IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Did not think I'd be back in this thread on a Monday to post something, but wow... I got called earlier to take (she's at grandmas for the week overnight) my kids backpack and socks to their house, which puts me on the road with half price books between there.  I was going on in since I had to go right back out.  The Nintendo portable paper deities were in my favor today as this all just went out. 😉

I think this image sums it up, because yeah, each manual was that much (a dollar) also $13 on a really clean well cared for SNES controller too (OEM.)  FFV Advance, Golden Sun 2, and Sigma Star I'll get the carts for in time, when prices get sane again (or luck strikes.)  FF4A +2 console ones are trade/sales bait, not going to deny it to cover my costs.  I know what I want to be reading here this evening shortly.

PaltryImaginativeAztecant-max-1mb.gif

🙂  Wanted a good reason to use that some day...

Jun14-gbc-gba-manuals-snespad.JPG

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 11
  • Wow! 1

You know I just realized something really weird, my manual is a factory mis-binding, and also the fact that very manual the one that shows Aria of Sorrow, it's not.  It's the double pack manual, if you flip it over you get Harmony of Dissonance too.

Now the mis-binding, the cover and first legal/rating info page piece is attached wrong.  Aria's cover leads into into Harmony (vice-versa.)  I didn't even catch it at first, but now I got confused for a moment then realized I was reading character bios (flipping from back) for the wrong game! 😄

• Like 2

On 6/14/2021 at 11:31 AM, Tanooki said:

It's all good, kind of curious where/how you're sourcing stuff.  If it's yahoo japan auctions or whatever it's got me curious since I can use zenmarket.

Currently I'm DQ deprived compared to the past.  Nothing but what i told you I have left, and 3 plushies from like 15-20 years ago (slime, drakee, and slime knight) sitting atop my Neo Geo.  I do miss having the NES carts, mostly just 1 and 4, though at this rate I'd rather have the DS #4 but geezus the price...what the hell happened?!  It was like a $40 game a year ago  (or 1.5yr) and had been steadily there.  Love to get it again, feel it would be a trade package, can't stomach that. 😄

Game-wise, it is mostly eBay. But the Wii port for Dragon Quest X (Version 1) was purchased at Solaris Japan. With reasons being that their "Wii Memory set" being cheaper than what is found on eBay, and for just the game itself. Both arcade cards were also purchased on eBay (because they were there). But the rest was mostly purchased through Mandarake. I used to rely on Jungle, with reasons being tied to their branch in Los Angeles, but I had issues purchasing Transformers stuff from them in the past. And this time, they did not have what I wanted. 😅

Plus I totally relate! I went from spending around $40 for a CIB Dragon Quest I.II (GBC) for around $40 at Mandarake's Galaxy shop in Nakano Broadway to buying a new/unused copy on eBay for around $240! 😭

• Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 9:27 AM, avatar! said:

The Ys series is overall wonderful. A few of the games are lackluster in my opinion (although they still have very high marks from fans - but trust me, lackluster) but overall the series is one of the better ones in the JRPG tradition. Ys Origin is really a great way to start off the series. No filler in the game, just pure action-RPG goodness and ultimately one of the best games in the franchise 🙂

You sound just like Johnny from Happy Console Gamer! He's also a huge fan of the series, and you both remind me of the days I tried to include the series to my then Vita collection. 🙂

But yeah... If it comes on sale, I'll definitely get it. I mean I did that for Dragon Quest XI S on Steam! And I have it on Switch, with the vanilla version in my sealed game collection. Other than that, I am hoping to take a purchase break on July and August. So I'll use that time to check out the series beyond what I had seen in this one "History of Falcom" video. 🙂

Big shout out to my man @OptOut for hooking me up with some good prices on these N64 CIB games. He also gave me a Soccer game, probably to try and convert me haha.

40080ABB-98D9-4C9F-AB0E-9C9D4B717797.jpeg.df54b6165fb0fa2a6f2a77fa96271117.jpeg

Also finally found a PS Vita TV locally and for cheaper than what they went for new. Box is a little beaten up but the device is new and it comes with a code for three games: Worms Revolution, Velocity and OlliOlli.

5B2D3274-38C7-4888-A3A0-E99F26320B60.jpeg.e3b8982c1a44cc76fe687304c7c2adf3.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Shmup said:

Big shout out to my man @OptOut for hooking me up with some good prices on these N64 CIB games. He also gave me a Soccer game, probably to try and convert me haha.

40080ABB-98D9-4C9F-AB0E-9C9D4B717797.jpeg.df54b6165fb0fa2a6f2a77fa96271117.jpeg

Another satisfied customer!!! 😊

And there's more where that came from, we got something for everyone down at OptOut's wicked deals and discount firearms emporium! Link in the signature, hop on over y'all! 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ooooh the Tetsuwan Atom/Astro Boy GB Lights :p~~~ drool  I love my silver one that thankfully has retained all its nice paint, but damn that's pretty, and they don't chip either as it's not a cheap spray job.

I'm hoping to report back tomorrow with a deal I worked out tonight if someone doesn't screw it up in the meantime, did get a nice mail call of a Japanese wicked fun super unique GB game today though so that's something.  But what could it be? 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I'm hoping to report back tomorrow with a deal I worked out tonight if someone doesn't screw it up in the meantime, did get a nice mail call of a Japanese wicked fun super unique GB game today though so that's something.  But what could it be? 😉

As a legendary bandit-turned-hero person who sometimes enjoys a good mystery, I wish you luck and hope to see it. I can only hope that my good luck does not affect you. Because so far I found this one announcement video I did recall seeing in 2016 by accident, and got a few nice goodies for both the Dragon Quest VI and Dragon Quest X ends of my collection. 🙂

35A87A56-6F41-4181-BB30-81D0ED89BA7C.thumb.jpeg.10ed873602670017786eb72c3a3b96a6.jpeg
This showed up in the mail yesterday. Was lazy and only posted today lol.

34CC721E-2B87-43F6-91B0-9EB90F1B3C93.thumb.jpeg.d249381b98ed4dfe333a4be554b54a1d.jpeg

I also reacquired my childhood copy of Midway Arcade Treasures from a family member who found it buried beneath other random CDs and tapes. The game case with manual, extra lose copy which I got to replace this one, and the 3 other PS2 games I had are on loan to another family member. It’s good to have this game back.

Not like I have a way to play these games right now. I am waiting for another 2 games in the mail, so until I get all the games (which should be by late June or early July), I won’t think about getting a system. Strangely enough right now I only have 1 PS1 game, 1 PS2 game and 1 PS3 game and they are all compilations. Weird.

Going down to the local video game store tomorrow, with a possible trip to a local thrift store to quench my thirst to buy games since most stores have reopened in my area.

• Like 4

Been a while! The past week has been really hectic, also I'm not able to spend a lot right now so I've been focusing on hunting for deals and picking up a few titles that don't break the bank. Anyway on with the pickups. 

spacer.png

Got a bunch of Switch games on sale + applied some certificates I had at GameStop. FOMO bought Doom 64 although I don't know if I will keep that. But the real gem here is I finally found the cheat code variant of Cars for DS. Was hunting that for a long time. 

spacer.png

Both of the guides were really cheap and were on my wantlist. 

spacer.png

Snagged another retailer exclusive Petz variant and also picked up a cheap obscure DS title from the same seller. 

spacer.png

I'm very close to completing my Nintendo Power set and I'm at the point that I'll just have to BIN the remaining issues if I can't find them any other way. So this was an eBay pickup. Also somewhere along the way I found the game on the right sealed for a good price. 

spacer.png

A couple cheap pickups. Was really hard to avoid the Target exclusive figurine bundle on the left. 

spacer.png

Got the top row of strategy guides for $19 altogether, and the bottom row of games came from 2 trades. I keep saying I'm done with PS1 collecting but I kept hearing about Starfighter Sanvein and it looked fun so I ended up trading for it. 

spacer.png

Swords of Ditto was a limited print game I ordered a while back. Later Alligator is a Fangamer title that I wasn't in a rush to pick up but they had this promotion where you could get an imperfect activity book from their warehouse with your order so I figured I'd go for it. I'm not like... in love with my decision but whatever. 

spacer.png

Managed to trade my way to Omega Ruby. Found Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn on clearance and turns out I didn't have that game already. Picked up Okami Den at a decent bin finally. And Volcano Island is another cheat code variant I was hunting for a while. 

spacer.png

And finally, I got my strategy guide white whale. Obviously there are other strategy guides that are worth more... this isn't the grail of strategy guides by any means. But it's the one that I was really unhappy about not having already. I remember when this was going for $30-ish pre-COVID and I passed on it because I read something online about the guide having some mistakes. Later as I got more serious about collecting strategy guides, I realized that was a dumb reason to pass on it. And of course now it's hard to find. So yeah, I spent more than I wanted to on this but it was one of those things that I was willing to buy if I could just find it. And now I have it. 

That's all for now!

• Like 7