IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Hey got one, it's non-gaming, but still worth it I think considering the crap I had to go through to rig up a fix at least.

1990 (Techno) Zoids figure from TOMY.  It's the Storm Tiger (US name) / Battle Cougar(JP) fairly unique toy for the US as it was the only in the line outside of Japan to get a grade-up weapon, the gu-01 dual beam cannon.

The toy is battery operated on 1 AA battery, I saw it when I grabbed it for $10 figuring at worst it's a statue as that battery had blown, white/yellowy crust all over the negative pole area and ate the connector clean through on the fold with blue crust.

Took a few hours to clean up the mess and repair it enough.  Vinegar on the plastics and metal with rot until it chewed it off entirely then cleaned with alcohol.  Keep in mind this is a kit with every individual piece outside of the motor itself and had to strip every part down to get in there.  I reassembled just enough to test the box alone bypassing the rot to find a good motor.  Long story short, flux paste, soldering iron, an hour or two worth of attempts and then re-tries to get the angle needed, and I was able to create a solder bridge that worked.  It lives! 😄

Not a piece is missing which is shocking given the tiny rubber caps in places, and even smaller cockpit and little gold pilot inside that easily fall out.  Whoever had this, rot aside, they cared not to lose things.

NFS, but what I could find, $25 gets a broken one with missing parts but presentable enough, working is another matter and complete, so that's a score. 😄

TZ-StormTiger.JPG

This site doesn't like movies, so here's a MP4 (5sec) in action:
http://tanooki.byethost8.com/avatars/TZ-StormTiger.mp4

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 5
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

879675059_pacmanmuseumpic1.jpg.d4ab24a04da051ae1be0e8509b7a09b4.jpg

Bought Pac-Man Museum + on Switch. I was thinking about importing the Japanese version, since I was unsure if a physical copy would be released outside of Japan. Turns out, a physical release is available in the U.S. and Canada as well. I have to say, I'm impressed with the game selection. It is not quite perfect; they were unable to include Ms. Pac-Man unfortunately. And Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures was left out as well (I have it for my SNES anyway). But I was surprised to see several games included that were left out of the Namco Museum compilations.

image.jpeg.80ba67d754320bb704939a1d83da4861.jpeg

image.jpeg.147a6388243404efd5311da26dea19ae.jpeg

It's nice to be able to play the Arcade version of Pac-Land on a Nintendo system. For decades, the only Nintendo version of the game was the Famicom version (which I've had in my collection for quite a few years). Which is a decent translation, but is missing several levels and the levels that are included are shorter than the Arcade version. A port of the Arcade version was included in Namco Museum Vol. 4 for PS1, but the music in that version was recreated with the PS1's sound chip instead of emulating the arcade versions audio. Pac-Land was left out of the Namco Museum collections for N64, Dreamcast, PS2, GameCube, Xbox, and Wii, as well as the Pac-Man World games. Just when it seemed like the Arcade version was finally going to be released on a Nintendo system in 2014, Namco cancelled the Wii U version of Pac-Man Museum. Fortunately, the game is available on the Switch with the original Arcade audio intact. Like the Arcade Archives version, Pac-Land in Pac-Man Museum + appears to be based on the Japanese version rather than the American version (which was based heavily on the '80s Pac-Man cartoon). Also like the Arcade Archives version, Ms. Pac-Man and Pac-Baby/Baby Pac-Man's appearances were changed.

image.jpeg.4d7f23238555e04ce99485fc0ddaa041.jpeg

I remember reading about Pac & Pal in the early 2000's on a site called The Pac-Page (https://web.archive.org/web/20051201090333/http://www.classicgaming.com/pac-man/). However, I didn't get a chance to play it until recently since it seems to be scarce compared to most other Pac-Man games. It was included in Namco Museum Megamix for Wii, but I've yet to buy that compilation.

image.jpeg.225f0b094e350d594449ba3966778559.jpeg

pacintimemanual.jpg.e1eb93b0f3ab87d2b00a2f112a492b70.jpg

I used to have Pac-in-Time for my SNES in 2004 or so, and still have the manual for it. Interestingly, like Pac-Land, Pac-Man Museum + contains the Japanese version of Pac-in-Time. There's some Japanese text with English subtitles. I'm not sure if the American version is included or not, though I don't really mind the language.

image.jpeg.09b7bb6f384252a545b0453f6cbf932a.jpeg

While Pac-Man Champion Edition 2 is on the Switch, I don't recall the first one ever being released on a Nintendo system. Until now. Looks like they went with the original version, rather than the DX version. Honestly, though, I don't really mind. 

image.jpeg.0cae514d2ee0f599afe65bbf91e8abfe.jpeg

There's a Galaxy Cinemas theater close to where I live that has Pac-Man Battle Royale. I'm going to watch Top Gun: Maverick next week, and was thinking about playing the original Arcade version of Pac-Man Battle Royale for a few minutes before watching the movie.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 6

58 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

While Pac-Man Champion Edition 2 is on the Switch, I don't recall the first one ever being released on a Nintendo system. Until now. Looks like they went with the original version, rather than the DX version. Honestly, though, I don't really mind. 

Pac Man Championship Edition is on Pac Man and Galaga Dimensions for 3DS. Which is a must have if you like Pac Man and Galaga. There’s some unique games on there.

Also, NAMCOT Collection (JP exclusive physical but maybe available digitally elsewhere? I have the JP physical print) has a Famicom style remix of Pac Man Championship Edition. Nothing earth shattering but it’s cool!

Unless someone is that hard up to see it, and I could take a picture yet maybe in a couple days, but I got a NES game today, haven't got one since early this year but the deal was too good to ignore.

$20 -- CIB Gauntlet II for NES.  Box isn't the best maybe a 7/10 as it has some issues but it presents nicely, game and manual are in great shape.  Been on the lookout for awhile locally for it so that worked out well.  It would have been 25 but store had a 20% off sale today. 😄

• Like 3

6 hours ago, avatar! said:

Amazing... one day, I too, hope to have a limitless source of income 🙂

Samesies 😉 I made the mistake of estimating what I still need to spend and it's not great, I suspect I'll need to save about 2 years, I was kinda hoping to finish before I hit 40 but that might be tough in this market. 

Some more recent additions!

Pulled a bunch of PS1 games from a recent haul, I might not keep them all but I'm enjoying trying out the various racing games. 

YMXJaRm.jpg

Finally got a loose poochy in a trade so I don't have to open my sealed one. Also got Hatsune Miku Project Mirai Dx in a trade with Tanooki, I already had a sealed one but would rather sell that and keep this. And the GBA game is from a trade with Mr. CIB, been after that one for a long time!

aKNaWkL.jpg

The amiibo, One Step From Eden and Beach Volleyball are all from trades! 

SVJviHB.jpg

That's it for now!

• Like 13

Some good stuff came in today. I like getting the 30th anniversary and gold edition of those games but I would be annoyed if I bought them earlier, I would always be wanting these instead. I get all Cotton games on ps4 but seeing this for the regular price I had to get it. Detective Pikachu is from 2018 and I have still not seen it for a discount so im not willing to wait anymore

IMG_7672.JPG.42e7f6cccb42aae5d4e6231a8ddc7e2c.JPG

• Like 4