IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

IMG_4524.JPG.98f7954d03861a249261f34340c978cc.JPG

exuding little samson i got all these this month.  you want to know what i paid for this?  i dont know im too afraid to look lol. (4500 with taxes give or take)

buying these high cost games make the 100 dollar games feel like pennies lol.

Little sampson and the manual ive had for a decade  i just threw it in there cause who doesnt like to show of that cart lol. i have a few more on the way. (felix the cat, robocop 3, adventure island 3, and the jetsons)

Edited by Nes Freak
  • Like 7
  • Wow! 7
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Nes Freak said:

exuding little samson i got all these this month.  you want to know what i paid for this?  i dont know im too afraid to look lol. (4500 with taxes give or take)

Little sampson and the manual ive had for a decade  i just threw it in there cause who doesnt like to show of that cart lol. i have a few more on the way. (felix the cat, robocop 3, adventure island 3, and the jetsons)

Nice pickups! I know the feeling, I’ve picked up a few heavy hitters recently and I think to myself, I could have bought so many games for the price of that one game haha.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Nes Freak said:

Hero. No other word for it! You are a hero and an inspiration to us all in these dark times!!! 🤩

• Like 1

Had to seriously reduce my buying recently because I'm trying to afford some major home improvement, but I did manage to get some great trades and deals lately. Here's what's new: 

Got a great deal on Megaman Xtreme + the cards. The rest came from trades.

spacer.png

All this from trades. Should have bought the Ni No Kuni guide before the Switch port was announced, when people could barely give them away. Oh well. The lightgun is a Nyko Cobra for PS1 so I can finally play Area 51. Taiko no Tatsujin is a lot more fun than I expected, but now I need the drum controller for the Switch. Playing with motion controls isn't working for me. 

spacer.png

You ever have one of those games that isn't worth much and no one cares about, but you just get it in your head that you want it and you spend way more time than you should hunting it down? Anyway here's Sheep: 

spacer.png

More deals and trade snags. Hopefully the Wii U market doesn't get prohibitively more expensive in the next few months. There's a few expensive games I'm still missing and I don't want to pay up for them. Overall I'm 24 titles away from the full set. Seems like a lot still =/ 

spacer.png

Got a bunch of Nintendo Force issues from @noiseredux including issue #1, which is of course, the most important issue to have of any magazine, if you are serious about it!

spacer.png

Cheap filler garbage I set aside from a DS bundle, because you know I need every Toys R Us exclusive: 

spacer.png

Finally have an official DDR mat for PS2... can finally put the 3 DDR games I have for the console to good use!

spacer.png

Latest arrivals from My Nintendo: 

spacer.png

Paid $80 for the Mega Man 11 Amiibo bundle which I had regretted missing out on when it was widely available. The rest was from a couple trades including one with @Naked Warrior!

spacer.png

Since Ni No Kuni II was announced for a Switch port, I made sure to get the guide from Amazon while it's still in stock. Corners were banged up in shipping but at this point that's just standard for these big guides... it matches the guide for the first game this way. 

The card... I have no idea what it is, but if it turns out to have anything to do with videogames then I'll hold onto it. 

spacer.png

OK lastly, got the hook up from another collector on Facebook, he basically just charged me the cost of shipping for these two retail posters. They are 24" x 24" and printed on heavy plastic. I've been wanting the Nintendo logo one for a while and the Mario anniversary one is gorgeous too. Now I just need to figure out how to mount them on the wall. They are too heavy to just tape up. Any ideas? 

spacer.png

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 11
  • Love 1

Events Helper · Posted

Got this in today!  Trying to rebuild my snes mario all stars-SMW set I had as a kid!  If anybody stateside has a pal snes controller and the poly bags hit me up 😛.  My SNES came with a pal controller when I was a kid for some reason.  Wish I still had it, but alas I do not!

3EBWYyZ.jpg

ohfX8Pe.jpg

Bpruj4g.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, Shmup said:

Nice pickups! I know the feeling, I’ve picked up a few heavy hitters recently and I think to myself, I could have bought so many games for the price of that one game haha.

tbh i could have bought a nice camera with lenses with the money i spent of these lol.

2 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Since Ni No Kuni II was announced for a Switch port, I made sure to get the guide from Amazon while it's still in stock. Corners were banged up in shipping but at this point that's just standard for these big guides... it matches the guide for the first game this way. 

The card... I have no idea what it is, but if it turns out to have anything to do with videogames then I'll hold onto it. 

spacer.png

Anyone know what the green postcard is? I received one as well, but the number on mine is lower and the graphic is different.

mm8bitdm.jpg.575e805d71f78328f27fe25065763b29.jpg

Downloaded Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch (we should play this on a game night sometime, @Jeevan).

I went back to the new game store I mentioned in my post on page 86 (where I bought those Mario imports) and found a few more goodies:

fromrussiawithlovegc.jpg.6c2ff26533f0d3e143c77458209ff0b1.jpg

I now have every James Bond game released for GameCube. R.I.P. Sean Connery.

yoshipez.jpg.757525e3ef6bfcb58a39365b55f38fab.jpg

I got a Diddy Kong Pez Dispenser in 1997 or so (which I still have), but I haven't got any Pez Dispensers since so I decided to buy this one.

npmagazine.jpg.6b8efb3ff4fea19a7535ffc0db760e32.jpg

It's been at least two years since I bought an issue of Nintendo Power. I found this near-mint copy of the March 1999 issue.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 5

Not sure I'll get to mine for goodies this weekend at all, so how about the last 48hours mix of mail call, and a stack of fun graphical novels there to the left I found today for a good solid discount (full set of 5 no less.)

Before that, I forgot to throw it in the image, but from another forum and from up north today came a nice GB MIcro silver, original scuffed up electrical plate, off market(quality though) silver faceplate too, also the seller included 9 kids/girls based DS cards for my daugther.  Was $100 shipped so I was more than happy.  It'll be my player system.

Those Trek books, the grab every issue of the Kelvin Timeline style TOS stories into those 5, cost me $75, they're new $30/ea and rarely pop up for sale online.  Then there's the mail call goodies.  Jim Power there is fantastic, that was a purchase.  Then there's Duck tales, did a trade that got me that manual and had the game already so it's together.

Finally everything else was a mail call trade, with a couple surprises.  Out went Pokemon Gold in great shape with battery replaced by me.  In came Star Trek 25th CIB and Witcher III as intended, was surprised to find that other Trek game in and that pikachu(alolan raichu under it) came as well which went to my daughter for her card collection.

mail-finds-may27-28.jpg.e35998a995e283813c67405accaa16fd.jpg

• Like 9

Went to GameStop for Ori will of the wisps new for switch. After the dude rung me up he showed me they still had a collectors edition new for Xbox one. I asked him to price check it and sure enough it was on clearance for 34.99. Returned the switch normal version and picked up the collectors for $5 more. 

Not pictured really good loose condition of Kick Master for NES from @docile tapeworm

Edit: I actually got Muppet Chaos Carnival and Kick Master and didn't realize they were numbers 700 and 701 in NES for me. 

20210529_164616.jpg

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 9

@TrekMDSame here, never seen or heard of them before and it was dumb luck I saw them at the store I went into too, not in the usual spot for stuff where those things go.  And very nice, didn't know (remember?) they did that to Doom 64.  I heard that battleaxe game was sweet, added it a bit ago to my gog account for later.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 9:54 AM, docile tapeworm said:

right on. i started getting into cib's for games i really like. i think i have 10 now. some are in trash condition some are real nice. im a loose collector first though. 

Same page as far as being a cart collector and jumping into cibs for favorites. Only problem is, that rabbit hole is really fun. I haven't added any carts since I started down it. 250 for that is on par with what I would think a really nice copy would run. Cib stuff now, blink and it will increase plenty. There just arent that many 30 year old minty boxes around but plenty of demand. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Same page as far as being a cart collector and jumping into cibs for favorites. Only problem is, that rabbit hole is really fun. I haven't added any carts since I started down it. 250 for that is on par with what I would think a really nice copy would run. Cib stuff now, blink and it will increase plenty. There just arent that many 30 year old minty boxes around but plenty of demand. 

i havent added any carts either lol. ive SOLD nice uncommon carts i dont really have any conection too in order to pay for cib's lol. i feel like that shatterhand cib has plenty of room to go up 🙂