IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Get one more CIB N64 controller at auction for the collection. Now all I need is the red one to round of the original run of colors. Paid about $55 for this one which is the right price. Controller is more beat up than I'd like but oh well. Also forgot I pre-ordered Raiden IV even tho I had it for XB360. I used my $6 in eBay bucks on Mario 3D World. I replayed Odyssey and needed more of my Mario fix so for $40 I was happy.

898974453_IMG_20210512_1758102.jpg.a70929fc33d9aeff78852420f61e48e1.jpg

My low ball pick up was on this Pokemon Go, Go Fest celebration patch. I got an offer from the seller for $30 and I figured $15 would be the right price and they accepted! I have this Pokemon Go hoodie and I really wanted to trick it out with some official merch like a real dweeb lol

IMG_20210512_180212__01.jpg.e4e5d40649cdd0b83cc8b4b4a1878f1a.jpg

Screenshot_20210512-192537.thumb.jpg.3da50c297979468058e34bc2be6aa9f6.jpg

https://www.pokemoncenter.com/product/741-05413/pokemon-go-team-instinct-fleece-varsity-hoodie-adult

• Like 11

These arrived both yesterday and today. Village was not on my list, but both how it was promoted in Japan and the trial version impressed me. I hope to play it on Steam. 👾

BHV.jpg.c998748c8afe756d6aa08ad4388b4961.jpg

^ First print goodness. And it was the last one the store I pre-ordered it had available*. 😁
[*: According to the site the "first press" was limited, but the standard was also available.]

REadvert.jpg.0f71d0a0d177dabbfb0eb38be5377f7d.jpg

^ According to the store the one I received is an original, and not a reproduction. 🤔
It is planned to be part of the "Raccoon City" collection I am currently trying to build.

Edited by FenrirZero
  • Like 10

Somehow my luck just kept increasing since last Tues+Wed posts from last week.

Thursday it starts with getting the first zelda game of the pair, Oracle of Seasons for $35 and +12 more for DK Land+case

Friday instead of goodwill, Half Price Books got generous -- light wear, clear lens, it's a GBA SP Platinum which had no charge, but recharged and sustained fine here after for $30.

Sunday -- OOF... HBP again and I was shocked given their stickering nationally, they fubar'd clearly this one. 😄  Castlevania Double Pack for $25 (it's like a $100 game), the OTHER of the Zelda pair -- Oracle of Ages for $40, then Wario Land 3 for $20 and R-Type DX for $5 (had this, bad sticker no more.)

IMG_5696.jpg

• Like 11

Things take a long time to travel to western Canada. I went with the box set for Shantae even though I was only able to get 3 of the 5 games needed to fill it before they sold out, I guess the other 2 were limited or I missed the time window or something. Pirate's Curse is apparently expensive as well so looks like I won't be getting that and I don't know what the last one is.

This Doom 64 is packed, it's heavy and the sides are literally bowing outwards with everything that's in there. I did plan on opening it but have since bought the digital version for $5 so now I'm not sure if I will. I am a huge Doom fan so maybe I'll leave it sealed. I guess Wata could potentially grade it but I'm honestly afraid it won't fit inside their cases it's so jam packed.

I have never played a Shantae game in my life so I'm looking forward to find out what that's about.

And I got one of the premium card protectors to try it out. Looks pretty cool, not sure yet if it's worth the extra price.

IMG_20210517_212249.jpg

• Like 11

On 5/17/2021 at 12:29 AM, Tanooki said:

Somehow my luck just kept increasing since last Tues+Wed posts from last week.

Thursday it starts with getting the first zelda game of the pair, Oracle of Seasons for $35 and +12 more for DK Land+case

Friday instead of goodwill, Half Price Books got generous -- light wear, clear lens, it's a GBA SP Platinum which had no charge, but recharged and sustained fine here after for $30.

Sunday -- OOF... HBP again and I was shocked given their stickering nationally, they fubar'd clearly this one. 😄  Castlevania Double Pack for $25 (it's like a $100 game), the OTHER of the Zelda pair -- Oracle of Ages for $40, then Wario Land 3 for $20 and R-Type DX for $5 (had this, bad sticker no more.)

IMG_5696.jpg

Double check your double pack, my friend! It looks real, but I always find the font on that one hard to tell reals from fakes for some reason without a close-up. It doesn't help that there are so many fake ones listed as authentic.

Real: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254973470142

Fake: https://www.ebay.com/itm/234012283023

6 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Things take a long time to travel to western Canada. I went with the box set for Shantae even though I was only able to get 3 of the 5 games needed to fill it before they sold out, I guess the other 2 were limited or I missed the time window or something. Pirate's Curse is apparently expensive as well so looks like I won't be getting that and I don't know what the last one is.

Hey if you want to spend $400 on a used copy of Pirate’s Curse or maybe $500 to get that and a Seven Sirens CE, smash that DM button 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tidaldreams said:

Double check your double pack, my friend! It looks real, but I always find the font on that one hard to tell reals from fakes for some reason without a close-up. It doesn't help that there are so many fake ones listed as authentic.

Real: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254973470142

Fake: https://www.ebay.com/itm/234012283023

Oh I have.  I've got a quality portable bit/screwdriver set I keep handy.  Opened it up as soon as I got home since the store is like a mile two down the road so I would have returned it.  It's legit, they all are.  Fired it up even last night for a bit did a boss rush on Harmony just for no good reason and cleared it.  Also removed the old saves.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Hey if you want to spend $400 on a used copy of Pirate’s Curse or maybe $500 to get that and a Seven Sirens CE, smash that DM button 

I'm physical all the way but not for $400, I passed up Yooka-Laylee for the same reason. I appreciate the offer but I'll get the digital for $10 on this one.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

This Doom 64 is packed, it's heavy and the sides are literally bowing outwards with everything that's in there. I did plan on opening it but have since bought the digital version for $5 so now I'm not sure if I will. I am a huge Doom fan so maybe I'll leave it sealed. I guess Wata could potentially grade it but I'm honestly afraid it won't fit inside their cases it's so jam packed.

I have never played a Shantae game in my life so I'm looking forward to find out what that's about.

And I got one of the premium card protectors to try it out. Looks pretty cool, not sure yet if it's worth the extra price.

IMG_20210517_212249.jpg

You mind taking another photo of the Doom 64 card?  I'm curious what it looks like.

Been holding off on Star Tropics & RC Pro Am forever.  Finally saw the deal I wanted both from same seller.  Can’t tell from pic but that Othello is mint as I could ask for and it makes me happy. I‘ve now got another title for when I switch up my display to highlight my mintest boxes.  
 I’ve also been on the hunt for Sesame Street games.  Why the hell are these things not like $10 a piece?  Why is nothing ever $10 a piece actually. 

zIjs119.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, RH said:

You mind taking another photo of the Doom 64 card?  I'm curious what it looks like.

Limited Run is great, someone there actually took the time to unscrew this case and put the Doom card inside. They also put the other cards inside their other cases and put 2 foam blocks inside my Shantae box set to fill the space of the missing 2 games so the existing 3 didn't bang around inside. That's really nice.

IMG_20210518_084256.jpg

• Like 8

Bought a large lot of Gamecube and Playstation 2 games last week while on vacation. Even had a few sealed games included: Thousand Year Door, Zelda Master Quest, Zelda Collectors Edition! Also not included is a Wavebird and a Hori Gamepad (which unfortunately has mushy L and Z buttons).

I spent quite a bit, so I'll be selling most of these unfortunately and keep the rest for free. Will definitely be keeping some nice titles for the collection though!

807905316_PS2collection3.jpg.10a518ef1016cd90ba0aec3c259dd902.jpg865454468_PS2collection2.jpg.5ebc02af316c88bd89c5cff6ca7ea3d0.jpg1610691026_PS2collection1.jpg.4b1b558125d8a07fdec7e64ec3e857ab.jpg1840987244_Gamecube1.jpg.eb6ea87b6e995abcb4240a62da431b3f.jpg

• Like 10

It's been a quiet but eventful few weeks.

I picked up Resident Evil Village and Returnal last Friday, and R-Type showed up in the mail yesterday. I haven't tried Village yet (my brother started playing it instead), but am I ever addicted to Returnal! The atmosphere, the writing, story, and game play are all top tier...it's been a while since I've been so thoroughly immersed in a game and its world.

kbUmb9qATIKDoPT-uKE3Ag.jpg.86ee1db75815e18e633e182d061de3fb.jpg

Then today, Ask Iwata showed up along with the Instax Mini printer form Fuji and Nintendo's joint partnership. A day or so before my wife told me about it and put an order in, I was saying, "Wouldn't it be great if Nintendo released a Switch compatible printer like the Game Boy printer back in the day so you could print your Snap photos and make an album?". And here we are 😉

WLk4ySDgSBiM_LYTNswsWA.jpg.7ddb60362d2d8593e990ace7bd2df5ea.jpg

Last week, Catrap showed up. I was reading a couple Game Boy books recently, discovering titles I'd never heard of. Being a huge fan of all different styles of puzzle game, I wanted to get this game ASAP.

BKY7CoYaR9-39UoG-05tPw.thumb.jpg.057e338f519dc890351105dd32bc4e00.jpg

Lastly, I finally...finally got a beautiful copy of Bonk's Revenge. I've been trying to find a complete copy for the last 2 years, and it finally happened a week and a half ago (just arrived today). My son and I enjoy breaking out Bonk on the Turbo Express from time to time, so he was happy to see I got this too.

Finally landing this game felt a lot like when I got Mystical Ninja for Game Boy, which took over 3 years to track down; in both cases, it was a sweet feeling!

hRv1CFD1QjqdhHY6julhpg.thumb.jpg.8d5af89e95765b583e0a7d9082de625f.jpg

Well, that's it for now. I hope you all keep finding the things you've been looking for as well!

• Like 11

8 hours ago, Shmup said:

After @OptOut’s N64 collection post I felt inspired to get a Japanese N64 collection going. Got a massive haul recently, can’t believe how cheap Japanese N64 stuff is.

4B483416-16A1-439A-BF9F-4496ACF4850C.jpeg.1313bef61b4d7c576c9af75312fbe36e.jpeg

AE7723CD-F540-4260-B8C1-558721D0382A.jpeg.8e6255d9a98ed078e348019d53307d06.jpeg

CIBs of JP N64 games really are cheaper than they should be. I need to get my collection going.

• Like 1