IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Quickie here.  I had this come in the mail today, not sure if that's a legit piratey seal or not, but it's a Sachen release famicom format of RocmanX also known as thunder blaster man too at times.  Amazingly was found just less than 2 hours up the road from me here, not an overseas mail here.

Not imaged, finally found (again) the Great Circus Mystery for SNES, along with my original game, and then recently getting the 3rd from Japan I got the trio for the system. 😄

rocmanx1.jpg

rocmanx2.thumb.jpg.79cdc0c0eb6ea277e1d17efeeb5dc934.jpg

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 5
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Quickie here.  I had this come in the mail today, not sure if that's a legit piratey seal or not, but it's a Sachen release famicom format of RocmanX also known as thunder blaster man too at times.  Amazingly was found just less than 2 hours up the road from me here, not an overseas mail here.

Not imaged, finally found (again) the Great Circus Mystery for SNES, along with my original game, and then recently getting the 3rd from Japan I got the trio for the system. 😄

rocmanx1.jpg

Found out about this game on The Mega Man Homepage in the early 2000's, and watched videos of it on YouTube in 2007/2008. It was also shown in an issue of Tips & Tricks magazine. The music is pretty bad. Congrats on getting it with the box. 

I noticed there's a copy of "Thunder Blaster Man" on eBay now for around $1500.

Edited by MegaMan52

15 hours ago, Gloves said:

Yo all those F4Fs. I've been humming and hawwing over whether I should get the croc Banjo. It's my favorite character in the game, super cute. 

Super jealous of the setup, as ever. 

He's very cute, I found him slightly scary to put together due to the wavy magic thing around him but it worked out, I think I prefer him over Mumbo despite the size/cost difference. I saw they are doing Grunty as well but I don't think I'll be partaking there, space and stuff 😛

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, goldenpp72 said:

He's very cute, I found him slightly scary to put together due to the wavy magic thing around him but it worked out, I think I prefer him over Mumbo despite the size/cost difference. I saw they are doing Grunty as well but I don't think I'll be partaking there, space and stuff 😛

Space is my biggest barrier right now. I have Pyramid Head coming when that releases and I have no clue where I'll put him. 

6 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

Found out about this game on The Mega Man Homepage in the early 2000's, and watched videos of it on YouTube in 2007/2008. It was also shown in an issue of Tips & Tricks magazine. The music is pretty bad. Congrats on getting it with the box. 

I noticed there's a copy of "Thunder Blaster Man" on eBay now for around $1500.

Thanks, and ouch.  Same game just with a more grossly illegal hacked title screen and awesome box art and sticker on the cart too.  Inside it has a NES sized almost but less high official Sachen dust cardboard sleeve for it it basically falls into.  The game really isn't that bad, just kind of stiff and unforgiving, but once you figure the mechanics out like largely those 80s games went a lot of trial and error.

On 4/30/2022 at 11:51 PM, Tanooki said:

rocmanx1.jpg

They're really highlighting the random green midboss robot in that cover. Like it's Sigma's right hand man or something. 

Also, love the W he's throwin up

@3rdStrongestMole The funny thing is, and I haven't gone much into it as it's challenging, the only honest part of the box is the back 3 screen captures from what I can see so far.  I kind of wish the random fodder in the stages took less hits, it's a bit much, but it's more nicely done than not when playing.  It's also testy, I think it wants maybe a specific famiclone, one of the 3 stages you can access to start has background glitching and while I'm using a hdmi modded top loader, it still is at its core using the original CPU/PPU so I don't think it's a factor as it looks glitched all over on my fc mobile 88 handheld.  From what I got from fcgamer he seems to think it's just needing specific hardware I'm not going to go looking for.

• Like 1

My pickups from the past week: 

aHrsseP.jpg

Had these GBCs already but they were a bit dirty and having various issues, finally had them sent out to a modder to be fixed and have backlit screens installed, they look great now!

Killer7 was a game I wanted for a while and never found a good deal or trade for it but decided to just buy it on eBay. 

igjgcfW.jpg

This Animal Crossing folder was a really cool find, more info here

281VjIP.jpg

Got one of the most disappointing My Nintendo rewards!

zxnkThP.jpg

xqTM8wT.jpg

And of course I had to get that water bottle pre-order bonus from Walmart. 

• Like 8

Here is the most difficult yet unimpressive CIB subset I will ever collect...When I started doing GBA, I went out of my way to avoid these GBA Videos, but then I got a few in lots...and the novelty started to grow on me...then got a couple of the uncommon/rare ones in lots off eBay...then got offered two of the ultra-rares in a trade (in which I had to give up some sealed ultra-rare GBA games!), so I finally bit the bullet this week and bought the final ultra-rare (Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!).  If you're wondering, the 4 ultra-rares are Nicktoons Vol. 3, Proud Family, Super Robot Money Team, and Disney Channel Vol. 2 (in that order)...If you spot any one of them in the wild (or even on eBay!) with the box it is a mini-miracle.

1270656721_IMG_15991.thumb.JPG.69a62c38a8087b2ea51aa60a5a4814d7.JPG

• Like 3
  • Wow! 7
  • Love 2

36 minutes ago, Naked Warrior said:

Here is the most difficult yet unimpressive CIB subset I will ever collect...When I started doing GBA, I went out of my way to avoid these GBA Videos, but then I got a few in lots...and the novelty started to grow on me...then got a couple of the uncommon/rare ones in lots off eBay...then got offered two of the ultra-rares in a trade (in which I had to give up some sealed ultra-rare GBA games!), so I finally bit the bullet this week and bought the final ultra-rare (Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!).  If you're wondering, the 4 ultra-rares are Nicktoons Vol. 3, Proud Family, Super Robot Money Team, and Disney Channel Vol. 2 (in that order)...If you spot any one of them in the wild (or even on eBay!) with the box it is a mini-miracle.

1270656721_IMG_15991.thumb.JPG.69a62c38a8087b2ea51aa60a5a4814d7.JPG

Would you count these towards a GBA full set?

1 minute ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Would you count these towards a GBA full set?

I personally don't, but I can see where some would.  They fall into the "no" for me because they aren't "games" that can be "played", only watched.  Also, there is one in there that doesn't count toward the subset because it is just a box variant (but it made my picture into a nice 6x6 rectangle). Can anyone spot it??

2 hours ago, Naked Warrior said:

I personally don't, but I can see where some would.  They fall into the "no" for me because they aren't "games" that can be "played", only watched.  Also, there is one in there that doesn't count toward the subset because it is just a box variant (but it made my picture into a nice 6x6 rectangle). Can anyone spot it??

I believe Shrek & Shrek 2 is the variant. There was never a combo cart for those 2 but they came as 2 separate carts.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

This has been scraped together here and there over the course of a few months, but I figured it might still be of interest.  Everything's legit, and I specifically took and/or sought out beaters to get/keep the cost low(er).  The copy of Ruby pictured is real, even if it's technically more of a dog than the copy of Red near it.  (It also contained a themed Pokemon team that was unique, hysterical, utterly filthy, with photos left out of this post and only shared via PM with the truly curious.)

The GB/GBC flash cart doesn't feature a RTC, but works well with no issues beyond a quirk where it doesn't dump the save file for the game currently in SRAM until you tell it to load a different game.  Figuring that one out drove me up the wall for a couple of hours, unable to understand how the save file I pulled off the SD and loaded up in an emulator showed my Pokemon team of a couple of weeks prior, but booting up the cartridge showed everybody as they should be.

The NES mini clone is new today but untested.  I had gotten one almost exactly like it toward the end of NA off of one of the twins (who shipped it with a sticky note on it reading "Bootleg Garbage," lol).  It had been set up in my kids' room for them to play with, and after most of a year, they finally knocked it around enough to mess up the USB power port in the back.  The old one might be fixable, but it was worth the $20 to just get a new one and not have to worry about it for the foreseeable future.

The R4 card is also new today, but has been tested.  It came from Amazon, was pre-loaded with a lot of stuff, and didn't seem to boot as it should when I first tested it out in a DS Lite, so I went to the official manufacturer site and dumped the newest menu/firmware on it.  After that, it pops up immediately, every time now, pretending to be Deep Labyrinth by Atlus.  It's been tested and verified by me to not contain a timebomb (at least out to 2037), and plays DS games (as well as GBC/GBA, NES, and Neo Geo arcade) happily, on both DS and 3DS.  I can share the link, if anyone is in search of one and want to guarantee they get a good one.

The fake Game Boy cases are top notch, and are the closest that I've ever experienced to the real thing.  They're ever so slightly larger, and have little burrs here and there (especially around the lip of the bottom half) that need to be trimmed/shaved off, but look and mostly feel exactly like the real deal.  My only real complaint about them is that the plastic they're made of is ever so slightly slicker than what real ones are, so they tend to slide around and slip off of one another when piled up more so than real ones.  They come in packs of 10, so not all are present in the photo, but I figured I'd include them anyway since they've done such a decent job of protecting my handful of orphaned carts.

spacer.png

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, RpgCollector said:

Winner Winner chicken dinner. 
The Dexters fixes a game locking bug

https://tcrf.net/Talk:Dexter's_Laboratory:_Deesaster_Strikes!

I was gonna say that I thought they were the two carts that were part of that infamous double pack that someone spent like a couple of years or so tracking down and only semi-recently (in the last 6 months or so) finally got their hands on.  Are we both right?  😆

13 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

I was gonna say that I thought they were the two carts that were part of that infamous double pack that someone spent like a couple of years or so tracking down and only semi-recently (in the last 6 months or so) finally got their hands on.  Are we both right?  😆

Kind of. They are the games from the double pack only sold separate. I have long wondered if the double pack is the -1 bug fix variants or normal buggy games. I have only seen the double pack sealed and box only so far. I need to get a sealed one so I can open it and see. I have a feeling it is the bug fixed releases that they put out very late and in very small quantity. Just a guess though.

19 hours ago, RpgCollector said:

Kind of. They are the games from the double pack only sold separate. I have long wondered if the double pack is the -1 bug fix variants or normal buggy games. I have only seen the double pack sealed and box only so far. I need to get a sealed one so I can open it and see. I have a feeling it is the bug fixed releases that they put out very late and in very small quantity. Just a guess though.

Is there a way to know if it's the -1 variant looking at just the Dexter box?

A few new games. The three Switch games were $100 from Gamestop new (still need a console.) Rolling Gunner and Raiden IV are S tier. I somehow got 40 hours in Ender Lilies and I think they said it's an 12 hour game - still probably have like 15% of collectables left. (Did not use map properly in beginning.)

Resized_20220504_135707.jpeg

Resized_20220504_133824.jpeg

Resized_20220504_134551.jpeg

Resized_20220504_133633(1).jpeg

Edited by Californication
  • Like 7