IGNORED

T-Pac's Ink-Tober 2023

T-Pac

On 11/4/2023 at 4:59 PM, ZeldaFreak said:

@Link I do really like that one, especially since it's from Robotron which became one of my favorite arcade games when I first played it a few years back, but I can send it your way if you do want it, I've already got plenty of sketches anyway so I don't mind giving it to you if you'd like it 🙂

Nah, it’s all good I have too much stuff already. I appreciate it though. 

• 4 weeks later...
Events Team · Posted

4qs.gif

5a5005ae52d9865e4d052bc1db7614e4.jpg

I honestly was not expecting to get this many, haha. Couldn't be happier though! ...Also not sure if I'm gonna be able to fit all these in the second frame in addition to the ones already in there, may indeed need to hang up a third frame, haha.

Also, one little thing @T-Pac...

8bf3e35c1eed74fa580826d81db09abd.png

It's uh, it's Conor, one N. Did you think I misspelled my own name when I gave you my address? 🤣 You aren't the first person to make that mistake nor will you be the last, but figured I'd point that out just for future reference, hahaha.

Excited to see who ended up with the Pumpkin Ghost, that was definitely one of my favorites this year!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Graphics Team · Posted
3 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Also, one little thing @T-Pac...

8bf3e35c1eed74fa580826d81db09abd.png

It's uh, it's Conor, one N. Did you think I misspelled my own name when I gave you my address? 🤣 You aren't the first person to make that mistake nor will you be the last, but figured I'd point that out just for future reference, hahaha.

Oops - well at least I got your address right haha.

[T-Pac]

• Haha 2

Graphics Team · Posted

And I forgot to mention this earlier, but I was too lazy to erase the blue "under-drawing" on all the ink-tobers this year.

So if you don't like seeing the construction lines on the drawings, you can just rub the whole thing down with a regular 'ol eraser and they'll go away without removing the black ink.
(It won't ruin the drawing as long as its a half-decent eraser, I promise).

[T-Pac]

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
34 minutes ago, T-Pac said:

And I forgot to mention this earlier, but I was too lazy to erase the blue "under-drawing" on all the ink-tobers this year.

So if you don't like seeing the construction lines on the drawings, you can just rub the whole thing down with a regular 'ol eraser and they'll go away without removing the black ink.

[T-Pac]

Honestly I like being able to see the under-drawings, personally. I like being able to see the work that went in to making the final result.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Honestly I like being able to see the under-drawings, personally. I like being able to see the work that went in to making the final result.

I agree too.  The under-lines are different on mine than they are on the whole final image.  It's a halo view into the progress and I find that pretty awesome.

And again, thanks @T-Pac for sharing your awesome skillz and being generous to cover getting all of these out.

Oh, and it looks like the "Studio Gibli" Mysterious Man was done in ball point?  Wow!  The ink is so fine in some parts and even though I'm not an artist, I have no clue how you could have such fine control.  I'm mean, ink pins aren't terrible but the fine detail on that one with what looked like it was drawn with the ink of a BIC pen amazed me.

IMG_1060.JPG

• Like 3

10 hours ago, T-Pac said:

[T-Pac]

Why do you always tag your username in the end?? I mean we can all see who posted what, I think...

Graphics Team · Posted
1 hour ago, RH said:

Oh, and it looks like the "Studio Gibli" Mysterious Man was done in ball point?  Wow!  The ink is so fine in some parts and even though I'm not an artist, I have no clue how you could have such fine control.  I'm mean, ink pins aren't terrible but the fine detail on that one with what looked like it was drawn with the ink of a BIC pen amazed me.

Thanks, dude! Yeah, for the ones with finer details I usually grab a BIC pen instead of a felt-tip marker. Surprisingly, its a bit more forgiving since you can build-up the line from lighter strokes. With the felt-tip you only get once chance to lay down the right line.

[T-Pac]

• Like 2

Graphics Team · Posted
1 hour ago, BlackVega said:

Why do you always tag your username in the end?? I mean we can all see who posted what, I think...

Tagging my username on every post is a way to help me filter what I say online.
The anonymity of posting in forums can make people feel like they have license to be mean, rude, or overly critical - and I find that "signing my name" to my posts forces me to take ownership of them and avoid saying things I would regret.

[T-Pac]

• Like 2