IGNORED

It's Official! NintendoAge is GONE

trj22487

31 minutes ago, ALTQQ said:

we could always remake the database.  We all still have collections and scanners etc. Besides a lot of the rarity info wasn't entirely accurate a anyways.

I'd be happy to contribute if this happens. I can start taking photos of carts tomorrow morning if need be.

Edited by Jono1874
  • Like 1

I must say, I am surprised at the SPEED with which NintendoAge was burned into a smoldering pile of ka ka!

The "GoCollect buys NA thread" in collectors' corner was posted on 5/24/19 and today is 10/31...  161 days to grind a 13 year old website into dust, impressive!

Congrats Jeff, Jim, Mike, Tim and ACDubs! Pats on the back, cigars and a job well done boys! 😉

Edited by OptOut
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 1

It was obvious Dain was done with the website and collecting. He never posted anymore and he has kids now so they take up a lot of his time. I get it. But I can't help but feel like he kind of abandoned us. He didn't even say goodbye. Just took the money and ran AFAIK.

Surly there could have been a way to keep NA up as part of the deal?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, austin532 said:

It was obvious Dain was done with the website and collecting. He never posted anymore and he has kids now so they take up a lot of his time. I get it. But I can't help but feel like he kind of abandoned us. He didn't even say goodbye. Just took the money and ran AFAIK.

Surly there could have been a way to keep NA up as part of the deal?

This is the most disappointing of it all. Countless hours from many members to keep the site running and many donations from lots of us to keep the lights on to only sell it, collect the money and run. Not even mentioning it to the mods. 

SMH, shows his moral compass. Fuck you Dain🖕

(needed to vent that) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Wow! 1

16 minutes ago, Bear85 said:

This is the most disappointing of it all. Countless hours from many members to keep the site running and many donations from lots of us to keep the lights on to only sell it, collect the money and run. Not even mentioning it to the mods. 

SMH, shows his moral compass. Fuck you Dain🖕

(needed to vent that) 

I gave money for quiet a while. Never really  saw it that way. I mean how much money was being donated? I think it was kind of expensive to keep up and running. Please correct me if I’m wrong. Anyways, I was waiting for today to decide on if I contribute here or not. Welp, I’m heading over to the store section of VGS right now😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wow, more than a decade there. I had no idea it was just going to be zapped and hastily rolled into GoCollect. I know the sale was the end of an era, but damn I didn’t realize how much of an end of an era it was.

Thanks to all who quickly came together to bring up VGS so smoothly and bring everyone over here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Wow, more than a decade there. I had no idea it was just going to be zapped and hastily rolled into GoCollect. I know the sale was the end of an era, but damn I didn’t realize how much of an end of an era it was.

Thanks to all who quickly came together to bring up VGS so smoothly and bring everyone over here.

How do you like the name of the new forum ? 😜

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, empire said:

How bout them Astrooooos 😂

hinch pulling grienke might be one of the worst managerial decisions ive ever seen. he had only allowed 2 freaking hits. was rolling except one bad pitch to rendon.

Then on top of that you dont pitch gerrit cole who wanted to go in and was available according to hinch,  is now gone. just A+ managing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

What's weird is that NintendoAge still comes up fine on my desktop but it links to the new site on my tablet.

I can still post on my phone but my PC redirects. 

I'm all choked up about it.  Pretty much the worst Halloween ever.  

Just lost contact with NA on my phone at 11:15 MST. RIP

Edited by JamesRobot
Update
  • Sad 3

I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but boy did they ever let me down.  I don't understand.  What was even the point of buying NA in the first place?  I'm glad they archived the old forums, but they basically just started from scratch anyway. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

I can still post on my phone but my PC redirects. 

I'm all choked up about it.  Pretty much the worst Halloween ever.  

I have no idea what you're talking about dude, the formatting and general vibe of the "new NA" on GoCollect chills me to the bone!

Biggest Halloween fright I've had in years, lol!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1