IGNORED

T-Pac's Ink-Tober 2023

T-Pac

Graphics Team · Posted
3 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

This guy is so adorable! I love that smile!

That's funny - I couldn't help but think of him as a creepy bad guy.
I mean, it wasn't until after I drew it that I realized there was some resemblance to the Green Goblin from Spider Man.

[T-Pac]

6 hours ago, T-Pac said:

14 - Vandal from Hard Hat Mack [PC - 1983]

@Link - I've never heard of Hard Hat Mack, but I'm already a huge fan of these graphics. Fantastic suggestion!

[T-Pac]

image.png.3488996fbcb5e534024d3560c457ae57.png

Hell yeah! 🤗😎 When I think of a game for these threads, unless I have a specific character I want, I like to give you options to do what you wanna do within the parameters and see what you come up with and what you enjoy. But with this one I totally knew you would go for the Vandal! He’s such a wild and great weird sprite. 

Edited by Link
just a dumb minor typo

46 minutes ago, T-Pac said:

That's funny - I couldn't help but think of him as a creepy bad guy.

He is definitely a bad guy. But he’s also this weird game character with very minor power and kind of unique to the time period.  Can you imagine such an enemy (along with the OSHA inspector) or working in a factory in a modern action game? But with his wild looks and urban motivation, the Vandal fits right in with the gang portrayal of that period in so many mid budget action movies. 

Graphics Team · Posted
11 hours ago, Link said:

Hell yeah! 🤗😎 When I think of a game for these threads, unless I have a specific character I want, I like to give you options to do what you wanna do within the parameters and see what you come up with and what you enjoy. But with this one I totally knew you would go for the Vandal! He’s such a wild and great weird sprite. 

For sure - it was perfect!

[T-Pac]

9 hours ago, twiztor said:

ok, but you asked for it! how about this dancing girl enemy from Clash at Demonhead?

Screenshot 2023-10-14 225657.png

Screenshot 2023-10-14 225755.png

Well I'm glad you gave me something.

And I hate to do this, but is there any chance I could pick a different, less "objectified" enemy from Clash at Demonhead?

[T-Pac]

10 hours ago, twiztor said:

ok, but you asked for it! how about this dancing girl enemy from Clash at Demonhead?

Screenshot 2023-10-14 225657.png

23 minutes ago, T-Pac said:

hate to do this, but is there any chance I could pick a different, less "objectified" enemy from Clash at Demonhead?

Luckily, I specialize in sexy drawings 

7EFE2EE9-1E20-4DD2-A781-7036FBB0C28D.jpeg.fe5b314dff9dbf88160216f960a156b0.jpeg

• Love 3
  • Haha 6

58 minutes ago, T-Pac said:

15 - Evil Otto from Berzerk [Atari 2600 - 1982]

@G-type good call on this one. Might be my favorite entry of the year so far!
(And fun fact - every time you blast a robot in Berzerk, you get a glimpse of Evil Otto's face in the explosion).

[T-Pac]

image.png.1f9bec1c343be057f6ec980edd4a69af.png

You made Evil Otto even scarier, because this dude bounces like 30 feet high and comes at you at a very fast pace....

Holy....

I never realized, but you're right!

berzerk.png.b3656def9726673b877a70e3b98dda68.png

Also, I'm getting some FNAF vibes and I love it.

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Events Team · Posted
On 10/6/2023 at 8:50 AM, T-Pac said:

06 - Mysterious Man from Final Fantasy Adventure [Nintendo Game Boy - 1991]

@RH - I absolutely love this one. My instinct was to make something like Studio Ghibli's Howl and Moomin's Snufkin.

image.png.c4806611e245a3b625b6e4f9908d3d34.png

And as a bonus - here's my first attempt. I didn't like the way it turned out, but I figured I'd share it anyway:

Hide contents

image.png.d3c7342b8447525509983a75ed6f9f05.png

[T-Pac]

You DIDN'T like the way the first one turned out?! That looks awesome!

On 10/14/2023 at 2:43 PM, T-Pac said:

Speaking of which - @ZeldaFreak, stop playing Werewolf for a minute and post a sprite for me!

I would, but to be honest, sprites no larger than 32x32 which have never been artistically represented as anything other than the sprite itself is a very specific set of criteria, the vast majority of the games I've ever played are either well past the era of sprites, the sprites within the game are larger than that, or there's plenty of official and unofficial art of the sprites, so honestly I don't really think I'd be able to come up with any good suggestions for this year that haven't already been suggested in past Ink-tobers, that's why I haven't thrown my hat in to the ring. I'll keep wracking my brain and see if I can come up with something good, but I wouldn't really get your hopes up honestly, it's been in the back of my mind ever since this thread was posted and thus far I've come up with exactly 0 good suggestions.

• Like 2

Graphics Team · Posted
11 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

to be honest, sprites no larger than 32x32 which have never been artistically represented as anything other than the sprite itself is a very specific set of criteria

You really think so? Basically any standard enemy sprite from a B-tier NES or Game Boy game fits the criteria.

But I guess if you only stick to popular games or newer consoles, that might not be so easy to think of.

No worries, though.

[T-Pac]

Events Helper · Posted
7 minutes ago, T-Pac said:

16 - Octopus from Parodius Da [Nintendo Famicom - 1990]

@Jeevan - the Octopus is my go-to character in Parodius, too!

Also - this is officially the HALFWAY POINT OF INK-TOBER! Woohoo!

[T-Pac]

image.png.051d23f2d127f1e91f6e4a28b0b124ef.png

love the visor and the goofiness of his face.  I love the ripple shot with all options, seems to cover the screen for a shmup scrub like me!  Thanks for the rendition!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T-Pac said:

You really think so? Basically any standard enemy sprite from a B-tier NES or Game Boy game fits the criteria.

But I guess if you only stick to popular games or newer consoles, that might not be so easy to think of.

No worries, though.

[T-Pac]

I think part of what Zelda Freak is thinking about, though, is back in the 80s, a LOT of games went heavy on the art in the manuals.  They renditions of many of these sprites, or at least the ones we might have a bit of affection for, often had what we might consider to be "obscure" renditions today, but for those of us that read manuals cover-to-cover, and relied on them for a bit of imaginative inspiration as we were playing, might have small painted images already seared in our brains.

Again, to a younger generation who might be familiar with older games, or at least the sequels in their franchise, these older images may be 100% unknown.  But there's also something about reading a manual for a game cover-to-cover, multiple times, when you love it.  For us, that was part of the experience and we can know of a lot of examples that aren't common knowledge.

I have no issue here. I'm just trying to give a bit of context.

On 10/15/2023 at 8:40 AM, T-Pac said:

For sure - it was perfect!

[T-Pac]

Well I'm glad you gave me something.

And I hate to do this, but is there any chance I could pick a different, less "objectified" enemy from Clash at Demonhead?

[T-Pac]

yeah dude, it's all good. my thought was that most of your characters (at least the  anthropomorphic ones) read to me as male, so i was hoping for a female character. definitely doesn't have to be some bikini model or anything. just trying to throw in some variance. 

if i get the time to find a better example, i will post it, but i have a busy couple weeks so we'll see. 

Edited by twiztor
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, twiztor said:

yeah dude, it's all good. my thought was that most of your characters (at least the  anthropomorphic ones) read to me as male, so i was hoping for a female character. definitely doesn't have to be some bikini model or anything. just trying to throw in some variance. 

if i get the time to find a better example, i will post it, but i have a busy couple weeks so we'll see. 

@T-Pac is the artist, but he could always draw her in a dress or something since the drawings are his interpretation of the character. Something like the Chiquita girl for example:

867990.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, T-Pac said:

16 - Octopus from Parodius Da [Nintendo Famicom - 1990]

@Jeevan - the Octopus is my go-to character in Parodius, too!

Also - this is officially the HALFWAY POINT OF INK-TOBER! Woohoo!

[T-Pac]

image.png.051d23f2d127f1e91f6e4a28b0b124ef.png

Love that you made him an actual octopus and not a hexopus like in the sprite!

But also, I wanted to see him in a cute Hachimaki 😞

• Haha 1