IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Oh nice Genesis goodies, I have Dragon's Fury too great game.

Just the other day I got for in very very great shape CIB for that Viewpoint and Galaxy Force II from the local shop near by.

Today was nice, the HBP on the way to get my kid had this nice orange book for $4 I'd only seen online before, the How to Win at Super Nintendo Games book, so dumb but a nice fun read just the way it's written.  Better writing than the earlier stuff that's fairly immature and loaded with errors that the NES ones were loaded with.

Then went to the other this evening when I had a little time, found a nice copy of Yoshi's Story, Jaws for NES in a sleeve which i had been looking out for, and a desperately needed Gamecube 251 card I still had a spare sticker set for from my original.  I was using a 251+59 and was out of space with some stuff I couldn't save if I started, problem solved. 😄  I was in around $40ish on that stuff.

Also my 2nd aliexpress package came in with a Genesis/MD 218in1 cart, surprised me both of the build quality, but also the very nice and animated, easy to navigate menu it has.  I tried out Battlemanie 2 on that since I own Trouble Shooter, that was fun.

Eventually I'll have to do a post, waiting on more to come in but I've got some import goodies.

• Like 2

sonic2moviegoodies.jpg.9a39e953996bebfc70dc53607794f367.jpg

sonic2moviecup.jpg.2de5949f9f2adf31c5309b10c96953ff.jpg

Watched Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and got a Sonic cup and (another) Tails toy.

Yes...I had to buy the kids pack or whatever. There were no medium or large Sonic cups at the Theater as far as I know. Which was fine, because I didn't want a ton of soda anyway. I thought I'd just be getting the drink and some popcorn, but I was given the Tails toy and some Jolly Rancher gummies too. Bonus!

The movie was pretty fun to watch, and it was nice to see Tails and Knuckles on the big screen. And it was nice seeing Jim Carrey being Jim Carrey again (er, I mean, Robotnik). I also watched the first one in the Theater and have it on Blu-ray, and also visited one of the movie's filming locations in 2018.

By the way, for those who haven't seen the second Sonic movie yet, I recommend hanging out during the credits if you want to watch a scene featuring another familiar Sonic character.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 4

So I decided with what all I've found between last Sunday and the mail calls that rolled in through the week it probably would make more sense to do an image, so some of this is a re-run.

After years of floundering on it because of my distaste of CIB costs of the imports being what it used to be for loose I didn't, but I gave in and decided to repair largely my old Super Famicom library and add a few on the side too.  So that along with finally the Analogue Mega SG coming in the mail today is what I mentioned was inbound.  Only 1/2 the SFC stuff is here, have a 5 game bundle from Japan still, another 4 from a US seller and another 1 that might be here tomorrow if I don't add a few more if the price is right.  And those 2 NP issues aren't in excellent shape, but are intact, didn't cost much thankfully and puts me with just 1 missing issue between 1-74...I need 75 😕

The SFC games: Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon R, Hudson Caravan Shooting Collection, SDF Macross, Fist of the Northstar 6, Godzilla(SF2-ish fighter), Mario & Wario, Mario Super Picross, Zenki(solid platformer from later years), Kunio--Super Dodgeball, and the last is a boot that slipped by going back to be properly replaced of DBZ Super Butoden 2.

Those 2 multicarts in the center, my first two aliexpress orders now that I see they do paypal.  That FC one has some really great variety both for quality but also the heavy hitters from US and Japan too(english translated largely too.)  The other is as much so for Genesis/MD with some insane titles on there, the menu is oddly kind of beautiful and well done, very nicely built both for games and parts(both.)  They'll be well loved as squatters in my FC Mobile 88/Nomad respectively.

The rest is all local.  All 4 at the top (Genesis) are CIB, Monopoly and Arcade Classics were $2/ea, paid $65 for Viewpoint and Galaxy Force II.  The Rovin book, $4, always wanted to find that on my own w/out using ebay so that was rewarding seeing the orange spine on the shelf and the writing is far better than the earlier NES ones.  Thursday is when that popped up in the afternoon, later at the other half price I dropped around $40 for the memory card (I used my stickers I kept all these years from my other 251), Jaws(yay it's fun, you know it), and Yoshi's Story.

Part 2 to come, I have a few more ali goodies, 1/4 so far shipped, and more SFC titles too, beyond that, we will see.

apr10-15.JPG

• Like 12

superjoyiiipic1.jpg.8bad135a7c48dea14a976f596c04e31a.jpg

superjoyiiipic2.jpg.7a1cb55268d265e0a07e96484186a609.jpg

superjoyiiipic3.jpg.c03034065523ff2a11c4ae09f1b07d44.jpg

superjoyiiipic4.jpg.0272ff8b78100295ee776f966c03ca4e.jpg

No, that's not an N64 Controller. That's the Super Joy III, a weird bootleg plug and play system. It contains 60 or so Famicom games built-in, and several repeats. It also has a slot for Famicom cartridges. The games, for the most part, are the usual early Famicom/NES games included in several multicarts (Super Mario Bros., Pac-Man, etc.), though Super C is also included. The sound emulation is pretty bad on this thing. Super Mario Bros. has higher-pitched audio and has faster music (did they use the European version?), and many of the sound effects in these games sound different. The music on the game selection menu is beepy and kind of annoying. The button layout is confusing. The Control Stick does nothing, and is just...there. I remember reading about the Super Joy III on an NES site called NES Player in the early/mid 2000's (http://web.archive.org/web/20051110035244/http://www.nesplayer.com/pirates/superjoyiii.htm), though there seem to have been several different versions of it released. Anyway, this was a local purchase (believe it or not) and cost $15 Canadian.

koolkidzpic1.jpg.92be35d2a88e5b344095fd92aad2645f.jpg

koolkidzpic8.jpg.64deabc3438a7cb5accccab782c9da50.jpg

koolkidzpic2.jpg.a81517ed42373c69ebf626918ce338b7.jpg

koolkidzpic3.jpg.ad62633bdd1e08d86dd44434e8742394.jpg

koolkidzpic4.jpg.24a434a432f390f538c3e6a4fa10a451.jpg

koolkidzpic5.jpg.1e0d7d191606e392ee25e1b6848ef753.jpg

koolkidzpic6.jpg.6fb4c0765eaa134ab8f893f8e29574f7.jpg

koolkidzpic7.jpg.c6124281af047b1db9b4cedfd3ebaa2d.jpg

Another local purchase, and from the same seller that I bought the Super Joy III from. Even though it's a different color, I thought it was the second Controller for the Super Joy III. It looks similar, and there's also the fact that the seller showed a picture of it with the Super Joy III in his listing. Turns out it is a different plug and play system called the Kool Kidz. I got this one for free; the seller just gave it to me. It contains 15 games that are rip-offs of NES and Arcade games. Big Racing is a rip-off of R.C. Pro Am and Micro Machines, with sound effects from the former and the overhead view from the latter. Balloon Boy 2 is a rip-off of Balloon Fight. There is a game called Space Castle that is a rip-off of Space Invaders and uses sound effects from Gradius. And so on.

Also, while it kind of resembles a Sega Genesis Controller, the colors make it look a bit like the GameCube's Controller. It appears to have been released in the early 2000's, so it's possible they were thinking of the GameCube's Controller.

devilmaycry2pic1.jpg.59fe8e304b5039d331d0247927f205c4.jpg

devilmaycry2pic2.jpg.0795cc32e25f461bbee7b02bf76e0210.jpg

devilmaycry2pic3.jpg.434d102ddef454f2d58a8d914c6521ec.jpg

Found Devil May Cry 2 at a thrift store for $5 (Canadian).

sonic2moviemcdonaldstoy.jpg.babf494d7ea70dd87358915f363e1945.jpg

Went to McDonald's and bought another Sonic 2 movie toy. This time I got Sonic.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Getting into TG16 since it’s the only retro console I have here currently since I moved everything. I do have a JVC X eye on the way that won’t read on the CD side so I already got a new laser for that project. Picked up these from my local game store that’s near my job. It was my last day at that job so it’s probably the last time I’ll go to that game store.

image.jpg

• Like 11

This is a nice day for classic fun in the mail and local too.  I had a trade/mail package come in with 3 fun classic Famicom games, and I'm happy to have recovered Armadillo, Goonies is a multicart gem and Goemon is goemon.  The stuff above goemon, empty shells for use as replacements.

I went to this one shop that's over a 30min drive away as there is nothing but way indirect routes in town, known the old owner for over a decade so I only go a few times a year when time allows.  He did a nice solid on that Genesis stuff, got it all for $70, sadly it appears LHX is dead, dead enough to lock up both my Nomad and Mega Sg which is nuts.

Any idea what would cause a Genesis game to lock up on a black screen just after boot???  I really wanted to play LHX. 😞

Very happy either way, that white cart looks fun but it's hard.  Mega Bomberman is a gem, missed that PCE game (Bomberman94) so that's a solid return, and Rastan is solid as is Sonic Spinball too (screw the haters it's fun.) 😛

genlocal-fcmail.thumb.JPG.6c14077dd6b71090a2f7f8433816c872.JPG

• Like 7

cobratrianglepic1.jpg.43a43dd23675ed6d17f2ca4c54716862.jpg

cobratrianglepic2.jpg.b4b5afaf157a58eea576c0564ad30859.jpg

Went to a Pawn Shop and found a few containers full of NES games. Nothing too exciting; there were several copies of Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, a Game Genie, etc. I saw River City Ransom and The Simpsons Bartman Meets Radioactive Man. Neither were in good condition, and both cost $50 (Canadian). So I kept looking, and found Cobra Triangle. It was $15. A bit steep, but at least it is in better condition than those copies of River City Ransom and Bartman Meets Radioactive Man. I decided to buy it. It works.

ikariwarriorsmanualpic.jpg.247f8558bcbc962ca953b17e163d29ec.jpg

A friend gave me this Ikari Warriors manual. The cover is a little beat up, but the pages are intact and in good condition.

sonic2movieknucklestoypic.jpg.caf71b2404b69a17f90b4a0a6de00c2f.jpg

Went back to McDonald's and got another Sonic 2 movie toy. Here's Knuckles.

mcdonaldssonic2movietoysign.jpg.703606712d7e54aca4b87bc9abaca10f.jpg

While at McDonald's, I took a picture of their Sonic 2 toy sign that's in the parking lot.

rocketleaguecuppic1.jpg.d09c70b737a507b36cc81391881cc6f6.jpg

rocketleaguecuppic2.jpg.2b8399ac0e973a2abeba22440f0e56c0.jpg

It's been almost two years since I last bought a Slurpee, so I decided to go to 7 Eleven. They had some Rocket League cups. I wasn't impressed with their selection of flavors. I was hoping they had grape and blue raspberry, but instead I saw blue vanilla, cream soda, Pepsi, etc. I got orange pineapple, and some green stuff they call Frog Water or something. They were all right. I used to buy Slurpee's a lot in the 2000's, and I kind of missed them. Sadly they aren't healthy, but I don't mind buying them once in a while.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 6

New addition to the family came today! I had to clean it up a bit as the Genesis side had some kind of crud on the motherboard that came off with some IPA. Sega CD side wasn’t reading discs which was listed on eBay. Got a new laser assembly for it which included the tray and motors but when I put it in the disk spinning made some horrific noises like the assembly wasn’t sized perfectly. I ended up just taking the new laser and placing it on the old assembly and re-lubing it and it all works silently now. The Genesis side wasn’t working initially but after said clean up both sides are working great. 

image.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow! 2

Some more GC pickups

image.jpeg.491ad9791880434c38ee5fd5bd74d8d8.jpeg

Also grabbed some cheap N64 games. Got a good pickup on Shiren the Wanderer for $20.

2.JPG.9753624441e2ade0bfa0b2698268ec88.JPG

Lastly, and this isn't video game related but I thought I would share. I got some Goosebumps books, the covers look amazing and way creepier than the English version. They only released 10 of the books in Japan.

IMG_4205.JPG.662430fc4add94a81faae0f498f971a7.JPG

• Like 9
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 3

I just got a copy of this in today:

I don't have a PS3 PAL console and am meh on the plush.  But I really wanted the English edition of the magic journal to go with my switch copy of the game.  I already had a Japanese version of the journal - both are very handsomely bound and printed.

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Tabonga said:

I just got a copy of this in today:

I don't have a PS3 PAL console and am meh on the plush.  But I really wanted the English edition of the magic journal to go with my switch copy of the game.  I already had a Japanese version of the journal - both are very handsomely bound and printed.

Almost all PS3 games are region free….

• Thanks 1

Ahh nice Silent Scope, don't see that often on either side of the pond.  For what it is it was done very well given you don't get to use a light gun (or stylus if it were on DS) which is kind of surprising.

On thursday I did a weekly check of a store/two when my kid has her long day at sports thing I can't stay at the whole time, got lucky.  Dropped $15 got World of Illusion for Genesis, another store then for $10/ea got Metropolis(Tezuka) bluray and Ecco the Dolphin.  My genesis library is steadily growing largely from local luck, but I think until more pushes up from the wild I've cleaned out the usual spaces for now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oooh sweet an old PlayCo sticker, haven't seen one of those since they went bankrupt out in California back in the mid 1990s.  I remember when they started folding up stores all over, I took advantage of the video game price cut sales.  Why buy FF3 for $60 (or $70-80 at that store) due to their nerdy square tax, when you can get it for like $40-45. 😄  I waited for those signs to go up.

And yes PlayCo @Justin they did that with their stickers.  I think it was both for immediate accounting, but also because they did run second tier stores in early outlet strip malls (like KayBee did too) to take their old stock and slice a good chunk off the cost to get rid of it.  That is a game that was bought when it came out as the release date on wikipedia shows Sept 9th, 1994 (your sticker is the 8th) which means they priced it likely after closing and put it out that evening to be ready when the doors opened the next.  Also note the price, it didn't retail for it.  A large reason why they and KayBee failed was they'd charge like $10-20 MORE than big box stores did, like it was something special where you get to pay more buying it from a toy specialty store.  I never bought from them outside of sales or usually their outlet/clearance areas as a kid on a budget isn't going to waste the price or most the price of a new gameboy game on inflated prices. 🙂

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 1

Various pickups from the past few weeks

wFtl1GA.jpg

Various Switch games including this CE from LRG and some pickups from the GameStop B2G1 sales

1a9WkSc.jpg

7cuRhZi.jpg

2XeKJWM.jpg

Some old DVDs and toys that my mom found while cleaning out her house. The Mario Kart Super Circuit toy is one I had been wondering about, I was certain I had it when I was a kid but couldn't find it. Glad to finally have it back!

7sgDyZU.jpg

Pac Man Party variant with the rubber bands still included. I only bought this because I have one sealed and had no evidence of what the bands actually look like, and rather than open my sealed copy, I had to go and find a CIB

nLRxdpI.jpg

Got all these in a trade, along with Jam Sessions for DS not pictured. 

9L1AR9e.jpg

Another variant of De Blob. 

IVHnwJU.jpg

And a few Wii U pickups including the GameStop variant of Rayman Legends. With this pickup I am now only 5 titles away from the full NA Wii U set!

• Like 9