IGNORED

It's Official! NintendoAge is GONE

trj22487

3 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Most of my favorite posters are already regulars over here so I don't care that much what happens to NA. I only hope that the weekly contest archives are saved.

@guillavoie backed up all of the original contest thread archives, so all of the info was saved. I found a link to the main contest archives page if you need it for a quick reference. 

http://74.86.217.179/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=168510

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, acromite53 said:

Yeah that's the other really sad part of this whole takeover. I use GVN for collection tracking and have recommended it to a lot of people. It has the best interface. Price charting's interface is garbage for collection tracking. 

Same here, GVN was immediately my go to app.  PC is just too clunky. GVN is quick for "am I getting ripped off here?" and I used it all the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoleGoose said:

I hear that man. Even that day of sitting on your doorstep for hours (HOURS!), waiting for you and Wiz to get back with those arcades, is something to treasure. Glad you joined.

Yeah. I got a pm through facebook letting me know about this site.

Does anyone know if the backup of NA will include our collections information?  I am hoping it will so I can pull the info instead of having to build it out again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dewisp02 said:

Does anyone know if the backup of NA will include our collections information?  I am hoping it will so I can pull the info instead of having to build it out again. 

Good question. I exported mine to Excel.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dewisp02 said:

Not I, said the Goose. Smarter people may know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aatos said:

Holy crap. I gotta admit, while I saw the frustration of the mod team and all that brewing for a long time, I didn't for a second think it would actually go out like this. Like.. I'm actually quite shocked. I can't imagine why someone would go through the trouble of buying NA then utterly destroying it with the brand and all in such a short time. 

Ugh.. and it seems all my feedback there is gone too? Great, now no-one's gonna dare sending me a single game to Finland anymore.. 

It's crazy how VGS already feels so much more like what NA was at it's best.

I'll do you one better- I'll trade you games for Jokerit stuff!

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

BTW, Ian saying that moving to a new forum never works (as in us moving to here)? I've been on two other forum migrations like this. One is still going and the other lasted five years before it collapsed (due to an unforeseen circumstance that probably won't happen here.)

I really do hope this forum sticks. I think its got pretty good chances. We just need to let the world know we exist here.

As for Nintendoage. It is alive and well right here. That thing that just died wasn't Nintendoage as I knew it and handn't been for awhile.

The information is possibly gone, but the spirit is still alive and well.

• Like 1

Moderator · Posted
Just now, Jono1874 said:

I really do hope this forum sticks. I think its got pretty good chances. We just need to let the world know we exist here.

As for Nintendoage. It is alive and well right here. That thing that just died wasn't Nintendoage as I knew it and handn't been for awhile.

Well said Jono!!!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jono1874 said:

"Asgard's not a place. This could be Asgard."

• Like 3