IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

1 hour ago, Matt 4120 said:

My speculation was that it was a money thing. The line ups are pretty long, so I assumed that this was a way to get as many people in and out to get as money as quickly as possible in the few hours they are open. I don’t know or care to know why they do this.

I should really start going to more stores. I’ve only ever been to this one since it’s the most popular and biggest in the area to my knowledge. I know where some others are located, but this one has alway been relatively “close” to me. Even then it’s still a long trip going down, that’s not even considering traffic. Maybe I’ll go farther this weekend depending on time.

Oh and they updated the website to now say “we would appreciate visits to be no longer than 10 minutes”, which was how it was when I visited on Saturday. Very strange.

Ah, you must be talking about A&C Games in downtown TO, right? That place is ALWAYS super busy (at least it was when I lived in the GTA). I know the brothers that own it, they are great guys and 100% on the level. This decision is purely to try and move people through so that no one person has to wait an excessive amount of time, and with Ontario just starting to ease restrictions, the numbers allowed in make sense...the store is big, but they have a LOT of inventory.

If you want to try a place that quite possibly has the greatest inventory in North America and are okay with a bit of a drive, We Got Gamez in Ajax is like Shangri-La for retro and the owner is another standup guy. Kamal (the owner) opened up a second location in Mississauga and the selection is crazy there too.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Renmauzo said:

Ah, you must be talking about A&C Games in downtown TO, right? That place is ALWAYS super busy (at least it was when I lived in the GTA). I know the brothers that own it, they are great guys and 100% on the level. This decision is purely to try and move people through so that no one person has to wait an excessive amount of time, and with Ontario just starting to ease restrictions, the numbers allowed in make sense...the store is big, but they have a LOT of inventory.

If you want to try a place that quite possibly has the greatest inventory in North America and are okay with a bit of a drive, We Got Gamez in Ajax is like Shangri-La for retro and the owner is another standup guy. Kamal (the owner) opened up a second location in Mississauga and the selection is crazy there too.

Yes I am. It’s a great store for sure. I have spoken to them a few time and they are great guys.

Last time I was down there to return a master system controller one of the employees was attacked by some crazy guy. The police were there and everything, I wasn’t there for too long. I think it might have been one of the brothers. Hopefully they are doing well. The area has really gone down the drain unfortunately.

I’ll consider those stores as well. I don’t venture out of Toronto much but when I do I usually try and stop at stores like those. Thanks for the recommendation 😁

Edited by Matt 4120
  • Like 2

Just a quick one today. Big shout out to @MiamiSlicefor the NGDEV Team PSA a couple weeks ago, without which, I wouldn't have known about this Switch release.

The MVS was my and my wife's first cab and Prehistoric Isle 2 was our first kit. She grew to really like shoot 'em ups after that, so we were both very excited by this Razion EX release. We were running errands when this went live, so we pulled off to the side of the road to order, lol; we actually high-fived like a couple of dorks when we got through checkout 😄My brother's got the shoot 'em up bug now as well, so he was also able to get a copy. I LOVE shooters, so this is really exciting for me!

sJ2gOltUQVCMCKRc3OYs-Q.jpg.a2156fc02936c7769e5aaf7a90e4eda8.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

My Nintendo rewards for New Pokémon Snap and the coin pins arrived in the mail.

Also went thrifting today. Got a CIB copy of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for Xbox 360 for $5. It was an exciting day for CIB PS2 games: Got Jampack Summer 2003, SoulCalibur II, and Pac-Man World 2 for $5 altogether.

3F26411A-C6E0-415C-95E0-64250F10081B.jpeg

168E190F-5B96-40BE-A320-3CC5E9F9FEFD.jpeg

• Like 9

I jumped on the Paper Mario and Pikmin 3 for $30 at Target on father's day. I also bought a bunch of Pokemon figures that included the ones that were for Heart Gold and Soul Silver. 

1920090295_IMG_20210621_1614422.jpg.47e28bab0fe68b640284a671de892f6f.jpg

1688168843_IMG_20210621_1615312.jpg.06bf1d8d6ba05fa8bfaa268f6bed1345.jpg

I also bought Shenmu for $15 at a yard sale. The old lady marked all the games half of the ebay price and the other "gamers/collectors" there were pissed. Unfortunately for me, it was the only game I didn't have that I actually wanted 🤷‍♂️

• Like 7

supermarioparty.jpg.697c3986d9757268d73702e3a6484ee2.jpg

Guess I'll be joining the party, @Jeevan.

japanesekirbysblockball.jpg.685c1a85c244f0bb78431f912abc9297.jpg

japanesekirbysblockballscreen.jpg.f253f708f7dcb9922323a30b9de78eb0.jpg

Kirby's Block Ball.

brawhallaninjaturtles.jpg.fdd0cc4666c500f8bd45866fafc9845e.jpg

The game itself is free and the Ninja Turtles are in it now, so I figured why not download it?

marioandcappytoy.jpg.b87b82aa0ecad5a26a2804473e8982d6.jpg

I really need to get back into playing Super Mario Odyssey...haven't played it since buying my Switch in 2017.

japanesecandy.jpg.3bc90ff14ebe0a4411e242438aa04155.jpg

I have Japanese games and Japanese Toys, so why not buy Japanese Candy? Besides, this isn't the first time I've bought Japanese Candy. By the way, in case you couldn't tell, the Candy on the right is Pokémon Candy.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

So I had no idea at the time but apparently this was a super good deal at $2.  Half price books is the place it came from hanging on a shelf. 

Since when are pixel pals expensive even used?

528956D8-BC3D-49AB-AB9E-7A051A2B0954.jpeg

Pixel Pals are awesome. I have a few. Why in the world are they expensive now?

6 hours ago, CorndogSTEVE99 said:

Traded a friend for these 2 cib today😊

033C6055-8498-4CD9-9B82-2EF48D16C92C.jpeg

Nice find on the Motocross Maniacs 2...it does NOT come up often on eBay...I was half-heartedly looking for it for 2 years before one finally popped up at a reasonable price last year (and it was inside a bundle).  That series is super underrated on the GB/GBC/GBA!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Naked Warrior said:

Nice find on the Motocross Maniacs 2...it does NOT come up often on eBay...I was half-heartedly looking for it for 2 years before one finally popped up at a reasonable price last year (and it was inside a bundle).  That series is super underrated on the GB/GBC/GBA!

Yeah the series is really good! I was very happy to get it and it has the registration card too so that’s awesome 🤩

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Naked Warrior said:

You are not kidding. It’s so hard to find that I remember the exact listing you are talking about (and I’m glad you got it!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

Pixel Pals are awesome. I have a few. Why in the world are they expensive now?

Damn I wish I knew.  I was curious after buying it and I saw people paying like $25 for that thing I dropped $2 on and it confused me.  I've seen others just sit on a shelf untouched, but it's like the usual marvel junk hero+game hero mix box or other non-gaming.  I guess it's the gaming ripoff hype machine, or maybe more Nintendo centric?  I don't know, I just know it's cool and very bright when it's dark so it's staying on my desk.

• Like 1

A few pick ups for what was a pretty awesome week.

First this showed up in the mail on Wednesday. The case isn’t in the best shape, but the disc is really clean.

F5848C1D-08D1-4486-B0A3-DF42571C876A.thumb.jpeg.798c8298dc29af271ee53df2bdf78310.jpeg

Then I today I went back down to the game store to pick more stuff up.

Firstly I got a Zapper and Hyperkin Famicom adapter. The zapper makes so much more noise than the Sega Master system gun lol.

2D921477-2478-4F5D-9250-0BC7CEE56FC4.jpeg.72226599b25cc1d0674988021cf18642.jpeg

I needed a Famicom game to test the adapter out, and the only one I saw worth picking up was Super Star Force.

C97229D6-5A6A-4CE8-A69F-3618E8880920.jpeg.40b31e18a5a3b3c4dbe6051f0a80e07d.jpeg

And finally I added 2 more to the NES black box collection: Kung Fu and Gyromite, both are 5 screws. Kung Fu has a sticker on the back for a rental store in a city close to where I live. Pretty cool!

04BB8626-B1AF-4A72-969E-5A8363F7B247.jpeg.90e079ba661a8637065886578f2a9244.jpeg

Edited by Matt 4120
  • Like 7

i picked up a few things from EB Games yesterday, like Scarlet Nexus and FFVII Remake Intergrade. I asked about the steelbook, and lo and behold, they had 1 left behind the counter! What surprised me was the free (new) copy of Ghost Recon Breakpoint which seemed like a pretty random promo item o_0? Well, I really enjoyed the Ghost Recon games on original XBOX when they came out, so I'll give it a go.

GPj93NqsSbCUjsNqWDjerA.jpg.5f491de1c8afeb0253d12f73b345d581.jpg

I also picked up my Mario Golf pre-order, and I am oh-so-looking-forward to playing this game. Today was too busy, but Sunday is looking like the perfect time to dive in. Today, my sister - who set up the deal -, my nephew, my son and I took an afternoon trip to another part of the island to pick up Mario's Picross, a game I've been looking for for a wile. It's really slim pickings here in P.E.I, so I was really surprised to see someone selling a properly complete copy of the game. We had a fun outing, stopped at a diner, tried a local ice cream place, and I knocked another game off my short list.

Sunday is shaping up to be all golf and puzzles 😄

bqsGA6xnQ4SlNVoN8HMuVw.jpg.3aa7453eb844ea79f1fd6f40029a9192.jpg

Later all!

• Like 6