Jump to content
IGNORED

Game Night 1/23/21 !


Jeevan
 Share

Game Night for 1/23/21  

25 members have voted

  1. 1. What do we wanna play?

    • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, lots of battle mode and teams????
    • Jack Box, I own them all. (Will do a poll to what we wanna play, or will take suggestions if this wins!)
    • Power Bomberman (bomberman battle with up to 12 per lobby)
    • Sector's Edge
    • Quake through browser
  2. 2. What is your second choice if we get bored? Basically this is the second game we will play if we so choose!!!!!

    • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    • Jack Box
    • Power Bomberman
    • Sector's edge
    • Among Us, who are we kidding we will play this I'm sure
    • Quake through browser
    • Potato (correct choice)
    • Chili (incorrect choice)

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/19/2021 at 11:00 AM

Recommended Posts

@Mega Tank @spacepup @ZeldaFreak @ChickenTendas @Deadeye @fox @Rooster @Vectrex28 @0xDEAFC0DE @DefaultGen @Gloves @imabadguy1 @SNESNESCUBE64 @drxandy @ZeldaFan042 @Rhapsody98 @andrew244 @Costmosis @darkchylde28 @KokiriChild @Reed Rothchild @RegularGuyGamer @MegaMan52 @Scrobins @neodolphino @FireHazard51 @SailorScoutMandy @Megamanfan @AverageOliver98 @nettenette @Famicuber @Sumez @Dimo @BattySalem @B.A.

 

What shall we play boys and girls?

Among Us will no longer be on the vote.  We have defaulted to this every time towards the end of the night.  It is a great way to end the night.  Now that being said, when the new map comes out, you better bet your bottom dollar it is going back on every slot 🤣.

Edited by Jeevan
Forgot the stupid @'s
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • This topic was pinned and featured
Member · Posted

Jack Box (From the makers of You Don't Know Jack) has a lot of really fun party games.  Jeevan owns them all (that's like 35 different options for games.)  Lots of players can play at once and we don't need to buy or download anything, Jeevan just shares the room code and you use your computer or cell phone to play along.  Couple highlights:

Trivia Murder Party: A gameshow meets Saw.  Wrong answers result in punishments (losing a finger) or being killed by the host.  But that is ok, ghosts can still escape in the final round.

Fibbage:  Answer questions, but everyone gets to make up fake answers to shuffle in with the real ones.  You get points for answering correctly, but also get points if you fool someone into picking one of your fake answers.  Can get pretty spicy in an Apples to Apples sort of way.

I'd be down for any of them though, bunch of games in the later editions I've never tried.

Edited by fox
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, fox said:

Jack Box (From the makers of You Don't Know Jack) has a lot of really fun party games.  Jeevan owns them all (that's like 35 different options for games.)  Lots of players can play at once and we don't need to buy or download anything, Jeevan just shares the room code and you use your computer or cell phone to play along.  Couple highlights:

Trivia Murder Party: A gameshow meets Saw.  Wrong answers result in punishments (losing a finger) or being killed by the host.  But that is ok, ghosts can still escape in the final round.

Fibbage:  Answer questions, but everyone gets to make up fake answers to shuffle in with the real ones.  You get points for answering correctly, but also get points if you fool someone into picking one of your fake answers.  Can get pretty spicy in an Apples to Apples sort of way.

I'd be down for any of them though, bunch of games in the later editions I've never tried.

Also, there is an audience iirc.  So everyone can participate in some way in most of the games I think.....Not all, but most I believe, like quiplash.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd love for some more folks to play 7 Days to Die with, although I understand that may not be everybody's cup of tea.  I've never played with more than 4 people on at the same time (console or PC), but I imagine it could be quite a bit of fun (potentially after everybody got through the learning curve) as the game ramps and adjusts difficulty automatically depending on how many people are playing at once.

For those who may have missed my post about this game before, think of it like an open world Resident Evil without a lot of involved backstory--the world has ended, there are zombies everywhere, and it's your duty to survive.  You can search around virtually everywhere to find stuff or collect/earn post-society money to purchase/trade for goods, but you can also collect (and even farm) materials to craft your own stuff.  In its default setting, every 7 days, at 10:00 PM on the dot, a horde (which grows more massive & dangerous each time) appears and heads straight for the players (normally the largest group) who attempt to fight them off and survive the night.

There's currently no end to the game, so you basically play as long as you're still having fun with it.  You also earn XP as you go along, allowing you to improve statistics, learn new skills, etc., so it's also somewhat FPS-RPG in that regard.  You can also configure the game (within reason) to suit your preferences.  Like everything bur the horde?  Turn it off.  Getting too many or too few item finds?  Turn those up or down.  Daily drop from other survivors too much?  Turn the time way up, or off entirely.  Don't like the idea of zombies running at night or game no quite enough of a challenge?  Turn that on or off.

Technically nobody has to cooperate to play, but we've found that it makes it a lot more fun if you do so.  With that being said, for folks who aren't into team play, the game allows anybody to place down a land claim block wherever they want, disallowing non-allies from placing down/building objects within that area and adding additional damage/hit points to all blocks within that sphere for non-allies who might want to break in.

The game is normally $25, but drops down around $7-8 a copy a few times a year.  As far as I know, it's Steam only for PC (what I play these days, although I did start out with the PS4 version that the original developer abandoned before going out of business), but you can usually get cheap(er) keys for it throughout the year on the various CD key sites for $10-12.

Here's hoping more folks give this serious (even if not successful) consideration this time around, as I know from reading this forum and its predecessor that there are more than a few Resident Evil fans around, and I feel that this would be right up those folks' alleys especially.

Edit:  As for games that have already been proposed, I've had a bunch of fun with a couple of Jack Box games with college friends I haven't seen in years, so I imagine that they would only be even more fun filled up with people who know each other a lot better.  Also, regarding the ongoing potato vs chili debate...any chance we could keep that contained in its own thread versus having it overflow things the way it took over the Secret Santa thread for a few days?  😉

Edited by darkchylde28
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

I'd love for some more folks to play 7 Days to Die with, although I understand that may not be everybody's cup of tea.  I've never played with more than 4 people on at the same time (console or PC), but I imagine it could be quite a bit of fun (potentially after everybody got through the learning curve) as the game ramps and adjusts difficulty automatically depending on how many people are playing at once.

For those who may have missed my post about this game before, think of it like an open world Resident Evil without a lot of involved backstory--the world has ended, there are zombies everywhere, and it's your duty to survive.  You can search around virtually everywhere to find stuff or collect/earn post-society money to purchase/trade for goods, but you can also collect (and even farm) materials to craft your own stuff.  In its default setting, every 7 days, at 10:00 PM on the dot, a horde (which grows more massive & dangerous each time) appears and heads straight for the players (normally the largest group) who attempt to fight them off and survive the night.

There's currently no end to the game, so you basically play as long as you're still having fun with it.  You also earn XP as you go along, allowing you to improve statistics, learn new skills, etc., so it's also somewhat FPS-RPG in that regard.  You can also configure the game (within reason) to suit your preferences.  Like everything bur the horde?  Turn it off.  Getting too many or too few item finds?  Turn those up or down.  Daily drop from other survivors too much?  Turn the time way up, or off entirely.  Don't like the idea of zombies running at night or game no quite enough of a challenge?  Turn that on or off.

Technically nobody has to cooperate to play, but we've found that it makes it a lot more fun if you do so.  With that being said, for folks who aren't into team play, the game allows anybody to place down a land claim block wherever they want, disallowing non-allies from placing down/building objects within that area and adding additional damage/hit points to all blocks within that sphere for non-allies who might want to break in.

The game is normally $25, but drops down around $7-8 a copy a few times a year.  As far as I know, it's Steam only for PC (what I play these days, although I did start out with the PS4 version that the original developer abandoned before going out of business), but you can usually get cheap(er) keys for it throughout the year on the various CD key sites for $10-12.

Here's hoping more folks give this serious (even if not successful) consideration this time around, as I know from reading this forum and its predecessor that there are more than a few Resident Evil fans around, and I feel that this would be right up those folks' alleys especially.

Edit:  As for games that have already been proposed, I've had a bunch of fun with a couple of Jack Box games with college friends I haven't seen in years, so I imagine that they would only be even more fun filled up with people who know each other a lot better.  Also, regarding the ongoing potato vs chili debate...any chance we could keep that contained in its own thread versus having it overflow things the way it took over the Secret Santa thread for a few days?  😉

Agreed on the tater and chili debate, but I will keep it here and the OG thread myself......and i will prolly let it die after this game night poll.  I did post something in there I think about it on the SS thread.  Could be remembering wrong.  I would love to play with ya on that game.  As soon as the stint of covid coverage is over for me I will have more free time.  I bought it when u posted the humble bundle thing.  Look forward to some more gaming after work settles down.  I am barely able to keep up with what i got going now, but thats because i spend 60 hours a week at work usually.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, anybody has any games they think will be nice to add to the poll just pm me and I will add them to my folder of potential games.  I am working on looking for more to help us keep it fresh.  Hopefully jack box can do that this time, and maybe even next if we enjoy it enough.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Also, anybody has any games they think will be nice to add to the poll just pm me and I will add them to my folder of potential games.  I am working on looking for more to help us keep it fresh.  Hopefully jack box can do that this time, and maybe even next if we enjoy it enough.  

Is "Mad Verse City" one of the ones you've got?  I know somebody said you have "all" of the games, but does that mean literally every game they've released, or just all that are in a particular bundle?  I can specifically testify to the fun of that specific game, as it's the one my forever-ago school pals kept trying to drag me into while I was at work the most.  Much hilarity ensues as people are under the gun to come up with smack-down rhymes that make sense on a timer.  😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Is "Mad Verse City" one of the ones you've got?  I know somebody said you have "all" of the games, but does that mean literally every game they've released, or just all that are in a particular bundle?  I can specifically testify to the fun of that specific game, as it's the one my forever-ago school pals kept trying to drag me into while I was at work the most.  Much hilarity ensues as people are under the gun to come up with smack-down rhymes that make sense on a timer.  😂

I bought every jack box pack on steam.

I assume its there 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I won't vote since best case scenario is I can drop in after 10pm if you're playing Mario Kart

Possibly with my son in tow

Next time let me know lol, i almost missed ya.  But ya, feel free to bring ur son, just don't have dirty chat opened when he is there 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Administrator · Posted
Just now, FireHazard51 said:

Ugh, if we are going to keep playing Mario Kart I feel like I should legit play the game so I can be decent at it.  @JeevanWay to make me play a game that I own but NOT ON MY BACKLOG LIST!

I don't think we're gonna play Mario Kart this next game night lol.

image.png

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was unpinned
2 hours ago, Rhapsody98 said:

I wish there was some sort of online version of Cards Against Humanity.  Not technically a video game, but I've had a blast every time I've played.  LOL
 

some of these kinda are i think.......not 100% but could be, i think fox mentioned some 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was locked
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...