IGNORED

WTB: Sega homebrew cartridges

billybob884

ISO Post:
In search of any of the following Sega Genesis/Mega Drive homebrew releases:

▪️ 1985 World Cup (CIB)
▪️ BlowFish by Jredd (may never have been produced?)
▪️ Eternalist: A Telefuture Compilation (may never have been produced?)
▪️ Future 2612 by TH4 D34D (loose)
▪️ Mega Cheril Perils (CIB)
▪️ Mega Mindtris (CIB)
▪️ MegaXmas '89 (any color, loose)
▪️ Miniplanets (CIB)
▪️ Opeth Music Collection by FlosK (loose)
▪️ Tanglewood OST by BigEvilCorp (loose? CIB?)
▪️ YM2017 (original run LED cart) (loose? CIB?)

Thank you!

01_1985-World-Cup.jpg

02_BlowFish-by-Jredd .jpg

03_Eternalist-A-Telefuture-Compilation.jpg

04_Future-2612-by-TH4-D34D.jpg

05_Mega-Cheril-Perils.jpg

06_Mega-Mindtris.jpg

07_MegaXmas-'89.jpg

08_Miniplanets.jpg

09_Opeth-Music-Collection-by-FlosK.jpg

10_Tanglewood-OST-by-BigEvilCorp.jpg

11_YM2017.jpg

Edited by billybob884

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I assumed carts like this existed, but I never searched for them.  It's been a dream of mine (which I doubt I'll ever do cause I have 1,000 dreams like this) to make a special Genesis Homebrew where you have a midi plug-in on the cartridge (or maybe just use a Miracle Piano) and create a Genesis Synth.  I love a lot of chiptunes but there's something about that Yamaha YM2612 that I love.

• Like 2

On 3/22/2024 at 9:47 PM, RH said:

I assumed carts like this existed, but I never searched for them.  It's been a dream of mine (which I doubt I'll ever do cause I have 1,000 dreams like this) to make a special Genesis Homebrew where you have a midi plug-in on the cartridge (or maybe just use a Miracle Piano) and create a Genesis Synth.  I love a lot of chiptunes but there's something about that Yamaha YM2612 that I love.

Do it! I'd buy one.

Moderator · Posted

Good luck in your search!

I recently found the Tanglewood soundtrack cart (with a full Collector’s Edition box), but I left a few feelers out that might still get back to me. If any come back with leads I’ll let you know.

Regarding Eternalist, I’m also looking for this one. I reached out to one of the backers and they said the cart never materialized (at least for them). So I’m trying to find out if these even truly exist beyond their Kickstarter promise.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2024 at 8:45 PM, Scrobins said:

Good luck in your search!

I recently found the Tanglewood soundtrack cart (with a full Collector’s Edition box), but I left a few feelers out that might still get back to me. If any come back with leads I’ll let you know.

Regarding Eternalist, I’m also looking for this one. I reached out to one of the backers and they said the cart never materialized (at least for them). So I’m trying to find out if these even truly exist beyond their Kickstarter promise.

Thank you! Yea they're turning out to be difficult to track down. Interesting about Externalist, would make sense if it never came to fruition, I haven't been able to find any pictures of one.

On 3/22/2024 at 9:47 AM, RH said:

You should go for it! I'd definitely buy one.

33 minutes ago, billybob884 said:

Thank you! Yea they're turning out to be difficult to track down. Interesting about Externalist, would make sense if it never came to fruition, I haven't been able to find any pictures of one.

You should go for it! I'd definitely buy one.

I’m seriously considering this one.  I have acquired a piano-to-Genesis parallel cable and now I’m looking for the right/cheap Miracle Piano that works and at least has a power adapter.

I might start with a NES cart first and then work to the Genesis.  My hope/goal is to basically make a synth so, obviously, people can make music on the fly rather than having to program a tracker to make NES and/or Genesis tunes.  I have a lot to learn, though, but from what I’ve read, it’s nothing I couldn’t do.

• Love 1

• The title was changed to WTB: Sega homebrew cartridges