IGNORED

T-Pac's Ink-Tober 2023

T-Pac

Social Team · Posted
29 minutes ago, T-Pac said:

08 - Pumpkin Ghost from Tiny Toon Adventures [Nintendo Entertainment System - 1991]

@FireHazard51 - always good to have a few Halloween-themed suggestions. I made this one extra spooky, too.

[T-Pac]

image.png.a6489a9ced9c999c81a2879f0bd26ba4.png

I way under estimate your skills and abilities T-Pac.  This is freaking sick!

• Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/8/2023 at 2:42 AM, T-Pac said:

Perfect! (And no promises that I actually draw it as a cat haha.)

[T-Pac]

I just got some of those last year, too!
They're fun for flat coloring, but I'm pretty terrible at adding shadow tones with them, which is unfortunately the whole point of alcohol-based markers haha. You seemed to nail it pretty easy, though - especially with the chrome parts of your robot.

Drew my dad's 1964 station-wagon for his birthday last month, and I used the markers to color it...

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.d8f2dd0b1715838651080952d988d526.png

[T-Pac]

They sure do! I like that little blue guy - what game is this?

[T-Pac]

Mr Lee's Alishan Tea Collector, my homebrew!

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2023 at 12:55 PM, T-Pac said:

08 - Pumpkin Ghost from Tiny Toon Adventures [Nintendo Entertainment System - 1991]

@FireHazard51 - always good to have a few Halloween-themed suggestions. I made this one extra spooky, too.

[T-Pac]

image.png.a6489a9ced9c999c81a2879f0bd26ba4.png

That might be the best one yet! The level of detail is amazing!

• Love 1

12 hours ago, GPX said:

Inktober, heck yeah! This is like the antidote to all the WATA-infested-discussion threads! 
I’ll try and contribute something by the end of the month. 

Isn't that fact ironic that the main reason why you go to this forum after work is to escape from reality and read something new, cool or interesting but instead you get to read flamewars about WATA being racist??

Administrator · Posted
9 minutes ago, BlackVega said:

Isn't that fact ironic that the main reason why you go to this forum after work is to escape from reality and read something new, cool or interesting but instead you get to read flamewars about WATA being racist??

I feel like that's blowing it out of proportion a bit.

• Agree 1

Graphics Team · Posted
22 hours ago, GPX said:

@T-Pac since you’ve already done the drawings on this thread, it might save you some time by reviewing some of the games that’s associated with the pics. You only then have to focus on doing the reviews only. Just a suggestion. 🙂

I like that idea, but unfortunately it's not too practical.

For one, I don't have (or even want) a majority of the games these sprites come from (I almost exclusively play shoot-em-ups, platformers, and arcade games, after all).

And the other factor is that I didn't record myself drawing any of these - so there wouldn't be any live-drawing for my T-Pac Arcade videos. Plus my Ink-Tober entries are drawn on paper, so I don't even have a proper setup to record that haha.

I plan to eventually do reviews for some of these that ARE in my collection, though. (Ninja Gaiden, Parodius Da, Berzerk, etc.)

[T-Pac]

Graphics Team · Posted

10 - Bunbun from Super Mario Land [Nintendo Game Boy - 1989]

@Aguy - I didn't know this enemy had a name, but it doesn't seem to fit very well for a bug thing haha. And my apologies - I phoned this one in a bit and it's a little stiff and generic. Still fun, though.

[T-Pac]

image.png.2108929dbb3176129671453dd087612c.png

• Like 13
  • Love 3

56 minutes ago, T-Pac said:

11 - Cyclone from Dangerous Dave [PC - 1988]

@ikk - great idea with this one! It really pushed me to try making something creative out of basically just a spiky purple orb haha.

[T-Pac]

image.png.354561ad0d78e691abbdb5ba74661ec6.png

I was a bit worried there wasn't enough to work with, but it turned out amazing!

This enemy killed me so many times when I was a kid, at some point I just started sacrificing a life to kill him (touching it killed both you and the enemy) so I could get past. Thanks for giving the guy some character!🙂

• Love 1

37 minutes ago, T-Pac said:

13 - Tonma from The Legend of Hero Tonma [NEC TurboGrafx-16 - 1993]

@a3quit4s - congrats on the TurboGrafx set, dude!

[T-Pac]

image.png.2b5353e43c7f083a20d3c161ad6ac9bc.png

Yeahhhh!!! 3rd year in a row! Is it to early to claim the rough sketch 😄

Plus only to make the full set collectors butthurt my Magical Chase is PCEWorks lmao

Graphics Team · Posted
19 hours ago, twiztor said:

@T-Pac you're doing awesome work. i don't know what my favorite part of this forum is..... Ink-Tober or Secret Santa. sorry i don't have a suggestion this year, but keep up the awesome art! i appreciate you!!

Thanks, dude! Responses like this really keep me going - I almost didn't do Ink-Tober this year since it's an especially hectic October for me, but I'm glad that I'm sticking to it!

And I don't wanna hear excuses - you better give me a suggestion! I still need to fill 6 or 7 slots (unless I start double-dipping sprites from the same people).

Speaking of which - @ZeldaFreak, stop playing Werewolf for a minute and post a sprite for me! And where's @Makar

[T-Pac]

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, T-Pac said:

Thanks, dude! Responses like this really keep me going - I almost didn't do Ink-Tober this year since it's an especially hectic October for me, but I'm glad that I'm sticking to it!

And I don't wanna hear excuses - you better give me a suggestion! I still need to fill 6 or 7 slots (unless I start double-dipping sprites from the same people).

Speaking of which - @ZeldaFreak, stop playing Werewolf for a minute and post a sprite for me! And where's @Makar

[T-Pac]

Lol, we are in between WW games so there’s just no excuse for him.

Also, I try to be respectful but if you don’t get more suggestion (come on guys…), we’ll there’s a long bestiary of cute (or not!), grey scale sprites for FF Adventure I can post.

Graphics Team · Posted
17 minutes ago, RH said:

Lol, we are in between WW games so there’s just no excuse for him.

Also, I try to be respectful but if you don’t get more suggestion (come on guys…), we’ll there’s a long bestiary of cute (or not!), grey scale sprites for FF Adventure I can post.

Haha I might take you up on that, or go back to the posts with multiple good suggestions. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it...

My plan of attack is always to do 1 sprite per person, in the order that they post. Then once I've done that, I double-dip / pick my own sprites for the remaining slots. (Which, all things considered, is better than having more than 31 participants and having to make cuts.)

[T-Pac]