IGNORED

T-Pac's Ink-Tober 2023

T-Pac

1 hour ago, T-Pac said:

The project I was working on instead was worth the missed opportunity, though. If you've got Disney+, go check out the 100th anniversary short, Once Upon A Studio.

Awesome!! I saw that when it premiered on ABC. It was really cool! I think that’s the better resume line, too so I would agree it’s worth it. 

• Like 1

This thread inspired me to finally do something with a sketch I scribbled at work many years ago, doing an abstract modernist futuristic take on one of my favorite old simple DOS games that wasn't sci-fi at all.

Alley Cat ©Copyright SynSoft™ 1984:
image.jpeg.0e5f461474dc497e7fce60cb0890477f.jpeg

Alley Cat 2046

ac2046.png.b36dde10a9bb6efba5837f1efa369250.png

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Graphics Team · Posted
On 10/27/2023 at 8:57 AM, Link said:

This thread inspired me to finally do something with a sketch I scribbled at work many years ago, doing an abstract modernist futuristic take on one of my favorite old simple DOS games that wasn't sci-fi at all.

Alley Cat ©Copyright SynSoft™ 1984:
image.jpeg.0e5f461474dc497e7fce60cb0890477f.jpeg

Alley Cat 2046

ac2046.png.b36dde10a9bb6efba5837f1efa369250.png

Sweet - I'm getting some UPA vibes here. Love it!

[T-Pac]

• Like 1

18 hours ago, T-Pac said:

28 - Fire Troll from Clash at Demonhead [Nintendo Entertainment System - 1990]

@twiztor I almost forgot to pick a sprite from Demonhead for you, but I went with this funny troll guy.

[T-Pac]

image.png.d94a9bf6c74e3f30c68aae30349d0e2d.png

That one is really good! You would have been great at doing illustrations for NES manuals back in the day.

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, T-Pac said:

29 - Cavern Crawler from Space Cavern [Atari 2600 - 1982]

Technically the enemies in this game are supposed to be electric dinosaurs or something, but I thought the sprite looked more like a droid.

[T-Pac]

image.png.6f38456ef8139c05a2b3a43799f934bf.png

This one (the original pixel art) looks like a pillbug/ladybug riding on top of a floating platform dripping goo, to me. Maybe there's a treadmill for him too.

• Haha 1

Graphics Team · Posted
21 hours ago, G-type said:

My fav's:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Those are some of my favorites this year, too. Still glad you suggested Evil Otto.

Also - it's kinda neat seeing them stacked together like that. Almost looks like I'm making a line of trading cards haha.

[T-Pac]

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted
21 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'll keep my fingers crossed that my Simon Belmont sprite gets picked for Halloween even though I already got the Excitebike racer picked early on. 

Sorry, dude - no Simon Belmont. He's already been drawn a million times.

But if it's any consolation, I drew the mummies from Castlevania for my last T-Pac Arcade video...

Spoiler

[T-Pac]

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted

31 - Gravity Skulls from Low G Man [Nintendo Entertainment System - 1990]

I wish I'd drawn this one with a more interesting tilt or angle to it, but I think it still turned out nice anyway.

image.png.4e58ca8a428019679060c8ad35b59c03.png

Huge thanks to everyone who submitted suggestions and posted your own artwork this year!

I'll update the thread about giving away the original drawings soon!

[T-Pac]

• Like 7
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 5

21 hours ago, Khromak said:
On 10/29/2023 at 8:11 PM, T-Pac said:

29 - Cavern Crawler from Space Cavern [Atari 2600 - 1982]

Technically the enemies in this game are supposed to be electric dinosaurs or something, but I thought the sprite looked more like a droid.

[T-Pac]

image.png.6f38456ef8139c05a2b3a43799f934bf.png

This one (the original pixel art) looks like a pillbug/ladybug riding on top of a floating platform dripping goo, to me. Maybe there's a treadmill for him too.

¡YAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!  THE AIR-FRYER'S BEEN POSSESSED!!!

On 10/28/2023 at 12:10 PM, T-Pac said:

28 - Fire Troll from Clash at Demonhead [Nintendo Entertainment System - 1990]

@twiztor I almost forgot to pick a sprite from Demonhead for you, but I went with this funny troll guy.

[T-Pac]

image.png.d94a9bf6c74e3f30c68aae30349d0e2d.png

looks awesome, @T-Pac! sorry i never got a chance to circle back around and find another choice, but you picked a great one and did the typically great job you always do. much appreciated!!

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted

Okay - the original drawings are up for grabs. If you want any, just post here in the thread first so everyone knows what you claimed and we can work out any duplicate claims. Then I'll reach out to you in a Direct-Message for your mailing address later. (Please don't DM me before I reach out to you!)

First dibs go to whoever made the suggestion initially ...

@Sumez @spacepup @DarkTone @AverageOliver98 @nesmaster14 @RH @Bearcat-Doug @FireHazard51 @drxandy @Aguy @ikk @captmorgandrinker @a3quit4s @Link @G-type @Jeevan @Kguillemette @ThePhleo @Splain @PII @BlackVega @fcgamer @Code Monkey @Red @ZeldaFreak @twiztor

... and I'll just try my best to allocate everything else fairly.

image.jpeg.86292a80230baaddebcae1c3902c0584.jpeg

Thanks again for a great Ink-Tober, everybody! 

[T-Pac]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 3

Administrator · Posted

Heyo!

I'd definitely like to request my Benny Bookworm, it'd be awesome and much appreciated!

I'd love many of them but it feels sorta selfish to ask for more.  If the original participants don't claim any, then sure I'd be interested in some, but doubt that'll happen!

Thank you again for this awesome event T-Pac!  It is always super fun and everyone loves it!

• Like 1