IGNORED

It's Official! NintendoAge is GONE

trj22487

25 minutes ago, TylerBarnes said:

I hope no one goes an posts any troll posts or hate. Would just make this whole place look bad. I hope people can just let them do their own thing unbothered. They are not in a good place as it stands already. 

I totally agree. A few bad apples can spoil the bunch for outsiders looking in at VGS.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
8 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

Mr Landers you do have the SNES  contest Archive saved right? Did you update the records from last year?

I archived the SNES contest as well, let's simply say that after backing up 12 years of weekly contests, 4 years of monthly contest seemed like a walk in the park, so I offered Brock/Reed to do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Wow! 1

Editorials Team · Posted
10 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

Mr Landers you do have the SNES  contest Archive saved right? Did you update the records from last year?

Yeah.  I was gonna post it, but back on day one I didn't have permissions for that forum.  I'll get back to it eventually.  Our good friend @guillavoie did me the favor of backing up the actual monthly threads too

• Like 2

2 hours ago, m308gunner said:

Nothing in this life lasts forever. People change, relationships crumble, jobs end, interests fade, loved ones die. The older I get the more I appreciate "the moment" and enjoy it for what it is. To VGS!

Truth! and if you study astronomy, you find out that life on Earth will eventually ALL die, the Earth and Sun will eventually end, and in fact, there appears to more or less be an expiration date on the Universe... yeah, we don't know for certain about the latter. But, it gives you a perspective. Some people find it unsettling, but as for myself, makes me appreciate being here even more so 🙂

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Was curious.  http://playstationage.com/ is still up.

edit:  looks like segaage too

This had me curious. Someone that goes to nintendoage.com and gets redirected to gocollect should try this:

http://74.86.217.179/forum/latestposts.cfm

I can get there just fine. That's the old DNS record.

• Like 1

I hate to say I told you so (not aimed at anyone directly). I knew this was going to happen as soon as I saw that pud Jeff's post. I started crying about it in Jeff's thread, constructively albeit a bit harsh, and was met with some push back, doubt, and pleas to give this new guy a shot. I didn't want to conform to the optimism for I knew that it was just the beginning of the end. Anyone could see that if they just read between the lines. Although most of us saw it coming, and detached ourselves from NA when the end seemed imminent, there is still no doubt that this is a sad day. 

I called NA home for almost 10 years. It kicked my collecting into high gear. Having a place to gather with like minded people and discuss something you truly love to the core was absolutely magical. There are events in your life that leave markers on your personal timeline. A node to mark a life changing event. NA was one of those nodes for me. When I found it, my life was changed forever. I know this may sound bit over the top but it added more than just a new dimension to my collecting but also inspired me to open a video game store with a lifelong friend. Something I probably never would have dreamed of otherwise. An awesome journey that I enjoyed every step of the way. Feeding off the community helped me be the best owner I could be, do the hobby the best justice I could, and stay ahead of the trends to keep the store at the leading edge of the collecting scene. Although that store is just a memory to me, I sold it a few years back, it will still hold a special place in my heart as will Nintendo Age. 

That being said, my love for the hobby is as strong as it's ever been. This place will mark a new node on my timeline. Video Game Sage, although in its infancy, is comprised of passionate people who will help it grow into the community that NA once was. I can not express my appreciation enough for the work that is being put into this site. Naysayers will say that forums are dying and social media is taking over. I believe this to be far from the truth. Posts on social media are fleeting and hold no substance. Forums are where communities are built, it's where knowledge is stored, meaningful discussions can be had and analyzed, and it's what progressed this hobby into what it is today. There will always be a place for dedicated forums and Video Game Sage will be that place for me.

Ok, enough with the mushy stuff, I'm just happy to be here!

Cheers to my new home Video Game Sage! 🎉🍻

Shameless plug......Check out the Video Game Art Club I created in the Club Section. Come talk about your favorite video game art and show of your creations!

P.S. - That go collect forum format looks like absolute shit! 💩

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

I am literally so sad right now. Did NOT expect it to get annihilated and trashed like that. Now, I am so thankful to Gloves and the rest of the current staff team and others that helped make this site happen. My heart is actually broken right now seeing the domain redirect to some absolutely atrocious site now.

• Like 2