IGNORED

It's Official! NintendoAge is GONE

trj22487

21 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

HA! I dunno how I only just now noticed this, I dunno if it's always been there and I'm blind or if it's new, but they literally just slapped on a .png of the NA logo up in the top right corner, as if to say "Yeah guys, this is still the NA you know and love! Right?"

Christ almighty, I'm a pretty easygoing guy and I'm not one to say stuff like this at the drop of a hat, but Jesus Christ that really is just pathetic.

e44d2d53ee8c491e7af8e77f04a3b622.png

I saw that last night. It's like slapping a bumper sticker on a car that lost a demolition derby and trying to sell it as "slightly used".

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, BeaIank said:

Tonight I drink to new good times that will be had here and new good memories that will be built here.
Gentlemen, ladies, this is the dawn of a new age.
Let's make it worth it.

What's your pleasure, friend?

IMG_2331.jpg.5a0f2023c63badec3f25a716be51c3fe.jpg

If I recall correctly, rum is your thing...

IMG_2334.thumb.jpg.cb209f0e5d5cfddedacdb0c337ce82d4.jpg

• Like 1

NintendoAge was kind of shit, and had been shit for a great many years. Still, it's terribly sad to see it gone. Just last week I had referred a friend to "The Ultimate GameCube Variants Guide" thread made by the great NintendoTwizer which really was the greatest and definitive guide on North American Nintendo GameCube variants, and there's lots of threads and info like that which were filled with valuable information which I would regularly refer to for one reason or another. I get that the forum is "archived" now, but it's really not. There's so many threads like that which seem to be gone now, or at least are one step closer now to being faded away into oblivion. There's no reason the old NintendoAge forum couldn't still exist at nintendoage.com and just make people not be able to post on it or whatever. The GoCollect people really have no clue the difference between their asses and game collecting and a hole in the ground and it's sad. I'm happy to see this videogamesage.com forum and many familiar faces posting on it. Very awesome, guys. 👍🎮

Edited by nick
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jono1874 said:

See, this is what I don't understand. Why even bother? Everyone posting there already knows we exist. It just comes off as vindictive for them to censor that kind of thing.

i know. as soon as i saw that i basically posted one more comment saying censoring makes me not even want to bother with it.  i was willing to give it a chance once fully migrated and working but im not putting up with it.  gocollect will fade away anyways.  even if he brought back the old site  im sure the hole is too big to patch now.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nick said:

NintendoAge was kind of shit, and had been shit for a great many years. Still, it's terribly sad to see it gone. Just last week I had referred a friend to "The Ultimate GameCube Variants Guide" thread made by the great NintendoTwizer which really was the greatest and definitive guide on North American Nintendo GameCube variants, and there's lots of threads and info like that which were filled with valuable information which I would regularly refer to for one reason or another. I get that the forum is "archived" now, but it's really not. There's so many threads like that which seem to be gone now, or at least are one step closer now to being faded away into oblivion. There's no reason the old NintendoAge forum couldn't still exist at nintendoage.com and just make people not be able to post on it or whatever. The GoCollect people really have no clue the difference between their asses and game collecting and a hole in the ground and it's sad. I'm happy to see this videogamesage.com forum and many familiar faces posting on it. Very awesome, guys. 👍🎮

Pull all threads you care about from here before they really are gone for good. I grabbed mine weeks before the shutdown luckily. This is a second chance that might not be around for too much longer.

http://74.86.217.179/forum/

• Like 2

I like how they killed off Sega Age and still don't have a Sega dedicated section on Go Collect.  That to me really shows the knowledge Go Collect has in regards to video games.  They prioritized an Xbox board over a Sega board.  Don't get me wrong, I love Xbox, it's fun and cheap to pick up new games for but to completely alienate Sega, a set of platforms that still have ardent supporters and a vibrant homebrew/indie community, from your redesign is something else. 🙄

57 minutes ago, Deegs said:

I like how they killed off Sega Age and still don't have a Sega dedicated section on Go Collect.  That to me really shows the knowledge Go Collect has in regards to video games.  They prioritized an Xbox board over a Sega board.  Don't get me wrong, I love Xbox, it's fun and cheap to pick up new games for but to completely alienate Sega, a set of platforms that still have ardent supporters and a vibrant homebrew/indie community, from your redesign is something else. 🙄

They are as tone deaf over there as they are inept... that's about all I'll say of the comic book investing board.

1 hour ago, Deegs said:

You talk as though they actually had a plan of any kind whatsoever, or that they even cared enough to "prioritize" anything...

I'm a teacher, I can tell which of my students actually tried to do their homework and which ones just scribbled down whatever shit they could on the bus ride in.

Shameful display all round.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Deegs said:

I'm sure a Sega section will go up as soon as sealed Sonics start going for $100,000.

In other news, http://playstationcollecting.com/ is still live, so last chance for anyone to pull off any images/collections/etc before it's nuked for good.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OptOut said:

You talk as though they actually had a plan of any kind whatsoever, or that they even cared enough to "prioritize" anything...

I'm a teacher, I can tell which of my students actually tried to do their homework and which ones just scribbled down whatever shit they could on the bus ride in.

Shameful display all round.

And I am forever thankful to my 4th grade teacher for not calling me out on my obviously half-arsed book report in front of the entire class. She knew. I knew. And we left it at that.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Skorp said:

I like how 2 poeple were able to log-in somehow and post on the ip address domain. Goes to show that the server wasn't really shutting down at all.

If you had your Login Data saved on NintendoAge, and haven't cleared your cookies since it went down, you can switch the URL located in the cookies to the http://74.86.217.179/ address.

1290063229_nafun.png.41b7eb7b60d7eae1c1556d272f343a7d.png