IGNORED

It's Official! NintendoAge is GONE

trj22487

In all seriousness though, THIS was why the new site was created. All signs were pointed towards this happening, and there would have been little to no (probably no) notice given. A forum or a community is not important to GoCollect, they're a business. I think the NA staff and community didn't want to be looked at as a commodity, so a new site had to be made. Now we can carry on without needing to worry about the future as we're in good hands. It is a bit sad that NA had to die the way it did, but that's only a banner we all grew under, and a name means nothing without good people on board to make the community fun and worth coming back to day after day.

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, snk2d4ever said:

He will rejoice.

It's on his latest podcast. He said he's not rejoicing that NA has ended. He liked NA for its information. They said regrouping on a new forum probably wont last though.

And y'all need to stop this BS feud with him that the site has had for years. Part of why it got a bad rep. We're starting over so let's not dredge that up again.

• Like 11

33 minutes ago, Aatos said:

That's a sweet deal, you're on!

❤️ 

❤️  Thank you so much guys! I also noticed there was still a fresh Google cache of my first feedback page from NA, at least was able to capture that to remember all the great people who've helped me along the way. 

Not wanting to dwell on GoCollect too much, but does anyone else find strange there's not a single actual post from any user besides their mod? Panic lockdown to avoid all the WTF happened threads? It must be weird day for your average NA lurker too, wondering what the heck happened.. hope they find their way home.

Awesome! Feel free to reach out if your looking for anything.  Can get it sorted out for you.

BTW, Ian saying that moving to a new forum never works (as in us moving to here)? I've been on two other forum migrations like this. One is still going and the other lasted five years before it collapsed (due to an unforeseen circumstance that probably won't happen here.)

1 minute ago, acromite53 said:

It's on his latest podcast. He said he's not rejoicing that NA has ended. He liked NA for its information. They said regrouping on a new forum probably wont last though.

And y'all need to stop this BS feud with him that the site has had for years. Part of why it got a bad rep. We're starting over so let's not dredge that up again.

Yeah, I think any old feuds need to be left behind. If Pat or any other non-scamming old member comes here, welcome them. 

• Like 9

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Tulpa said:

Yeah, I think any old feuds need to be left behind. If Pat or any other non-scamming old member comes here, welcome them. 

That's the plan.

Harassment isn't going to be tolerated here. We have a Warning system that lets us track quite well the history of a user's infractions, and will be taking negative behavior seriously. Be good to each other, guys. If Pat or literally anyone else comes "back" - open arms. Second chances all around.

But of course it goes both ways - if someone comes "back" and is a dick they'll get banned. Simple.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, trj22487 said:

lol, exactly what using IGN Forums on a Sega Dreamcast in the early 2000s used to look like. But yes, it does work.

Ok cracked the URL format they are using. 
https://connect.gocollect.com/discussion/ [NA Thread ID HERE] 

Here is your Greg Martin Thread Archived. 
https://connect.gocollect.com/discussion/117907/

19 minutes ago, empire said:

In all seriousness though, THIS was why the new site was created. All signs were pointed towards this happening, and there would have been little to no (probably no) notice given. A forum or a community is not important to GoCollect, they're a business. I think the NA staff and community didn't want to be looked at as a commodity, so a new site had to be made. Now we can carry on without needing to worry about the future as we're in good hands. It is a bit sad that NA had to die the way it did, but that's only a banner we all grew under, and a name means nothing without good people on board to make the community fun and worth coming back to day after day.

It is sad to see NA go, especially like this, but luckily this site was made when it was and it looks like almost everyone made it over. This is definitely the cool place to be!

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, broncofantd793 said:

GVN will probably meet the same fate.  Pour some out and press F.

Yeah that's the other really sad part of this whole takeover. I use GVN for collection tracking and have recommended it to a lot of people. It has the best interface. Price charting's interface is garbage for collection tracking. 

23 minutes ago, ap123 said:

Maybe one of the Admin team could reach out to Pat and extend an olive branch? Offer him an interview to explain what's been going on from our perspective, perhaps?

He’s a smart dude, he can figure it out. Or, better yet, he can just show up and chat and make up his own mind. 

I honestly don’t even remember who he was getting in To shit with, but it wasn’t me or the guys that started this site from what I know. So he is more than welcome, and hopefully let bygones be bygones. 

Give us a shout out Pat!

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

BTW, Ian saying that moving to a new forum never works (as in us moving to here)? I've been on two other forum migrations like this. One is still going and the other lasted five years before it collapsed (due to an unforeseen circumstance that probably won't happen here.)

Nothing in this life lasts forever. People change, relationships crumble, jobs end, interests fade, loved ones die. The older I get the more I appreciate "the moment" and enjoy it for what it is. To VGS!

• Like 6