IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Posted
24 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

Any PS VR2 games I'd be interested in, if I don't have it I'll buy it.  I bet you have a second copy of Last of Us Part II Remastered....I'll call dibs on the second copy.

You know, that was the weird thing.  I saw games for almost all modern systems, and there's even some PC titles in there. I literally think this was the entire bin of returns for something like 3 months that were shipped to the distro center in this area.  Regardless, I've not seen a single PSVR title, but if I find any, I'll send you a message.

My job tomorrow is to sort by system, then by sealed/CIB and last alphabetize.  I'll do PS5 first and then get a list of VR titles for you, if there are any. I actually thought about you as I rummaged through the lot--"Dang... there's nothing hear to share with FireHazard?!"

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Dibs on Pikmin 4, Last of Us Part II Remaster, and/or the MGS Collection

3 hours ago, RH said:

Well, I’m probably going to post this on Reddit too just to see people both lose their collective minds, and call me a liar, but I just got the pick-up of a life time.

For just under $1,000 I got all of these games (plus several I’ve sold already in the past few days, plus a brand new PS5.)  The games are probably about $1.50/ea and I’d say that are 30% sealed.

The scoop is a local thrift shop received a massive pallet of modern titles from a Wal-Mart distribution center.  These are all customer returns and from spot checking discs (and reading the notes on the labels) most people didn’t want them and that was the reason for the returns! I’ve not found a scratched disc yet, either. Anyway, I bought a bunch at $5/each a few days ago and today I told them to name a price on the rest.  At $500 for what you see hear, I couldn’t say no.

Boom, instant PS4/5/XBox Series-X collection unlocked!

95% of these are going up for sale.  To recoup costs, after I sort through them I’ll likely put CIBs in medium priority mail boxes and $1-auction the boxes on eBay.  I’ll pull out the better condition/sealed items and sell them in lots of 3-5 or individually depending on value.

Seriously though, I like to give you guys first dibs. If you send me your list of games you want for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series-X. I will set them for you guys and we can strike a really good deal.  I could be open to trades later but I have to dig myself out of this $1,000 hole first.  My wife is typically skeptical of my… business moves but even she could see that all these games for $1.25-1.75 was a steal.

IMG_2384.jpeg

IMG_2372.jpeg

That’s pretty crazy, I need a copy of need for speed unbound for xbox and possibly atomic heart. Prefer to be cib as I plan on playing them. Once you get them organized post pics maybe something else would interest me.

IMG_7036.jpeg.9c5909e5773a8ec63299a1308b4c87c0.jpeg

Plucked Chip & Dale and Blaster Master from a larger lot you guys will probably see later elsewhere on the forum 😉 Super happy with this pickup and will probably end up being one of my favorite scores of the summer.  I’d kind of written off getting chip & dale as a lower priority Duck tales which I still need.

• Like 8

22 hours ago, RH said:

Well, I’m probably going to post this on Reddit too just to see people both lose their collective minds, and call me a liar, but I just got the pick-up of a life time.

Tell them you’re going to get the sealed stuff graded and that you bought the lot to resell.  Revel in the chaos 😆 
Animated GIF 

• Love 1

I picked up an obscure plug and play Famiclone called a Sky Cube. It's got unlicensed NES ports of C64 games and some other weird stuff thrown on it. It was made by a Hong Kong company called Cheer Tech. Games would be fun, but playing on a flimsy PnP kinda dampens the experience. It would be cool to try and put the contents on a flashcart though

Also, they decided to use the Genesis 2 video port, instead of something more common like the normal composite cables 90% of PnP's use. That made it take a while to figure out how to use it

Sky Cube Ports.JPG

Sky Cube Back.JPG

Sky Cube Front.JPG

• Like 7

Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm not going to junk up this thread with too many details from my mega lot but take a guess which game I had the most of (across all systems.  Answer and interesting details in the spoiler.

Spoiler

Grand Theft Auto V

Don't get me wrong, I almost have just as many Madden 24s, but not quite.  Anyway, I took all of the GTA Vs and GTA Trilogies and just threw them up for a $1 auction, started this past Friday.  Jeez, I did not expect it to escalate this quickly, but the lot of almost 40 copies is over $200.  Any bets on where it will end?  I'm guessing around $300.

Auction:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/204777423476

Also, for the games that I had the most duplicates of, I took one of each for a system and threw them in Mid-Sized Priority Mail boxes.  You can see those auctions in my account, however, no one's as interested in them as they are the mass-lot of the spoiler game.

Edited by RH
  • Like 1

I still haven't gotten burned out on the Guitar Hero/Rock Band games since getting back into them, so I picked up a few more.  The three PS2 games are all games I have on PS3, but I got them to play for the "Beat the PS2 Library" thread.  Fortunately, they were pretty cheap.  I never heard of Rock Revolution until recently.  Amazing, it was an attempt to start a ANOTHER franchise of instrument/band rhythm games.  Unsurprisingly, this one didn't do too well since it came out around the time of market saturation and loss of interest in the genre.  But it was cheap, and there are a hand full of good songs on the set list, so I will try it out.   

20240507_132647.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

I still haven't gotten burned out on the Guitar Hero/Rock Band games since getting back into them, so I picked up a few more.  The three PS2 games are all games I have on PS3, but I got them to play for the "Beat the PS2 Library" thread.  Fortunately, they were pretty cheap.  I never heard of Rock Revolution until recently.  Amazing, it was an attempt to start a ANOTHER franchise of instrument/band rhythm games.  Unsurprisingly, this one didn't do too well since it came out around the time of market saturation and loss of interest in the genre.  But it was cheap, and there are a hand full of good songs on the set list, so I will try it out.   

20240507_132647.jpg

Favorite game in the series?

Administrator · Posted
3 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

20240507_132647.jpg

Have you played Rock of the Dead?

91faAflLsQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Wow! 1

12 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Have you played Rock of the Dead?

91faAflLsQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Yes, but I can't get into it.  It plays very differently from the traditional GH/RB games, and my muscle memory makes it difficult to adapt to.  Maybe if I spent more time with it, but I'm not sure if I want to make the commitment.

Believe me, I WANT to like it.  Typing of the Dead is my absolute favorite Dreamcast game, and ranks among my all time favorite video games.  So when I learned about this game, I was super excited to try it out.  But when I did try it, I really struggled to get by even the early simple stages.  

Administrator · Posted
9 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Yes, but I can't get into it.  It plays very differently from the traditional GH/RB games, and my muscle memory makes it difficult to adapt to.  Maybe if I spent more time with it, but I'm not sure if I want to make the commitment.

Believe me, I WANT to like it.  Typing of the Dead is my absolute favorite Dreamcast game, and ranks among my all time favorite video games.  So when I learned about this game, I was super excited to try it out.  But when I did try it, I really struggled to get by even the early simple stages.  

Ah dang, I was hoping it'd be a fun game for you to sink your teeth into. T_T

32 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Favorite game in the series?

Difficult to say.

Back when the genre was super popular, I only ever owned and played Guitar Hero 1 & 2 and Rock Band.  I bought a small number of other releases during the PS4 era when PS3 games were super cheap, but I never played them.  It wasn't until the past few months, when I got the itch to play them again, that I got around to playing some of the other releases.  So most of the other releases I'm playing for the first time ever.

I can say that my experience has been that the mainline series titles are much better than the "expansion" or "band themed" games.  It's not that the expansions are bad, but I just find that the variety in the mainline titles to be much better.  

So to answer your question, back when I had only played Guitar Hero 1 & 2 and Rock Band, I always thought Rock Band was the better game.  However, with all of the new installments that I've tried for the first time, I might have to say that Guitar Hero 5 seems to be to most fun so far.  I still have several titles to try, and a few more to buy.  

Also, many years ago, I bought Guitar Hero Live (game and guitar bundle) for the PS4 and Wii U back when they were on clearance at Target for $9 and $6 respectively.   I didn't care for the new guitar style of GH Live.  I understand that it's probably more realistic, but the muscle memory I developed with the older games makes it difficult for me to learn on a completely different style guitar.  So I doubt I will ever play that game again.  For those who don't know, Guitar Hero Live uses a completely different 6 button guitar (two rows of three buttons), and it plays completely different from the old Guitar Hero and Rock Band games.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

Ah dang, I was hoping it'd be a fun game for you to sink your teeth into. T_T

I should probably give it another try sometime.  But I have a feeling that I would have more fun just playing Typing of the Dead, or using the guitar on normal GH/RB games.  

12 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Neil Patrick Harris? 

12 hours ago, Gloves said:

It's a very weird lineup of names lol.

You can't have Rob Zombie without Neil Patrick Harris.  Those two go together like peanut butter and jelly.  

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

You can't have Rob Zombie without Neil Patrick Harris.  Those two go together like peanut butter and jelly.  

Don't forget Felicia Day. It's the perfect trifecta. 

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, D~Funk said:

Latest purchases. Picked up quite a few of my most wanted SNES CIBs including a Kevin Eastman signed Turtles IV which I'm pretty excited about! 20240509_113636.jpg.a3d8e6ee2fe78aa9a16ecb2e89ecc733.jpg

20240509_113859.jpg

Bangers, all.

• Thanks 1