IGNORED

It's Official! NintendoAge is GONE

trj22487

4 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

I'll do you one better- I'll trade you games for Jokerit stuff!

Woah woah woah, I want Jokerit stuff too.

@Aatos An Eeli Tolvanen jersey to be exact. Or just a brick from Pekka Rinne’s childhood home. You know, nothing too extreme.

Edited by The Strangest
  • Like 1

Wow I'm glad I logged onto NA early today & exported my collection list. I'm still gonna have to re-input it but at least I have the list. I had no clue this was happening today. If I hadn't randomly went through the main threads on there I would have been pissed. I was just hours away from losing all that data. Sad to see the site go. It was an incredible resource to have. I even made 2 or 3 trades through the site which was easier than I though it would be. Glad to find myself here at VGS 🙂

Edited by Phyrexian Hulk
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Phyrexian Hulk said:

Wow I'm glad I logged onto NA early today & exported my collection list. I'm still gonna have to re-input it but at least I have the list. I had no clue this was happening today. If I hadn't randomly went through the main threads on there I would have been pissed. I was just hours away from losing all that data. Sad to see the site go. It was an incredible resource to have. I even made 2 or 3 trades through the site which was easier than I though it would be. Glad to find myself here at VGS 🙂

Heyyyy welcome and thanks for joining😊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OptOut said:

I must say, I am surprised at the SPEED with which NintendoAge was burned into a smoldering pile of ka ka!

The "GoCollect buys NA thread" in collectors' corner was posted on 5/24/19 and today is 10/31...  161 days to grind a 13 year old website into dust, impressive!

Congrats Jeff, Jim, Mike, Tim and ACDubs! Pats on the back, cigars and a job well done boys! 😉

This reminds me of the quote from the drag racing trial of Hulk Hogan's son when John Graziano's father said something like, "Your son was able to do to my son in a minute what Al-Queda and the Iraq War was not able to achieve in years"

• Like 1

Crazy to see NA just wiped off the face of the Earth like that! You would think they would leave the old site up until they had at least a few features in place. The GoCollect site looks terrible and on that evidence I doubt they care at all. At best maybe we'll get access to some of the old databases, etc. Glad I downloaded my collection lists a couple days ago!

All those who had the foresight to make this place, thank you for your efforts 👍

• Like 1

Even though I had zero intentions of ever using NA in any capacity again, I would have much preferred it be successful than turn out the way it did.  It would have been a nice place for the WATA folks to do their thing (there are two threads in "Announcements", one of which is "Show off your WATA Games"), and I just don't want to see it spill over here.  It's the biggest contributing factor to me posting less on the last site, but to each their own I guess.

Supremely grateful for the incredible team of individuals who started this place.  We all saw the writing on the wall, you all acted on it before the community was snapped out of existence.  Congrats on the successful launch and here's to a long and productive future as a community.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

To many posts to read through to see if this has been said, but if they've done this to NA (I honestly didn't think it'd be THIS bad, but they sure blew away my expectations) then what's next for Game Value Now?

I could see it being modified/rebranded/reformed to push numbers that support GoCollect/Heritage Auctions.  I could also see them nixxing the collection manager so... I'll be exporting my data and looking for a new tool. It's a shame.  It was nice seeing values tide to items.  I'll admit, I've done a bit of "investing" so I could leverage value increase with time, for better stuff in the future.  If they kill the collection tracker, that will really, really suck, but I guess I should play it safe and assume that's going to happen anyway.

Man... R.I.P. NintendoAge.  They really did kill you.

• Like 1

The new look is pretty awful.

But this my home now, so I really don't care what goes on over there. 

I do wish them luck, and I hope for those who stick with the new NA that they're happy. 

If not, they can bounce over here and chat with us. 

And I've said it before, but a huge THANK YOU to all the people involved in getting VGS off the ground. Couldn't be happier with how it all turned out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Okay, now it's all totally gone. Thanks guys for making this new site when you did. The GoCollect site is fucking awful.

There is a small chance/argument to be made that the discussions facilitating this site brought about the NA changes.  Well, they might have at least expedited them.

Chicken or egg?

I didn't find out about NA going down until I was watching the World Series last night.  Surprise, surprise, it was worse that I could have guessed.  Got logged in on mobile this morning, can't find any of my PMs.  I did find them on desktop, and it's an awful mess.  I have no idea what the sort order is.  I see some really old PMs first and a PM I got yesterday I couldn't find until like the 4th page.

On the one hand, it's a shameful way for NA to be just vaporized like this.  On the other hand, we now have a much nicer site with all the things we could have ever wanted.  And of course most of the community coming over here is very encouraging too.  I am a little bit sad, but I can't help but think this is a much better outcome in the long run.

• Like 1