldn't correct for one or both of the kids popping out of their room during game night and realizing that they could have had access to yet another console (and one that's significantly more delicate than anything else they've been allowed access to).

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted

I understand, sorry wasn't trying to pry I just honestly was curious because the tone of the other post, and I can understand the reasoning why other than game content now haha.

Anything that adds stress to the leisure time isnt worth it, when you've got limited time ya gotta enjoy it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, drxandy said:

I understand, sorry wasn't trying to pry I just honestly was curious because the tone of the other post, and I can understand the reasoning why other than game content now haha.

Anything that adds stress to the leisure time isnt worth it, when you've got limited time ya gotta enjoy it.

No worries.  If they were cheaper, I'd look into buying one for myself even if it wasn't going to get much use, but as they're $300+ and looking to stay that way...ehhhh...  Most of the games that I truly enjoy playing are either from the relative stone age of gaming (NES/SNES or prior on consoles or pre-VGA for PC) or require far more horsepower than the Switch is able to output to have them run and play properly as compared to other systems and/or PC (Ark, Skyrim, etc.).  I'd basically only play Mario Kart on game nights, so it's hard to justify a system purchase on Animal Crossing alone, lol.  Adding the kids into the mix just puts a big red X over the whole thing for reasons previously mentioned as well as fun ones like, "Well you're not using yours, so can I?"  'No, you're too little, you might break it, oh please don't start crying, please sto...fiiiiiiine...'  (30 seconds later)  "Daddy, why is the screen blank?"  🤣

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...