IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Last night, I just got back from a road trip with the family to Toronto, then Milwaukee for MGC, then back to TO for a few days before finally returning home (that was a LOT of driving @_@).

While we were gone, a package showed up for a pre-order that I'd placed, a deal I've been working on since January came to fruition in TO, and we got a few things while at MGC ๐Ÿ™‚

Ym6JbO1iRzSQBoYzhVnzWg.jpg.2408507fabd65ce2e65eb7cfbb721fe4.jpg

The NEOSD PRO I ordered finally showed (a day after we left, so I haven't been able to try it yet), but the construction in the house continues and the game room will be moving, so I'll just wait until the work is done, the room is moved and all the cleanup is done.

Aside from that, I picked up Astra Superstars for less than the going rate for a fully complete copy on Yahoo Japan from the Retro Game Bros. in TO. It was good to see the brothers again, and they've got something else set aside for me for another time ๐Ÿ˜‰

I finally found a copy of Ghost in the Shell on PS1 while at MGC, and it was the only copy I saw (and I looked for hours). It's pristine and has the reg card, and I talked the seller down on price so I was over the moon to get this ๐Ÿ™‚

l95rWXSeTE2_BTdE3EepCA.jpg.5af9cc953ed32c640cca59a304a20b77.jpg

I then got a complete Vectrex, multi-cart, dust cover, and complete set of repro overlays from the fellow who created the multi-cart for a fantastic price. He, my wife and I talked for a while and I learned a lot about the Vectrex. I'd fallen in love with the console and games while at PRGE 2022, and this was the main thing I was looking for at MGC. My wife and I have been jamming on this since the show ๐Ÿ™‚

sAWN2mS-R7GMb7NqVDeUDw.jpg.20592796769b95f6696929a0e05e6557.jpg

Now this was a LONG time coming! As a massive Mega Man fan, I've wanted to get a complete copy of MM on GG for years, but the timing never worked out, but mostly - and for a long time - finding one CIB just never happened. Luckily - at MGC - I found a fellow with this copy and willing to take trades, so I swapped my copy of Cotton for Turbo Duo (since I'd always wanted the Japanese version instead and got it a few months back) and a few Virtual Boy games I still had kicking around for it! This, GitS and the Vectrex package were the only games I got at the show, but boy, are these gets awesome to me!!!

lXWnl4_zSRSHl0zDQehi0g.jpg.b53b62e73acd23bd09deb9b9f9a789a9.jpg

Lastly, when we got back to TO, I took a day to visit my friend Kamal from We Got Gamez who hooked a brotha up!!! Aero Fighters was the last truly elusive SNES game on my list (only 2 NA, 1 JP, and 1 PAL game to go and I am done!) and my love of shoot 'em ups was the driving force here. For 6 hours, Kamal and I just caught up and talked life, which added a great memory and story to this particular game for me; it made this one special.

And that's it! I'm probably going to take a small collecting hiatus while I take care of house things. I'm almost done anyway, but adulting bekons (>_< bleh) so I'm going to be more tortoise than hare to the collection finish line.

Oh! I forgot to take a pic of it (because I'm in the middle of reading it, lol), but a big shout out to @LaCย for his AMAZING World of Nintendo setup at MGC. Seriously, it was the highlight of the weekend for me, and I finally got a copy of his book which is absolutely brilliant! In the future, I look forward to trying to put together even a fraction of what Lac has with his displays ๐Ÿ˜‰

Best of luck on the hunt, everyone!

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Administrator ยท Posted
9 minutes ago, Renmauzo said:

Last night, I just got back from a road trip with the family to Toronto, then Milwaukee for MGC, then back to TO for a few days before finally returning home (that was a LOT of driving @_@).

While we were gone, a package showed up for a pre-order that I'd placed, a deal I've been working on since January came to fruition in TO, and we got a few things while at MGC ๐Ÿ™‚

Ym6JbO1iRzSQBoYzhVnzWg.jpg.2408507fabd65ce2e65eb7cfbb721fe4.jpg

The NEOSD PRO I ordered finally showed (a day after we left, so I haven't been able to try it yet), but the construction in the house continues and the game room will be moving, so I'll just wait until the work is done, the room is moved and all the cleanup is done.

Aside from that, I picked up Astra Superstars for less than the going rate for a fully complete copy on Yahoo Japan from the Retro Game Bros. in TO. It was good to see the brothers again, and they've got something else set aside for me for another time ๐Ÿ˜‰

I finally found a copy of Ghost in the Shell on PS1 while at MGC, and it was the only copy I saw (and I looked for hours). It's pristine and has the reg card, and I talked the seller down on price so I was over the moon to get this ๐Ÿ™‚

l95rWXSeTE2_BTdE3EepCA.jpg.5af9cc953ed32c640cca59a304a20b77.jpg

I then got a complete Vectrex, multi-cart, dust cover, and complete set of repro overlays from the fellow who created the multi-cart for a fantastic price. He, my wife and I talked for a while and I learned a lot about the Vectrex. I'd fallen in love with the console and games while at PRGE 2022, and this was the main thing I was looking for at MGC. My wife and I have been jamming on this since the show ๐Ÿ™‚

sAWN2mS-R7GMb7NqVDeUDw.jpg.20592796769b95f6696929a0e05e6557.jpg

Now this was a LONG time coming! As a massive Mega Man fan, I've wanted to get a complete copy of MM on GG for years, but the timing never worked out, but mostly - and for a long time - finding one CIB just never happened. Luckily - at MGC - I found a fellow with this copy and willing to take trades, so I swapped my copy of Cotton for Turbo Duo (since I'd always wanted the Japanese version instead and got it a few months back) and a few Virtual Boy games I still had kicking around for it! This, GitS and the Vectrex package were the only games I got at the show, but boy, are these gets awesome to me!!!

lXWnl4_zSRSHl0zDQehi0g.jpg.b53b62e73acd23bd09deb9b9f9a789a9.jpg

Lastly, when we got back to TO, I took a day to visit my friend Kamal from We Got Gamez who hooked a brotha up!!! Aero Fighters was the last truly elusive SNES game on my list (only 2 NA, 1 JP, and 1 PAL game to go and I am done!) and my love of shoot 'em ups was the driving force here. For 6 hours, Kamal and I just caught up and talked life, which added a great memory and story to this particular game for me; it made this one special.

And that's it! I'm probably going to take a small collecting hiatus while I take care of house things. I'm almost done anyway, but adulting bekons (>_< bleh) so I'm going to be more tortoise than hare to the collection finish line.

Oh! I forgot to take a pic of it (because I'm in the middle of reading it, lol), but a big shout out to @LaCย for his AMAZING World of Nintendo setup at MGC. Seriously, it was the highlight of the weekend for me, and I finally got a copy of his book which is absolutely brilliant! In the future, I look forward to trying to put together even a fraction of what Lac has with his displays ๐Ÿ˜‰

Best of luck on the hunt, everyone!

Amazing!

I've been playing a fair bit of Vectrex lately, having only played it for the first time about a month or two ago, and it's an amazing little system! Very jealous of that pickup!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gloves said:

Amazing!

I've been playing a fair bit of Vectrex lately, having only played it for the first time about a month or two ago, and it's an amazing little system! Very jealous of that pickup!

Those square grids on the monitor, and of course the vector display, just scream "This is what people from the 80s think future tech should be like!"

It's lovely ๐Ÿ™‚

Edited by avatar!

On 4/12/2024 at 4:50 PM, Renmauzo said:

finally found a copy of Ghost in the Shell on PS1 while at MGC, and it was the only copy I saw (and I looked for hours). It's pristine and has the reg card, and I talked the seller down on price so I was over the moon to get this ๐Ÿ™‚

TIL this was a PS1 game. Good stuff!