IGNORED

It's Official! NintendoAge is GONE

trj22487

Video Games Investors Pit...

I find it curious that they chose to call it a “Pit”. Not exactly the most prestigious way of describing a meeting place. Almost sounds kind of derogatory. But GoCollect named it, not the detractors.

Mind games??

Edited by phart010

4 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Video Games Investors Pit...

I find it curious that they chose to call it a “Pit”. Not exactly the most prestigious way of describing a meeting place. Almost sounds kind of derogatory. But GoCollect named it, not the detractors.

Mind games??

Reminds me of this faux pas.

latest?cb=20120205073241

• The title was changed to It's Official! NintendoAge is GONE
9 minutes ago, Phyrexian Hulk said:

The "Investor Pit" as they call it references Wall Street Commodity Tradings Pits, IE the Gold & Silver Pits. That's literally where they trade and make orders for investors to buy.

Ahh. Excuse my ignorance.

In my mind it’s a place where people dump their unwanted trash. 

• Like 2

So I am not making excuses for those guys, but from reading the posts about how they were bringing additional staff on board from the GoCollect staff to help transition the site, make it better, etc., it seemed to me that this task of moderating was something that was just thrown on them as employees in addition to whatever their other tasks were. If it's clear to me that management has other priorities, I probably wouldn't have focused my efforts on making the site better either if I had other tasks that were more important. At least that's how I see it. They still definitely trashed the place, which is unfortunate, but maybe it will be improved upon in the coming weeks, months, years if it isn't forgotten about and abandoned by them completely.

16 minutes ago, Prime2099 said:

So I am not making excuses for those guys, but from reading the posts about how they were bringing additional staff on board from the GoCollect staff to help transition the site, make it better, etc., it seemed to me that this task of moderating was something that was just thrown on them as employees in addition to whatever their other tasks were. If it's clear to me that management has other priorities, I probably wouldn't have focused my efforts on making the site better either if I had other tasks that were more important. At least that's how I see it. They still definitely trashed the place, which is unfortunate, but maybe it will be improved upon in the coming weeks, months, years if it isn't forgotten about and abandoned by them completely.

W.e improvements are made won't make it NA unless it is NA. Unless I type in NintendoAge.com and am greeted by a homepage celebrating gray squares, I don't really care what happens there.  If they abandon the site as it is they wouldn't be abandoning NA. That's already been done. 

Wow, so they took the scorched earth approach.

I hate to say it, but I can’t hold any blame against GoCollect. They’re doing what they think is best for their brand.

But Dain. My god man, wtf. This is a total betrayal on your part. Total sellout.

So with that said, I’d like to question the merit that the “Carolina” collection holds. Dain is still alive and kicking and couldn’t give a rats ass about game collectibles anymore...so why is there a “collection” with his name on it?

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Phyrexian Hulk said:

The "Investor Pit" as they call it references Wall Street Commodity Tradings Pits, IE the Gold & Silver Pits. That's literally where they trade and make orders for investors to buy.

No. I'm pretty sure that Pit refers to "Pit" from Kid Icarus. Remember, these investor guys are big game fans and totally know who that character is. Right?..right? Sealed Kid Icarus is hot hot hot right now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, AirVillain said:

Thank god for the staff here. 

Holy shit, logging onto "NA" for the first time was absolutely brutal.

I mean, I guess it's appropriate it's Halloween because it was a nightmare. 

There truly are no words to describe how big of a letdown it is. 

RIP NA. 

Hey, you have a point. That new site fit the season well, because it gave me the shock of my life signing in to it for the first time.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted

HA! I dunno how I only just now noticed this, I dunno if it's always been there and I'm blind or if it's new, but they literally just slapped on a .png of the NA logo up in the top right corner, as if to say "Yeah guys, this is still the NA you know and love! Right?"

Christ almighty, I'm a pretty easygoing guy and I'm not one to say stuff like this at the drop of a hat, but Jesus Christ that really is just pathetic.

e44d2d53ee8c491e7af8e77f04a3b622.png

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

Wow, so they took the scorched earth approach.

I hate to say it, but I can’t hold any blame against GoCollect. They’re doing what they think is best for their brand.

But Dain. My god man, wtf. This is a total betrayal on your part. Total sellout.

So with that said, I’d like to question the merit that the “Carolina” collection holds. Dain is still alive and kicking and couldn’t give a rats ass about game collectibles anymore...so why is there a “collection” with his name on it?

This has been my take too, while everyone has been flinging flaming torches at GoCollect, if I had any resentment to pass it would be to Dain. 

The way it all went down, the way it was handled, was very middle finger to the community - I feel that if he wanted to sell NA and keep its legacy alive he could have started with the community (as noted, others were offering to buy it from GC). 

Oh well, what's done is done I guess.  I feel bad for those who donated to NA to keep it alive, although I feel worst for all the admins/mods that put all their time into the site and apparently wasn't even thanked by Dain at the end :(.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

HA! I dunno how I only just now noticed this, I dunno if it's always been there and I'm blind or if it's new, but they literally just slapped on a .png of the NA logo up in the top right corner, as if to say "Yeah guys, this is still the NA you know and love! Right?"

Christ almighty, I'm a pretty easygoing guy and I'm not one to say stuff like this at the drop of a hat, but Jesus Christ that really is just pathetic.

e44d2d53ee8c491e7af8e77f04a3b622.png

Pretty sure that was added within the last 24 hours...

• Like 1