IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

9 hours ago, Tanooki said:

NICE job, welcome to the world of ramen and mac n cheese because that's all you probably will be able to afford after buying a game or two for this one.  The slime is most intense with this market of sellers over most other systems.  If you can wrangle it, you must get an everdrive.  Not just for that, but also because largely the best made games never left Japan.

Thanks for the words of wisdom! Any games you recommend on this system?

6 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Thanks for the words of wisdom! Any games you recommend on this system?

Sure I've owned over the decades the system twice, originally a US Duo, later a Core Grafx 2/JP Duo.  Unless you get an everdrive though suggesting US titles isn't that hard.  I will warn you, price won't be factored into this, and some are sickeningly bad, such as my first suggestion of Bonk 3. 🙂  CDs are excluded.

Bomberman 93 (and Bomberman), the other 2 Bonk games and it's techy spinoff Air Zonk, Legend of Hero Tonma, Shockman, Time Cruise and the better known pinball duo of Alien Crush and Devils Crush, New Adventure Island, Soldier Blade, Jackie Chan(better than NES release), Neutopia 1 and 2(think Zelda 1), Cadash, Raiden, Turrican, Parasol Stars, Silent Debuggers, Super Star Soldier, RType1+2(they cut the game in 1/2), Dragons Curse, Legendary Axe 1+2, Ninja Spirit, Military Madness(aka Nectaris), Splatterhouse, Space Harrier, Final Lap Twin, Chew Man Fu, Klax, Dragon Spirit, Fantasy Zone, Galaga 90, Monster Lair, Side Arms, Blazing Lazers, Dungeon Explorer, Vigilante, and even the pack-in Keith Courage is fine.  I know i didn't list a few, but these are a decent start and variety all card games.  Cheapest one maybe $20-30 a lot of these get into the upper sub-100 and into the 100s easy and depending how much abuse you can handle card vs complete changes things a good bit from bad to argh.

• Love 1

My pickups from the past couple weeks. Mostly just current gen stuff. 

Qto2Z4f.jpg

7sAmWbd.jpg

48Z9vkA.jpg

7oIYlvX.jpg

I wasn't going to buy the Pac-Man Tamagotchi because I'm really trying to break my addiction (of buying Pac-Man stuff) but it was on sale and I needed something to add to my GameStop order to get free shipping. 

8rlHrCO.jpg

I'm not in love with these N64 keychains from My Nintendo because I'm pretty sure these are a substitute for the N64 posters that were released in other regions. I love those posters and these keychains are a poor consolation prize for us yankees. 

• Like 12

This weeks NANDS making the owned count to 777 of 1775 +/- a few. Is that a luck number.

Upgraded my Flower, Rain Sun so anyone needs a cib one let me know.  Also looking for a case and book for MY WORLD MY WAY.  start playing this and it see ok.  no crazy controls and easy to pass through all the reading so ill work on this one for the time. 

20220401_171725.jpg.73472aa9fe3c5945cbc321716068ff3e.jpg20220401_171648.jpg.7d2e765d5b090249cfae23bf0d03f3ac.jpg

Add a new Home Brew from First Press's POWA 

20220225_174320.jpg.da4d124c2e1ad5af71de9fd8be83231d.jpg

and then for the gameboy a double label ESP carts Pinocchio and KI  both are with the security sticker under the main label.  this make them #2 and #3 ESP Double labels in the world collection just 1800 left (out of 3500+) for world gameboy set.  20220322_151641_001.jpg.75ac4c98651a560e07aa599fbd6020f1.jpg

• Like 11

I don't think it's really picture worthy, you decide.

I think I may have mentioned on Tuesday but I found Sonic Adventure 2 for GC in excellent shape for $40, not a big deal but nice.  Then Thursday I had a bit more luck found COD Finest Hour for $6 along with for about the same the Mario Sunshine official guide, earlier in the day $10 got me the Pokemon Platinum complete guide with the poster/map insert still attached.  Not bad adding 2 guides and 2 GC games.

Half price books if anyone cares Apr 1-3 is running a 50% off blu ray+dvd sale.  I grabbed GATE (blu ray) reduced to 25 which is quite good, and Nadesico the motion picture(dvd) cut down to just 4 (yes they're both anime.)

• Like 3

I went to HBP again, but the other farther out due to the sale.  I had a few dumpy things to drop and got over $40 in credit so I got some freebies today. 😄  The 50% off made it worthy to bother.

Picked up the Final Fantasy Unlimited set for $15 and also a blu ray movie which the story looked too good to pass up called Colorful the Movie, but given the content that'll wait for kiddo to be in bed. 😉

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted
On 3/26/2022 at 8:02 AM, Hammerfestus said:

EECA35ED-F188-4446-A054-DCE44966C2E8.jpeg.ab4d681fb922fef9e82dfb79d6d8421a.jpeg

Some recent pick ups.  Ninja Gaiden II is a condition upgrade.  One more PSX Long Box down.  3 more to go.  

Bomberman is probably may favorite box-art on the NES.
Looks like it came straight out of a comic book.

-CasualCart

On 3/27/2022 at 6:39 AM, Galdius said:

Managed to get a nice lot from a local collector that decided to sell his entire collection.

Japanese Mega Drive games:
NzH1443h.jpg

PC Engine games:
XSWCvZCh.jpg

CIB SNES games:
DEDlCNKh.jpg

CIB Super Famicom games:
WXuo8mWh.jpg

You've got me drooling over all those space-shooters, dude...

-CasualCart

• Like 3

@Dorkoverlord Wow man... TMNT box I'd buy that too despite not using the floppies and Chex Quest plus  Wai Wai World, and Mcdonaldland famicom nice.  That's impressive.

I got to ask a few people here since this is heavily read here, Mega Drive exclusive suggestions that won't break the bank as loose carts.  When my Nomad is returned to me in the week I got a few free upgraded perks as a nicety...region mod to JP was one, segacd+sms as well. 😄  Thankfully have a mega sg so that's covered but the really good stuff I still like to own.

Today I decided to do an afternoon(first time for this) run to the flea market south of here, it should be probably my last, or last for a good stretch.  *Sigh* the owners decided to murder it with greed.  two years ago from a buy out they raised the rents in/out 40%, in this part of the year raised it twice more.  What was 1/3 empty is now over 1/2 empty, some who stayed have closed their multi-spread shops to singles and minimizing -- that place is dying fast.  I decided to scour the indoor one potential last time.... got fairly lucky.

I got Atomic Runner at one space I've known forever for $30.  Another the dude is largely grossly overpriced, but in the rear found a box of sleeves/jackets ... 50 cents each unbranded, $1 each otherwise.  Score on the 10 black NES sleeves and 4 SNES(I needed 2 now.)  Then the manuals were hefty, but got them talked down about 1/2 because he said no one was buying them...and what was $50 got down to $30 for Crue Ball CIB(cart is spotless, manual intact).  It wasn't a cheap day $100 between the two, but I'm happy with the outcome given what the stuff really books at (and what clowns charge for old sleeves now.)

nes-gen.JPG

• Like 6

kirbyswitch.jpg.c3fc1f53762e8fa4f7ae3084a48be372.jpg

image.jpeg.162504844dd34466f5865b7d6bbcc960.jpeg

Bought Kirby and the Forgotten Land. I played and beat the demo version last month. I've been playing Super Kirby Clash for almost two years, have currently leveled up to 99, memorized most of the boss patterns, and have put almost 400 hours into it. I still think it is a fun game, but I think this is a good time to take a break and play a new Kirby game so I'm glad I bought this close to its release date.

jobtheleprechaunpic.jpg.a6c8aedb0081247afe9f5a1c4d503450.jpg

Downloaded Job the Leprechaun on Steam. I didn't get a chance to participate in the St. Patrick's Day VGS contest, but whatever. I really like platform games and this one was on sale.

starcraftpic1.jpg.b4eec7112f72d7168cce676a292d349b.jpg

starcraftpic2.jpg.78c2099e2ee4fa80329991599b6f8d12.jpg

I was looking around a thrift store. There game selection wasn't very impressive (mostly sports games, of course), but I found StarCraft for $5 ICanadian). Not surprisingly, the case is a bit scratched but the manual and disc appear to be in good shape overall.

2020 picture:

zeldammmswusan64.jpg.ad7b3786071ba6f0061

2022 picture: 

mickeysspeedwayusapic.jpg.e2072b6ed7ccab25717cf5a669989af0.jpg

In 2020, I got loose copies of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Collector's Edition copy) and Mickey's Speedway USA from a friend. Recently, I came across a nearby seller that was selling some manuals. He happened to be selling a Mickey's Speedway USA manual, so I bought it. Now I just need the box (and maybe the inserts).

marioismissingmap.jpg.6c9afd6880b19103b703c246bdbe8ab3.jpg

The same seller was also selling this Mario is Missing map. Unfortunately there's writing on it (there are some questions on the back that were answered on the front here), but is otherwise in good condition.

tailstoy.jpg.ac9e5d2a14828b47113881e063faa932.jpg

Visited McDonald's and noticed they had some Sonic the Hedgehog 2 movie toys. I was going to buy the whole set, but they told me they only had this Tails toy. Fine by me; Tails is my favorite Sonic character (along with Shadow).

sonicmaniadlcpic.jpg.cc79ec8b00c6479b780578120b701d0d.jpg

sonicmaniamenupic.jpg.90705a1311bf2869a27ae2ba0b01c29f.jpg

In February, I bought the regular version of Sonic Mania as part of the Sonic Mania and Team Sonic Racing 2 in 1 pack rather than Sonic Mania Plus. So I bought the Sonic Mania Encore DLC. Now I have the content that was added to the Plus version: I have access to Encore Mode, I can play as Mighty the Armadillo and Ray the Flying Squirrel, and am able to play the Competition Mode with up to four players if I want to.

tomclancyssplintercellbook.jpg.43331e2b0010302b86dbeb59ff9daa9e.jpg

Big fan of the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell series. I have all the Splinter Cell games released for GameCube, and have beaten all four of them. I also have Splinter Cell: Conviction for PC, and am going to play through that game as well. As a fan of the series, I've been wanting to buy this book for quite a few years. I tried to buy a copy a few years ago, but the seller didn't sell it to me and gave me a refund. I finally got around to buying it last month and just received it.

kpaxandsimpsonsmovies.jpg.da4df0e0c6363d8669963fc860948891.jpg

Bought K-Pax and The Simpsons Movie on DVD. I think I watched K-Pax in a Theater and also watched it on TV, but I haven't watched The Simpsons Movie yet (remember seeing clips of it, though).

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 9

Nice spread there and smart move on the manual I do that often as I can @MegaMan52 and agreed I really like Tails more too, and we got the same toy yesterday for dinner after my kid was done with her activities... she doesn't know or care about Sonic so it's so far on the front seat in my car in the bag.

• Like 1

This was a while, but since I've been MIA on this site, here it is. Thought I'd never get this since it has gone up so much, but was able to get it much lower than market value (it is factory sealed) Crazy fact though, this almost got lost, because it was delivered to the wrong address. Thankfully, the person returned it and it got delivered to me. I had a panic attack probably for that one whole day lol.

zx8lAZn.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2

It was unintentional and yet somehow I find myself very slowly working towards the long box variant set.  Probably will never finish as I find it hard to imagine a scenario where I pick up the King‘s Field variants but who knows.  Got these two in a lot. The Gradius is IB and the Ninja Gaiden is CB.  Fantastic deals on both.  

F3EAEF26-4279-4267-BBFF-78133F8A7CEF.thumb.jpeg.0a41748c46887bceb07b230855061dcb.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

It was unintentional and yet somehow I find myself very slowly working towards the long box variant set.  Probably will never finish as I find it hard to imagine a scenario where I pick up the King‘s Field variants but who knows.  Got these two in a lot. The Gradius is IB and the Ninja Gaiden is CB.  Fantastic deals on both.  

F3EAEF26-4279-4267-BBFF-78133F8A7CEF.thumb.jpeg.0a41748c46887bceb07b230855061dcb.jpeg

Destruction derby was a fave back in the day

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I can't remember where I posted it but I posted this Zelda 3 in 1 Sticker a while back.  Turns out I have the Mario 3 in 1 Sticker as well.  I remember getting these out of a cereal box in either the late 80's or early 90's but I have no memory of which cereal it was.  I'm nearly certain though, that it was not Nintendo cereal as that came with a lot of prizes and I haven't found a single pic online of it coming with these stickers.

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 4.48.18 PM.png

• Like 8

Got some common/uncommon games from the local game store. Trying to hit each one a few more times before we head out in the summer. I was able to talk down Ardy Lightfoot from $139, which according to eBay right now was a great price, to $125 which is awesome. I do spend a lot of money at this game store and they know me. Ardy was in rough shape but I shined it up pretty good. 

image.jpg

• Like 11

@a3quit4s NIce one, and that Ardy label you can get it flat again.  Razor and glue stick, then hold it for at least a few minutes hard with your thumb to get a solid stick.  It won't be perfect but it won't allow more curl either.

Of those there, it makes me wish I never got rid of the Mickey game, that one is fantastic, at least I kept my original one (I got #2 later second hand.)  I should track that down again.  And P(sh)it Fighter?  Masochist.

Today I sold off my pinball gba game, on the way back my kind of friends shop was open.  I found he had Blades of Steel which I was looking for and also MechWarrior for SNES too(fantastic port of DOS game.)  I got both for $16 so I was pleased.   Last night I had a gift card, walked away from a Walmart $5 out of pocket on Mega Man 11 for Switch!

When I got home today, found the LRG NGPC COllection #1 Classic Edition that had the book I was wanting to read nearly a year now so that's a nice bonus along with my first aliexpress package, a fun Famicome pirate cart the Ultimate Famicom Remix 1+2 which has some pretty heavy titles, and some others from the heavy side overseas translated into english which was a nice surprise too.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 4

This weeks GW and a few EB pickups.  the Solatorobo: Red the Hunter was a upgrade from cart only to cib ebay find.  and the Fossil Fighters Champions was a EB was able to get a good BN price for cib.  GW was nice for some shovelware upgrades and a few new.   the big boxes was a crazy find of mercari and for a crazy low price. 

Adventure Time: Hey Ice King (Collector's Edition) was one that I'm still not sure if its real or a put together item. all i have been able to find on this was a sales flyer but no real data. any help on this would be nice..

Also pickup a NDSI from TWL-001-KOR from gw it was a strange but nice find.

so the count is now at 819 of 1759.  almost halfway there.  a mile stone none the less.  as always looking to get the shovel ware out of the way if you have any you want to get rid of let me know.  i still have FSR available. 20220409_171457.jpg.88dffc7741a818f718abf335f73a5046.jpg20220409_171807.jpg.3f8cdf388ecb10b788066d1e3fdc4f84.jpg

The biggest thing this week was the 800 case for singles DS from Aliexpress was able to do all my carts and have a nice clean organized set up. 

20220409_194920.jpg.ab7d58040a24326b05042df0333e9c44.jpg

• Like 11
  • Wow! 1

December 2021 picture: 

segagenesiscontroller.jpg.edc3f6a96e47f29cd4c3371acd8fd3f3.jpg

February 2022 pictures: 

segagenesismanual.jpg.b81a2a360026dad72d4721d063805fa5.jpg

segagenesisinsertandn64manual.jpg.59d1e1fb2be9746aca04725ac6f1602a.jpg

segagenesisinsert.jpg.3374c4739949d15f6af67a45544265a0.jpg

In December 2021, one of my friends gave me his Sega Master System collection. When he did, he also gave me an official Sega Genesis Controller. A couple months ago, in February, a seller nearby was selling a Sega Genesis manual along with the inserts included with a Genesis in 1995 or so. I told the seller I was interested in taking them. It became clear that I was going to buy a Sega Genesis soon.

This week's pickups: 

segagenesispic.jpg.2cd90c9cfa8b0e7b23a0dba0bd0e4074.jpg

sonic2pic1.jpg.013d89e10a15e0ef0742b4a03aad6acb.jpg

segagenesisacadapter.jpg.5158f412de3030b79ef06db84975b5bc.jpg

sonic2segagenesis.jpg.b39dc81a6501fc5bc9266c24762ebf2f.jpg

sonic2pic2.jpg.1133aa855d60f8829723fd81e3ac166c.jpg

sonic3pic.jpg.f85ec7ada07476da83150617480fd47f.jpg

Recently, I saw a listing from a seller about half an hour away from where I live. He was selling a model 2 Sega Genesis with A/V cable, AC Adapter, a third-party Controller from retro-bit, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and Sonic the Hedgehog 3. I bought it. The seller said in his listing that the console was cleaned and tested. Indeed, the console looks clean and is in pretty good condition. The A/V cable is third-party I believe, but the AC Adapter is first-party and has the Sega logo. Both games work. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 has both the case and manual, while Sonic the Hedgehog 3 just has the case.

I haven't played the Sega Genesis much in the last two decades. I played it a fair bit in the '90s, and the Sonic games were definitely some of my favorite games (and still are). I also watched the Sonic cartoons, had a Sonic t-shirt, and read (and still have) a Sonic Kids Archie comic and a Sonic book called Sonic Xtreme. But I didn't play the Genesis much in the 2000's or 2010's aside from emulation. However, I do have Sonic Mega Collection (which also has Flicky and Ristar) and Sonic Gems Collection (which includes the Vectorman games) for GameCube and NHL 06 for PS2 (includes the Genesis version of NHL '94), so I didn't forget about the Genesis. Now that I have one, I guess I'll buy Mega Man: The Wily Wars someday.

This month might as well be Sonic month for me. In addition to the Tails toy and Sonic Mania DLC shown above and the Sega Genesis and Sonic games shown here, I'm watching the Sonic the Hedgehog 2 movie in the Theater later this week

soniccomicspic.jpg.47619a60c05dfdb21e824edc39e73cea.jpg

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 10