IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

4 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

The NES is a bootleg.

...you don't say?  I guess that's why I labeled it an NES mini clone?  Near identical to one I'd received a while back that had been labeled "Bootleg Garbage" by its previous owner?  Now, in your defense, I'm guessing you scanned like the first sentence or two, where I pointed out "everything's legit," referring to the various Game Boy carts, but I did specifically address the legitimacy of the NES mini (clone) further down.

My kids' TV is a cartoon character CRT with coax and AV in, so, yeah, they're getting a clone to play, since the real thing outputs via HDMI.  And, the real thing has a nastily noticeable amount of input lag, which, surprisingly, the clones don't, so it's much better for them to learn to play on anyway.  (And for the naysayers, a good friend didn't believe me until he played Ninja Gaiden on my AVS, then cursed me for showing him that the NES Mini had lag, as he could never un-feel it from that point forward.)

Graphics Team · Posted
On 5/7/2022 at 3:00 PM, MegaMan52 said:

mspacmanplugandplaypic1.jpg.b19ef5a821173ee523c882f9f87b2c71.jpg

image.jpeg.01303702ea3acaf68bc937e39f43b134.jpeg

Jakks Pacific Ms. Pac-Man Plug and Play from 2004. Aside from Ms. Pac-Man, it also contains Galaga, Pole Position, Mappy, and Xevious. This was a local purchase, from the same seller that sold the Super Joy III and Kool Kidz Plug and Plays to me last month,. Unlike those units, this one is licensed. The score info in Ms. Pac-Man and Mappy is on the right, much like the Namco Museum collections for PS1. Also, unlike the original Arcade version, the screen in Mappy scrolls vertically a little.

You know, this looks kind of familiar. I think I saw this or a similar plug and play at Toys R Us in the mid 2000's. I guess this was the alternative for people who didn't have (or want) the Namco Museum collections. Anyway, it was $15 (Canadian). Wish I paid a bit less, but when I bought the Super Joy III last month the seller gave me the Kool Kidz plug and play for free so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Great pickup @MegaMan52!

I blame those Namco Plug-N-Plays for starting my classic-gaming addiction. The Ms. Pac-Man one is especially cool because the joystick actually twists to steer in Pole Position. (The game selection is fantastic, too.)

-CasualCart

pickupsMAY2022_01.jpg.b63559374651bc68887733e182dbf68a.jpg

I always wanted one of these rotatable monitors, and I got this one for free!  You can see here that this portrait mode orientation is great for reading digital comics.  Planning to fire up MAME soon and get some vertical shmup action going.  Or as Joe from Game Sack would scream... "TATE MODE!!"

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1

14 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Sorry about your luck.  It’s a good place holder until a nice Rev-A pops up for you though 😉 

I already have the REV-A printed Made In Japan third print!

I do, however, need a REV-A Made In Japan sticker second print and then I should have all of them.

3 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I already have the REV-A printed Made In Japan third print!

I do, however, need a REV-A Made In Japan sticker second print and then I should have all of them.

The Rev-A Mafia approves this message.  That’s a whole lot of copies of a game where I can’t get past the third level.

spacer.png

Love Imagic games!

They were located in the city of my birth: Los Gatos, CA (also one of the locations for Atari's HQ)

I'm in the Numb Thumb Club now!! But I am a little bummed I wouldn't be able to use it to finance interplanetary travel.

Edited by G-type
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, G-type said:

spacer.png

Love Imagic games!

They were located the city of my birth: Los Gatos, CA (also one of the locations for Atari's HQ)

I'm in the Numb Thumb Club now!! But I am a little bummed I would be able to use it to finance interplanetary travel.

You were born in los gatos? Awesome. Love Vasona park/lake, we walk there often. 

• Like 1

update:

been a crazy few weeks and i have not had a chance to update.  here we go

sealed, nfr, Big box and a demo case.
Big Box,
Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey

Demo/NFR
Guitar Hero On Tour preorder with Pick Stylus

Sealed
Arctic Tale, Disgaea DS, Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands, Sweet 16, Noah's Ark

Special items.
MarioKart 7 UAE version.  (I have never seen on so this was a very nice find...)
Transformer Toy' R US exclusive (has special code insert)
Big Bran (are the 2 new version Sleeve codes)

20220512_124940.jpg.613bdd847cc9d1246af200af3c34281d.jpg20220512_125107.thumb.jpg.222ef05f9be5d1c168510406257dca39.jpg20220512_125156.thumb.jpg.30f7e408d8a8259794dbc498fea2e49c.jpg20220512_125550.thumb.jpg.e168690d2e495b1bc7453133dd73ee50.jpg20220512_125519.thumb.jpg.db35803ec6a417bf3674bafaa81dfb7b.jpg

• Like 10

To me it's not worth the image, but, in the last couple of years I've seen 3 copies of the game in various states of average condition or worse and never with the manual.

No savings, just no shipping, got it finally complete with minimal wear all around for $30 but finally I got Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance for the Gamecube once more.  Shame more games were never made like that, total lost opportunity.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

To me it's not worth the image, but, in the last couple of years I've seen 3 copies of the game in various states of average condition or worse and never with the manual.

No savings, just no shipping, got it finally complete with minimal wear all around for $30 but finally I got Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance for the Gamecube once more.  Shame more games were never made like that, total lost opportunity.

I love that game.  I wish the GC had got the sequel.  The Champions of Norrath and the sequel Champions Return to Arms for the PS2 are also worth picking up if you like this kind of game. 

11 hours ago, CMR said:

I love that game.  I wish the GC had got the sequel.  The Champions of Norrath and the sequel Champions Return to Arms for the PS2 are also worth picking up if you like this kind of game. 

I do, but I don't have any Sony systems anymore, not going to re-buy them either so it would be emulation or nothing I guess.  And I remember that burn all too well, it infuriated me when they did this big announcement, but mysteriously left the GC off.  I never got to play the game which really sucked. 😕

13 minutes ago, Renmauzo said:

Well, now I'm curious @goldenpp72: what Atlus games are you missing o_0?

If my list is accurate, Wacky races on NES, Power Instinct and a Soccer game for SNES, I might be missing a few stragglers on modern consoles but I don't keep too close of track on that until they stop getting games really. It's over 250 releases but it's a little tricky to go back to their NES era because they developed games they weren't credited for. The information is difficult to come by but I believe my list is pretty definitive and may even include a couple games they actually didn't make but are speculated to have been involved with in some loose fashion. 

• Wow! 2

Crazy week. Last week I made some impulse purchases and then this week I was kinda regretting making impulse purchases. Anyway, here's what arrived in the mail: 

pTOgyff.jpg

Was needing that Sonic 3 guide, now I have Sonic & Knuckles too. 

2IzGfIH.jpg

Decided to do something I rarely do, buy a game just to keep it sealed and maybe grade it down the road. 

SFbeaBc.jpg

This excellent CE arrived and the plush already went to my son, I haven't seen it since. 

iY9BpsM.jpg

LRG purchase from a long time ago and some more My Nintendo rewards. 

HQvpOXv.jpg

Another thing I said I would never do: I bought a CIB Neo Geo Pocket Color game just to have in the collection. It wasn't a steal but I just really really really like this box (and game). 

16AdTQv.jpg

Another limited print purchase that I waited a long long time for. 

dJQrAGP.jpg

Finally got a good price on one of these, in the box!

5393BZ6.jpg

And that's all for now. 

• Like 7
  • Wow! 3
  • Love 1