IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Administrator · Posted
On 5/13/2022 at 5:37 PM, goldenpp72 said:

If my list is accurate, Wacky races on NES, Power Instinct and a Soccer game for SNES, I might be missing a few stragglers on modern consoles but I don't keep too close of track on that until they stop getting games really. It's over 250 releases but it's a little tricky to go back to their NES era because they developed games they weren't credited for. The information is difficult to come by but I believe my list is pretty definitive and may even include a couple games they actually didn't make but are speculated to have been involved with in some loose fashion. 

Awesome work!

I'd be interested in your list to compare with mine.  I'm also going after the full Atlus set (except also going after Japan because I'm crazy like that).  I'd imagine there may be some on yours that I don't have, and/or vice versa.  

Nice CIB of Amazing Tater! I just have the cart on that one.  I'm assuming you also have Cosmo Tank for GB, but I know it isn't as valuable / exciting as the other three haha!

I know exactly what you mean - for NES I have the more obvious ones like Wacky Races, Widget, Rockin' Kats, and Golf Grand Slam, but then there are others like Friday the 13th, The Karate Kid, Xexyz, that are believed to have Atlus' involvement, but the documentation isn't great at all.  

I have a bunch of Atlus games worldwide, but I definitely need more than 3 from the NA region.  Cool work there! Seriously would love to see your list and compare.

4 hours ago, spacepup said:

Awesome work!

I'd be interested in your list to compare with mine.  I'm also going after the full Atlus set (except also going after Japan because I'm crazy like that).  I'd imagine there may be some on yours that I don't have, and/or vice versa.  

Nice CIB of Amazing Tater! I just have the cart on that one.  I'm assuming you also have Cosmo Tank for GB, but I know it isn't as valuable / exciting as the other three haha!

I know exactly what you mean - for NES I have the more obvious ones like Wacky Races, Widget, Rockin' Kats, and Golf Grand Slam, but then there are others like Friday the 13th, The Karate Kid, Xexyz, that are believed to have Atlus' involvement, but the documentation isn't great at all.  

I have a bunch of Atlus games worldwide, but I definitely need more than 3 from the NA region.  Cool work there! Seriously would love to see your list and compare.

Sure I'll hit you up with a link to my sheet, if nothing else maybe we can exchange notes and see if we missed anything, there is a bit of stuff I'm not 100 percent on anyways so maybe?

I got one I'd consider drool worthy of a post. 🙂  It comes in three parts but in one image (supporting before and after on the expensive SNES and 2 Genesis games in the VGS restoration shop though.)

#1 Super Adventure Island 2, usually retails around 110 online, I got it for 80 shipped because it was mucked up on both sides with rental stickers and sharpie, did some work on that one during my break working and got that nice.

#2 Everything in the image but Ranger X and Fester, those are trades from sdamike...both sent some goodies either way, his arrived early.  It's been good, work with him if you want to trade, he's good for it.  Super chill, helpful, takes care of things better than just right.

#3 Ranger X and Fester, was tipped off at a b'day kids party my daughter was at on the weekend by that kids dad of a near by shop I knew of that moved, but added now vintage toys and games (damn they had insane stuff, including a CIB box of EVO but $700 was gut punching.  But I did grab Ranger X ($30) and Fester's Quest** with manual ($100 which is like 25-33% less than ebay before shipping, so yay.  They also pay 50% plus on trade ins, I may take some stuff I'm having a headache moving on here/locally so I can score more goodies as I saw megaman soccer. 😉

Like my clean up job on SAI2, PS4, and RX?

** And yes I'm aware most think Fester sucks, I got it along with TMNT back in the day from my uncle for Christmas one year, I never hated it, never loved it, but I loved the old tv show and put the work in and finished it it's good, more good than bad, not crap, so I grabbed it.

may16finds-trades.JPG

• Like 5

3 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Fester’s Quest was one of the first games I ever had. I played that so much even though I could never get past the first level. I detest that game for being so difficult but I still like the concept, a walking shmup! And the art is amazing.

The issue with it isn't that it's hard, it's pacing, if you treat it like you said, a walking shmup -- you're dead.  The game is more methodical, rush it, you're fast to die.  That took me awhile as a kid to get, but with the partial maps, manual...I kicked that games ass a few times back in the 80s.  I've played worse, but it's not easy.

• Like 1

@mimi85 NIce one, I missed out on that genesis game, buying now I think looked toxic but I didn't have the hardware until just after.  Chrono Cross arrived recently from playasia here, can't wait to make time for that one been curious for a long time about it.  What's that top one with the Japanese writing?

I've been studying Japanese now for about a year and a half and I'm always looking for fun reading material. I've been looking for some older Famitsu magazines on Ebay, but sellers typically want $20+ per issue, which isn't horrible but wasn't in too much of a hurry. Found someone in Canada who listed these 5 for $5 + $20 shipping, which I assumed was a scam, but I tried anyways. Arrived in great condition! They're from 1997 and 1998 so I'm interested to see what all they contain. They're a lot bigger than I was expecting and I'm a slow reader still so these should last me many months. 

image.jpeg.d8798d3dd2dd2935c84355995135ad52.jpeg 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

@mimi85 NIce one, I missed out on that genesis game, buying now I think looked toxic but I didn't have the hardware until just after.  Chrono Cross arrived recently from playasia here, can't wait to make time for that one been curious for a long time about it.  What's that top one with the Japanese writing?

Tasomashi behind the twilight.

I've been taking it pretty easy on the purchases these last few months (can be hard to show restraint when you're close to the end) but despite my focus on PRGE come October, I've decided to knock out some of the cheaper titles in the meantime. With that said, the last 2 months of games from the US box arrived today.

Yz-TeQcbS16l2IcZXIhXkA.jpg.da9d6d9efad94d906248d27e9cc20f19.jpg

I was feeling like playing MGS3 recently, but when I took a look at the shelf, I realized I didn't have Snake Eater on PS2 anymore. Then I remembered that I sold it since I have a new copy of it on 3DS. I decided that I'd rather play this on the tv, so I managed to score a pristine copy from someone the next province over for $40 CAD. I'll likely play this weekend...

Otherwise, I was surprised I could get a new copy of MS: Anthology for $35, which is a swap out for the copy I had on Wii.

In a similar vein as with MGS, I wanted to play some Outrun 2 and RalliSport 2 this past week, to find that I had never bough the one and had traded the other (promptly forgetting to buy it again later). A great racing game and one of the best rally games as far as I'm concerned!

J4QR9CqkQ_W8tjy071d-0w.jpg.dcc1e967cb447ea2daf7415517b9a069.jpg

I swapped out my Japanese copy of Samba De Amigo for an NA copy, and TaleSpin...well, I just really like the Capcom Disney releases and I really like TaleSpin; I recently started re-watching the old series with the kids 😉

0PmwRjBsRaGggmPFnhgcBw.jpg.32386773072017bd8a44efc7cdcbeceb.jpg

And finally, the obligatory Game Boy purchases. I got TTA2 fully complete for super cheap on open auction, and this month's game of the month for Yokoi Kids is Fortified Zone, a game I'd not heard of but that looks fun. I like looking through those old product catalogue posters that come with Konami and Jaleco games, what a trip!

So, that's it for this month. Outside of a few Switch games that should be coming either next week or the week after, the end of June will likely be the next time I have anything gathered at the US box shipped here.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

• Like 9

I have made it a goal to own every US released TMNT game and with the purchase of this I think I’ve finally completed it. The only thing I think I’m missing is a box for the 3rd game boy game. Other than that, everything I have is complete, and I think I have it all. 

CFC890C2-2DAA-4AC8-A907-62F433E76D03.thumb.jpeg.20ed80a95355d45ff5fc5b169a53729b.jpeg

Edited by CodysGameRoom
  • Like 9

37 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

I have made it a goal to own every US released TMNT game and with the purchase of this I think I’ve finally completed it. The only thing I think I’m missing is a box for the 3rd game boy game. Other than that, everything I have is complete, and I think I have it all. 

CFC890C2-2DAA-4AC8-A907-62F433E76D03.thumb.jpeg.20ed80a95355d45ff5fc5b169a53729b.jpeg

That is seriously awesome cover art

• Like 1

That reminds me there was a solid TMNT game on PC too which had a pretty nice box as well.  It was TMNT Manhattan MIssions, not sure if the game itself sucks, but the box was nice.  There's also a KOnami euro release of TMNT The Coin Op for DOS 1991 which has a really sweet piece of art that mirrors the cartoon series look not the gritty comic.  That Coin op is the overseas of cody's game.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/tmnt/tmnt3.htm

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Tanooki said:

That reminds me there was a solid TMNT game on PC too which had a pretty nice box as well.  It was TMNT Manhattan MIssions, not sure if the game itself sucks, but the box was nice.  There's also a KOnami euro release of TMNT The Coin Op for DOS 1991 which has a really sweet piece of art that mirrors the cartoon series look not the gritty comic.  That Coin op is the overseas of cody's game.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/tmnt/tmnt3.htm

Both are on my shelf 🙂

FD23B276-E2DC-48A6-9EA1-87D28D1EB227.jpeg.9355ade5bbb9ad65d030fb00d5db4e9d.jpeg

Edited by CodysGameRoom
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Wow are those Gamecube ports on the PC in those black boxes?  I do not remember those at all.

Yes, PC versions of the games that came out for the 2k3 series on PS2, Gamecube, etc. Pretty little known as far as I can tell. I was pretty happy to add them to my collection.

1 hour ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Yes, PC versions of the games that came out for the 2k3 series on PS2, Gamecube, etc. Pretty little known as far as I can tell. I was pretty happy to add them to my collection.

Damn if I knew about it years ago I would too, hate to think the cost now.  I mean in all fairness I know they didn't rate awesome, but both of them had the arcade games hiding within, and that alone is price of admission in my book.  I still hope to see it(GC ver) creep up at some local resale shop but I haven't in a couple years at least.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1