IGNORED

T-Pac's Ink-Tober 2023

T-Pac

Graphics Team · Posted
20 minutes ago, DarkTone said:

She DOES remind me of witch Hazel! Minus the paperclips 

Haha yeah.
Shameless self-promotion - I found a preview of that episode on Youtube: I animated the mirror scene at 0:22 and Hazel talking to the spider in the jar at 1:46. The best poses were provided by the layout artists, so I can't take too much credit, but I remember having a lot of fun on this episode...

[T-Pac]

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, T-Pac said:

Shameless self-promotion

Dude, honestly do that all you want anywhere you want. I love this. It’s so great. Beautiful update to the old school stuff while being updated as well. The partial outlines on characters are fresh, and I like the subtle jokes (i.e. Hexquire mag). This is animation where I feel your hand, and it tells me that I love 2-D and cel work not only in games but cartoons as well. I’m glad there is a place for the style, and it’s recognized by a major studio working with their classic characters. The backgrounds are obviously built from the Chuck Jones era, and last time I saw you post one of those I saw clear throughlines to Clampett. I caught the Wolverton reference too. Where do these stream or air? 

• Agree 2

Graphics Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Link said:

Dude, honestly do that all you want anywhere you want. I love this. It’s so great. Beautiful update to the old school stuff while being updated as well. The partial outlines on characters are fresh, and I like the subtle jokes (i.e. Hexquire mag). This is animation where I feel your hand, and it tells me that I love 2-D and cel work not only in games but cartoons as well. I’m glad there is a place for the style, and it’s recognized by a major studio working with their classic characters. The backgrounds are obviously built from the Chuck Jones era, and last time I saw you post one of those I saw clear throughlines to Clampett. I caught the Wolverton reference too. Where do these stream or air? 

That's so great to hear! Yeah - the core team at Warner Bros really seemed to have a love for the classic shorts and wanted to do them justice. I was animating at a vendor studio, but I recently got to meet a lot of the WB story artists and it was really neat. I was just happy to be a part of it - you don't get to work with Marvin the Martian and Daffy Duck everyday haha.

I think the episodes are on HBO Max - I'm not entirely sure though, since I don't have that service.

[T-Pac]

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 10/22/2023 at 12:56 PM, T-Pac said:

22 - Blue Bear from Mr. Lee's Alishan Tea Collector [Nintendo Famicom - 2023]

@fcgamer - I know you wanted me to draw Mr. Lee, but I just couldn't ignore that blue thing. Made him into a cute 'lil teddy bear...

[T-Pac]

image.png.f410bbcc6b59f90d9950eb0bcd5f0349.png

This guy is adorable! I wish he were in plushy form.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2023 at 9:45 AM, T-Pac said:

23 - Demon Bat from Demon Attack [Atari 2600 - 1982]

@Code Monkey great call on the Atari suggestion! Lots of space for interpretation.

[T-Pac]

image.png.4b8e41178e02443629c5268313f8fbd4.png

if Imagic had had you on their staff back then, maybe they wouldn't have been sued by Atari for making the enemies look too similar to Phoenix.

Graphics Team · Posted
22 hours ago, G-type said:

if Imagic had had you on their staff back then, maybe they wouldn't have been sued by Atari for making the enemies look too similar to Phoenix.

That happened? Wow - I knew about the K.C. Munchkin thing with Magnavox, but not Demon Attack with Imagic haha. Atari was pretty harsh back then.

[T-Pac]

8 minutes ago, T-Pac said:

25 - UnderMole from Castlevania: The Adventure [Nintendo Game Boy - 1989]

This is probably the grossest monster I've ever drawn, and it's all your fault @ZeldaFreak haha.

[T-Pac]

image.png.e78dfca68cd1c1ebe90eb58f084e11dd.png

It's as if vintage Jim Henson Studios was brought on to work on Stranger Things...

That's a tangent worth thinking about!  The Duffer Brothers are all about 80s nostalgia.  Why didn't they contact Henson studios to do the puppetry work for at least the first couple seasons?!  #MissedOpportunities

Edited by RH
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, T-Pac said:

That happened? Wow - I knew about the K.C. Munchkin thing with Magnavox, but not Demon Attack with Imagic haha. Atari was pretty harsh back then.

[T-Pac]

They settled out of court, so who knows whether or not they would have won the lawsuit, but the demons do look pretty similar to the large phoenixes on stages 3 & 4, down the the flapping wings and erratic hovering patterns. I think I prefer Demon Attack more as a game, I always liked the way the demons materialize in from the sides of the screen.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
13 hours ago, T-Pac said:

This is probably the grossest monster I've ever drawn, and it's all your fault @ZeldaFreak haha.

Wow, really? Well in that case, I am honored to be the one that made the suggestion which lead to that, haha. It looks amazing! I figured the Castlevania sprites would work well for spooky season and it looks like I figured correctly, love how this one turned out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, T-Pac said:

25 - UnderMole from Castlevania: The Adventure [Nintendo Game Boy - 1989]

[T-Pac]

image.png.e78dfca68cd1c1ebe90eb58f084e11dd.png

That looks like it could be one of night creatures from the Castlevania Netflix series.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 10/23/2023 at 12:56 AM, T-Pac said:

22 - Blue Bear from Mr. Lee's Alishan Tea Collector [Nintendo Famicom - 2023]

@fcgamer - I know you wanted me to draw Mr. Lee, but I just couldn't ignore that blue thing. Made him into a cute 'lil teddy bear...

[T-Pac]

image.png.f410bbcc6b59f90d9950eb0bcd5f0349.png

Wow! That's an amazing interpretation, thanks!  I love the kawaii factor here.

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted
10 hours ago, Link said:

Hey, uh ,

IMG_4173.jpeg.174b62c9f2a901751aeb5a8831ea052d.jpeg

Doc, I mean @T-Pac, did you work on this? 

https://www.avclub.com/loney-tunes-day-earth-blew-up-coming-to-theaters-1850965327

omg the typo in that url 🤣

Aw man I wish I could've. My friend from college did, and his animation in it is really incredible from what I've seen.

They offered me some freelance work on it last summer, but it was too risky as a "conflict of interest" with my current job, so I had to turn it down.

The project I was working on instead was worth the missed opportunity, though. If you've got Disney+, go check out the 100th anniversary short, Once Upon A Studio.
This YouTube video is full of spoilers, but you can see some of the characters I animated. (Elliott the Dragon and Cody at 1:54, Scrooge McDuck, the dalmatian puppies, and Robin Hood & Little John at 4:39, and a bunch of other background characters throughout)

[T-Pac]

• Wow! 3
  • Love 3