IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

4 hours ago, CMR said:

FINALLY!  It feels like ti took forever for this stuff to come in.  It was all supposed to ship in march, or earlier, but delays for one of the games kept pushing things back.

Felt the same way.  Deathsmiles I didn't touch, but those other 2 between them and VGD I waited months on end for too along with Chrono Cross switch.  I got that same sticker too here in the desk, love that green girl with the switch art.  I wonder where they got it or who draws those for them because I was thinking of scanning it.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CMR said:

Didn't that originally come in the long box?

Yes the jewel case is a bit of an odd variant. I think twisted metal and mk3 are high $ ones.

3 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Also PlayStation jewel cases should have clear spines… 

Yes. I switch it myself. I like the look of the black/grey. Some Japanese ps1 games come with the black/grey insert.

• Like 1

Today I did something that usually happens only a few times a year, might have been the first this year, I went across the river and hit 3 places I know of that can get nice things, two of the three worked out, the third I think I'll be writing off entirely for being now scummy.

The other two locations are basically indoor thrifts/peddler places where a store runs a big area and people pay for spaces inside for them to babysit/sell things for a cut.  The first had rows of cases of things from a guy who has spaces between near me and here, and in one, I found a nice Genesis game for a fair price -- Battletoads for $32, given the shape, a solid price.

The third place was a peddlers mall which is a chain of them on both sides of the river.  The cases didn't have much I'd want, but good stuff (like the other, a vendors village), but this one dude who has been there forever had these two nice items in the case.  They were a bit more than I wished combined at $95, so I made an offer and got the pair for $80. 😄  I never had Super Nova before(a Darius game), but Super Valis IV has been on my recovery list for awhile.  Both are in stunningly clean shape with shiny clear labels too.

IN-snes-gen.JPG.f86791308cb0e1857437065d2ec9e4a5.JPG

The other places if you're in southern Indiana, AVOID it, called Hollywood Video and Games.  You've been warned.  A 25-100% markup over ebay values makes me wonder if this old store will continue to last much longer.

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1

New things here and there, had some nice opportunities come my way finally

0H0G8nZ.jpg

Did a trade with @Jmbarnes101 for the XCX SE which I should have picked up long ago. Found a nice deal on the Nights guide via Reddit. 

7rhndL1.jpg

Found a nice deal via eBay for these two, Gardening Mama 2 is getting pricey so this was a relief. 

NM4jGMc.jpg

Another eBay deal from a hardcore Strawberry Shortcake collector. 

Kny6Nfz.jpg

Picked up a sealed Torna to keep sealed (already have one opened) and also picked up this pin set for not too much money via eBay. 

0m71wg1.jpg

m1FWkvd.jpg

Had an unusual opportunity to pick up a bunch of original Game Boy games, some which I've wanted for quite a while and had not been able to find easily. My favorite cover here is Faceball, that one is such a cool box art, but my favorite game might be Golf. I used to play that one a lot. 

8FF3t9g.jpg

A few things I've set aside from a recent local haul. The carrying case needed significant cleaning, I'm happy with how it looks now. 

bAkKQyQ.jpg

Went in on some sales for these Switch accessories, kind of a dumb purchase but I really like these. Also got 13 Sentinels on sale and managed to find a sealed error Art Academy. 

dDMJSq9.jpg

Got a bunch of pixel pals! Not sure if I will keep them all but they are kinda fun. 

POucmXu.jpg

Also got this old thing. The box doesn't look great but should be fun if it all works. 

sbkh0cI.jpg

Oh and lastly, one of my hauls came with this bonus little set of cards, which is nice!

That's all for now. 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 11
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

@MiamiSlice NIce job and really nice cards as a bonus that's some good stuff there.  I like that pixel pal selection, I never bought the things up until I found your SMW (peace sign) one locally a year or two back at a half price and it's a fun desk buddy.  I never seen that Megaman one before, that would be a keeper if I ever saw that.  It's surprising how nice those things light up.  But amazing is that hell of a game boy pick up, such variety there with lots of fun choices. That HAL wrestling is done by human for HAL, its basically a slim version of fire pro.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

New things here and there, had some nice opportunities come my way finally

0H0G8nZ.jpg

Did a trade with @Jmbarnes101 for the XCX SE which I should have picked up long ago. Found a nice deal on the Nights guide via Reddit. 

7rhndL1.jpg

Found a nice deal via eBay for these two, Gardening Mama 2 is getting pricey so this was a relief. 

NM4jGMc.jpg

Another eBay deal from a hardcore Strawberry Shortcake collector. 

Kny6Nfz.jpg

Picked up a sealed Torna to keep sealed (already have one opened) and also picked up this pin set for not too much money via eBay. 

0m71wg1.jpg

m1FWkvd.jpg

Had an unusual opportunity to pick up a bunch of original Game Boy games, some which I've wanted for quite a while and had not been able to find easily. My favorite cover here is Faceball, that one is such a cool box art, but my favorite game might be Golf. I used to play that one a lot. 

8FF3t9g.jpg

A few things I've set aside from a recent local haul. The carrying case needed significant cleaning, I'm happy with how it looks now. 

bAkKQyQ.jpg

Went in on some sales for these Switch accessories, kind of a dumb purchase but I really like these. Also got 13 Sentinels on sale and managed to find a sealed error Art Academy. 

dDMJSq9.jpg

Got a bunch of pixel pals! Not sure if I will keep them all but they are kinda fun. 

POucmXu.jpg

Also got this old thing. The box doesn't look great but should be fun if it all works. 

sbkh0cI.jpg

Oh and lastly, one of my hauls came with this bonus little set of cards, which is nice!

That's all for now. 

Great stuff all around per usual.  I'm especially jealous of that Catrap

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

There's a War of the Worlds game???

More than one.  There was one in the arcade that was ported as a homebrew to the Vectrex.  The one here is special version with more gaming elements.

Edited by TrekMD

garfieldps2pic1.jpg.b7cdf05e0f60a069c70925da47d5f9df.jpg

garfieldps2pic2.jpg.7f8daa2251f337689eeeaaaba1402fcf.jpg

garfieldps2pic3.jpg.03a7f2146fc373b29d1b86af7168b34e.jpg

Here's Garfield: Lasagna World Tour for PS2. I read a lot of Garfield comics and watched several episodes of the Garfield and Friends cartoon series when I was a kid. However, I haven't played any Garfield video games before. I read about A Week of Garfield for Famicom years ago on an NES site called NES Player, and I'm aware of Garfield Kart on Switch. But I didn't get around to buying any Garfield games until now. This was a local purchase, and has a bilingual cover and manual. It cost $20 Canadian. A bit steep, but still a little cheaper than on eBay. The game was released late in 2007 and, oddly, it is on a CD instead of a DVD. You'd think by that point every PS2 game would be on DVD, but apparently not. Critics didn't like the game (shocker!), but several fans have given it good ratings. I suspect it is neither great or bad, and is probably just OK.

The following three items were bought at a Thrift store:

splintercellessentialspic1.jpg.2875515e142db128802867b996ad7cc8.jpg

splintercellessentialspic2.jpg.8ce1ff75f72a431e2f267546323e526b.jpg

I'm a huge fan of the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell series, so of course I had to add Splinter Cell Essentials to my collection. I believe it is a follow-up to the Xbox, PS2, and GameCube versions of Splinter Cell: Double Agent, so it is probably non-canon. That didn't prevent me from buying it, though, and I prefer the sixth gen versions of Splinter Cell: Double Agent anyway (since they're more like the first three Splinter Cell games). It cost $8 and is complete.

harrypotterwiigamepic1.jpg.ddf763c13f0352bf1abdad0a15e728b9.jpg

harrypotterwiigamepic2.jpg.90c1377a1ac28e89a8099634e76a563d.jpg

harrypotterwiigamepic3.jpg.bb5194d7b1e9e0e70acee8fd85606b54.jpg

Similar to Garfield, I've read a lot of Harry Potter books and watched most of the movies but haven't played the games much (though I do have Sorcerer's Stone for GameCube). I found Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix for Wii with case and manual. Never mind the EB Games price tag on the top right; the game cost $5.

homeimprovementseason1pic1.jpg.a840d0b605b967c7ba0e798472aba9fa.jpg

homeimprovementseason1pic2.jpg.62c15667c300016167da6176709955e1.jpg

Also found the first season of Home Improvement on DVD for $7, still sealed.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 8

Administrator · Posted

I just won this auction and I'm pretty stoked about it. I don't often win auctions that I'm very happy about, but I've been going back and re-buying games I sold in the great PS3 exodus of 2017 (I quit trophy hunting pretty hard and sold all my games) and I managed to get this lot with a single bid.

The cost of the lot is less than the shipping lol, but it STILL comes out to around just $7 a game and they're all bangers 1v1 me bro, knives only on Shipment.

image.png

• Like 9

Say what you will about the franchise, it still largely had some solid campaign play and mechanics, and at $7CAD too is an utter steal.  I mean even the bare cases alone have decent value too.  In current USD that's like $37.60 shipped from that image which is nuts as that's $5.37 a game, good luck ever paying $5 a game for much anything anymore.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/26/2022 at 5:15 PM, Gloves said:

I just won this auction and I'm pretty stoked about it. I don't often win auctions that I'm very happy about, but I've been going back and re-buying games I sold in the great PS3 exodus of 2017 (I quit trophy hunting pretty hard and sold all my games) and I managed to get this lot with a single bid.

The cost of the lot is less than the shipping lol, but it STILL comes out to around just $7 a game and they're all bangers 1v1 me bro, knives only on Shipment.

image.png

On 5/26/2022 at 8:41 PM, Tanooki said:

Say what you will about the franchise, it still largely had some solid campaign play and mechanics, and at $7CAD too is an utter steal.  I mean even the bare cases alone have decent value too.  In current USD that's like $37.60 shipped from that image which is nuts as that's $5.37 a game, good luck ever paying $5 a game for much anything anymore.

Black ops 2 is a lil sleeper. I love finding it in the wild it’s always $2-$3. The “collections” and “combo packs” are nice pickups too.

i never played but my wife did. I asked her what’s the deal with black ops 2 it’s always an easy $10+ sale( I had a guy geek out over it at the flea market for $10) she said “it’s got good zombies”.

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Black ops 2 is a lil sleeper. I love finding it in the wild it’s always $2-$3. The “collections” and “combo packs” are nice pickups too.

i never played but my wife did. I asked her what’s the deal with black ops 2 it’s always an easy $10+ sale( I had a guy geek out over it at the flea market for $10) she said “it’s got good zombies”.

She ain't wrong!

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 3:41 AM, Tanooki said:

Yep. I didnt  play the multiplayer as much on all of them but always enjoyed the  campaigns