6. 6. Ghouls N Ghosts vs Ecco the Dolphin

• Ghouls N Ghosts
    • Ecco the Dolphin
  7. 7. M.U.S.H.A. vs Shining Force II

8. 8. TMNT Hyperstone Heist vs Thunder Force IV

• TMNT Hyperstone Heist
    • Thunder Force IV

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/2024 at 04:59 AM

2 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

In a world where Turtles in Time exists, Hyper Stone Heist isn't that good.  I said it.

I agree with this, considering how badly they dumbed down the difficulty. Still, it's the perfect game for those times when I want to just turn my brain off and mash the A button for 45 minutes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

In a world where Turtles in Time exists, Hyper Stone Heist isn't that good.  I said it.

This was exactly my reasoning. Turtles in Time is my favorite TMNT game, hands down. Sonic 2 get the nod for me, even though I've played that title to death through the years.

On 3/25/2024 at 4:32 PM, cj_robot said:

I agree with this, considering how badly they dumbed down the difficulty. Still, it's the perfect game for those times when I want to just turn my brain off and mash the A button for 45 minutes.

But Hyperstone Heist is harder than Turtles in Time. That's what makes it worth playing over Turtles in Time.

On 3/26/2024 at 9:48 PM, LHCGreg said:

But Hyperstone Heist is harder than Turtles in Time. That's what makes it worth playing over Turtles in Time.

Whoa, wait, what? I always found Hyperstone Heist WAY easier than Turtles in Time, mainly because the bosses are all super easy, even on the hardest difficulty. Just attack four times, jump out of the way, repeat. The bosses in Turtles in Time usually takes a little bit more strategy than that.

1 hour ago, cj_robot said:

Whoa, wait, what? I always found Hyperstone Heist WAY easier than Turtles in Time, mainly because the bosses are all super easy, even on the hardest difficulty. Just attack four times, jump out of the way, repeat. The bosses in Turtles in Time usually takes a little bit more strategy than that.

That describes bosses in Turtles in Time as well. The only bosses in Turtles in Time that put up a fight are Rat King and Slash.

My thoughts on the two games that I wrote elsewhere in 2022:

Hyperstone Heist 1cc hard with all turtles done. I also played through Turtles in Time again while my Hyperstone Heist memory is fresh to decide which one I like better.

I might have to give the edge to Hyperstone Heist. HH is faster and there's a dash button. The minute to minute gameplay does "hitbox jousting" better, with enemies often hovering outside your reach unless you make an effort to engage them. It has dash mapped to a button despite having fewer controller buttons than the SNES, encouraging you to make extensive use of the dash as part of your core moveset.

That said, they're both good games. TiT feels more cohesive as a game rather than patched together from scraps of other games like HH.

Edited by LHCGreg

On 3/27/2024 at 8:29 PM, CMR said:

The only one I'm losing out on is the first one.  Not a Gunstar fan.

It took me a while to come around to this game; it didn't "click" until about 2015ish. I actually had a CIB copy at one point (during the period I didn't care for the game), and sold it lol. No regrets, I just wish I had a working cart copy these days!

On 3/25/2024 at 6:46 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

In a world where <any good beat'em up> exists, neither Turtles beat'em up is particularly good 😅

Edited by Sumez