IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

My pickups over the last few weeks:

Sealed Metroid Prime Pinball:

S3y4fn3.jpg

Some GBA games. Been looking for Car Battler Joe at a reasonable price for a while:

YUpnPin.jpg

This "non-working" lot for $75. I managed to get all of them working. Pokemon Crystal required a minor repair to a trace that took a while to figure out but it was a fun challenge:

nr39FS9.jpg

This lot for literally $20. The ad initially listed only Zelda and Sims but when I went over the nice guy added the other 2 for free because they didn't have labels (I didn't even ask) 😄 The unknown cart turned out to be Final Fantasy Tactics Advance:

AaCNaHg.jpg

An interesting variant. How many Wii games came with 2 discs?

Mqi65yQ.jpg

DjL99u9.jpg

I can't seem to find any active or sold listings for this one except for 1 brand new unit from Canada. How rare is this bundle?

5ncCjid.jpg

Finally this boxed GBA game for around $20 shipped. The gameplay isn't too bad actually.

VDBVFhw.jpg

Edited by bowser
  • Like 8

Mass Effect is one of my all-time favorites so I had to pick up the remasters. I didn't love the story in ME2 and never played ME3, so hopefully this will get me to go back and finish out the series.

nG37Te6.jpg

FF7 is also one of my all time favorites and I'm a sucker for retro-style anything. These figures were actually part of a blind box set (ugh) so I ordered a few sets. Thankfully I was lucky enough to get the Chase Cloud in the first box I opened so I have the other two for sale/trade. They're kind of tiny and definitely overpriced, but I love the way they look.

QG9qX2R.jpg

qxrjPUT.jpg?1

• Like 8
  • Love 3

11 hours ago, bowser said:

My pickups over the last few weeks:

Sealed Metroid Prime Pinball:

S3y4fn3.jpg

A gem!

An interesting variant. How many Wii games came with 2 discs?

Mqi65yQ.jpg

DjL99u9.jpg

A lot. There are some crazy people who actually track them all down too. Still an obscure segment of Wii collecting.

I can't seem to find any active or sold listings for this one except for 1 brand new unit from Canada. How rare is this bundle?

5ncCjid.jpg

Someone else can correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure it’s very rare.

• Like 2

I had Atelier Ryza 2 CE in my eBay saved searches for a long while, since noticing that NISA Europe didn't have a release for it. I saw US version after US version, so I just assumed there wasn't European CE version and I was waiting for one with a good price, if I was going to import it. Well recently someone posted European version for 199.99 £ and I thought; "oh shit, is this some small print too this side of the pond". Quick google search and voilá (still in stock btw)

https://shop.koeitecmoeu.com/products/atelier-ryza-2-limited-edition-pre-order

A new store, no wonder I missed it even if I didn't dig too deep, maybe it came to be after me saving my search too. They're partnered with Reef Entertainment like NISA and Idea Factory are in Europe. NISA used to release Gust / Koei-Tecmo stuff but I guess going forward they'll be through that store.

MTV0yqi.jpg

Edited by sp1nz
  • Like 5

I just bought a CIB Dragon Quest VIII for the 3DS on FB Marketplace. Wanted it for a long time.

Here's the fun part:  I aim to never pay retail for my games so I'm always looking for discounted prices. Sometimes this has perverse effects. Last year, I was skipping over $40CAD copies on this game because that was its value. Now I bought it for $120CAD and that's a great price since the game stands at $150CAD and ever itching towards the $200CAD price point. So while I did get the game under market price, I still paid 3x the price I could've had just a few months ago. Mixed feelings lol

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I'm back with more. 

Had a couple good deals I couldn't pass up on Disney Infinity sets. Got a carrying bag, two of the big box sets, some extra figures, and also a Guitar Hero battery for good measure. 

spacer.png

Managed to score the FF 4 Heroes of Light strategy guide at a good price. Also did a trade for the Monster Hunter Rise CE... I had missed the pre-order for it but at least I was able to find one after the fact. Oh, and I picked up a copy of Dog Football signed by the publisher, along with some extra stickers. 

spacer.png

My Limited Edition of World's End Club arrived and separately I traded with someone to land a loose copy of Pokemon Moon to go with the box and inserts I got from a recent haul. 

spacer.png

It was a holiday weekend over here so a bunch came in today after the holiday. 

I picked up The Messenger Special Reserve to upgrade a standard release copy I have, I will be selling the standard edition soon to cover the cost. The special reserve box for this one is a beaut, I can see why people like it so much, it might be the best one they've done. 

I also picked up a lot of sealed 3DS games from a seller in Hong Kong that took a little while to get to me. Some of the seals are... questionable so I'm going to have to verify them.

Minecraft for 3DS was from the recent Walmart clearance deal. I wasn't able to make it to Walmart but a collector I know via Facebook was able to get it and sold it to me it at cost, so it was $14 for me. 

Wheel of Fortune was a deal I could not pass up, the price was decent but the real reason I had to snag it is that it's the nordic games print, which is less common than the THQ print. 

The Super Mario RPG guide is something I was hunting for quite a while. I kept hoping to get a good deal on it and it just wasn't happening. Finally saw a listing on Facebook Marketplace that was $75 shipped before tax. At least at the price I paid, I was able to get it in very good condition, it has almost no flaws. This guide is very important to me, I used to have it years ago and it's for my favorite game of all time, plus it's pretty essential to the game (there are some hidden things in the game that I never would have found without the guide). So it was a massive hole in my strategy guide collection that needed to be filled. 

Lastly, the notebook was a local find, I traded a couple games for it. Apparently it's an employee promo item that was given out to Nintendo reps in 2006, promoting the 3 games on the cover. There's more pics of it over here. Extremely chuffed about this find, it's not something you see often (there's none on eBay as far as I can tell) and to be able to get it in a local trade was a nice change of pace. 

spacer.png

That's all for now!

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 10

I haven't been buying games much last couple of years And I have most of what I really love. I have been hankering for something a little different lately though. I never did get into 3D platformers when I was younger, or more cartoony games, but it's something I become more and more interested in. So after digesting too many YouTube videos I splurged and got these. I also picked up a replacement laser/w carriage for my PS2. My current one can no longer play a couple of my blue disc games… The Donald Duck game really isn't my style but I love his and uncle Scrooge's comics so I figured I would give it a try.

DSCF2689.JPG

• Like 8

Big pickup to start the month off:

brand new FE Tharcia 776 Deluxe. Got this one for the price of a little under the going rate of a second hand copy:

02711939-F3E3-4B7A-84EE-9C319B76CFCC.jpeg.adc0d5c01d79827858124fca240b1e61.jpeg

some nice N64 games:

35892980-C134-4738-B365-87EA803B97E1.jpeg.ced82d692bbf9b2f73e34e1f36618af9.jpeg

Battle Zeque Den, ninja ryukenden tomoe, akumajo Dracula xx, deae tonosama appare inhiban:

6F68BC4C-41AD-49B5-968D-B3C5F180FF63.jpeg.6e344dbad32383edd6e66e24960c481b.jpeg

and finally a complete copy of a game I’ve wanted forever, hyper duel.

59216720-F6EF-4603-A09A-2266020A75A7.jpeg.bcbe1fd4b9af655db87d8683434233c9.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 2

This is not a new addition to my collection, but one of my PS1 Jampack discs was pretty scratched. I went back to the new game store I mentioned in my previous two posts, and they cleaned/resurfaced the disc to almost new condition:

ps1demodisc.jpg.3cc715b3de96f59368861d7df7d63d6d.jpg

ps1demodiscclean.jpg.a0924d5aafb83e7bc776e9599377257c.jpg

The store also had some Japanese Candy:

japanesecandy.jpg.0c953a180c3b0afa55b2f9e3dc12392e.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

So I got some things off of the list. First I found some 3DS games I didn't have which I picked up for $1 each. Then I put in an offer for $35 on Mario Land 2 IB and they accepted which I did not think was going to happen lol I also knocked off the last N64 Pokemon game in going to buy in Pokemon snap. I ended up winning an auction for a little over $100, it has some crush damage but came with the stickers, which was what I was actually hooked on. Thankfully the crush damage is only on that end / corner and the rest of the box and contents are in great shape. The stickers just bring so much nostalgia from the snap station that I didn't want to have the CIB without em. So I settled 🤷‍♂️.

405243287_IMG_20210605_1840522.jpg.bbd2c5db1ff1c89d48b15cf149d56a60.jpg

IMG_20210605_184139__01.jpg.47f77efa5cd6fdaac18c0e4a828c3457.jpg

I actually found a sealed big box copy of Mario Kart Wii this morning for $30 at a yard sale. Granny did her research on ebay before hand so she wouldn't budge but I've wanted a reason to pick this up so I figured I'd pick it up and get it off the list. I also go Big Brain Academy for $1.

IMG_20210605_184836__01.jpg.984ec8724686a6cf139805a42a1ccd7e.jpg

And finally I sent in my copy of NP1 to be graded. I was hoping for a 9 but the color is just too off to put it over the edge. The pages and everything else are so crisp, it's just that it was kept in a light room and probably out on display or something bc it just has that yellowness to it that old paper gets if it's not properly stored. I'm not exactly pleased with the process at CGC. 1) it was fuckin expensive and 2) there is a little piece of broken plastic stuck in the slab. I don't even know what to do about it honestly. 

I had the NP framed for over a year and just decided to take the plunge. At least this was it'll be further preserved, still pissed about the plastic in the case though 😡

IMG_20210605_185048__01.thumb.jpg.8258a396abc9f7204caa7008d8ec0947.jpg

IMG_20210605_185203__01.jpg

Edited by RegularGuyGamer
  • Like 8
  • Wow! 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

Geez, tough crowd to follow today.

Took another of my random trips to the flea south of here, unlike the last time where outside sucked and inside was fine for one, it flip flopped back to reality nicely.

Tried to divide this image up a bit in how it came together.  The G1 there doubledealer with knok was just $1 at one spot.  Another got that wicked go-bot I've been wanting for a long while at another for $5, and another spot another $5 for that oddly good GBC wrestling game.  Next you have the mcds toys and everything to the right of it turtles and all there just $3.

And then the elephants of the image, the PS1 stuff.  Junk random garbage boxes of stuff spot, was tossed into a case in pieces, the fairly damaged manual there has rental stamps/ink in most pages (boo) and the back cut too -- and then that disc well I probably should have thought of VGS restoration as it had a VOID sticker all over the M down through the P logo and all above mega man was a lot of black sharpie -- all removed!  The other side minor wear, light scuffs.  And the cost?  $2.

That's the most I spent at any location today, $5. 😄  Total spent: $16

(Edit, watch is dead, found batteries and it's done, still have the shell/strap for now.)

jun5fleafinds.jpg.44d78b8016dbbda324eef310edaa85d6.jpg

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 12

6 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I had the NP framed for over a year and just decided to take the plunge. At least this was it'll be further preserved, still pissed about the plastic in the case though 😡

I see that CGC still has some QC issues. 😩 It's a long story, but I can tell you that you should contact them about it. They will re-case it for free, and maybe cover shipping. But I cannot guarantee so you should ask them while you file your complaint.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Long awaited package from Japan arrived today! 🥳

Stars of the show, two more sealed 64DD games for the collection! Just two more (impossible) games needed till I have all ten!

IMG20210610121556.jpg.0845eefbedaa5fa106f655f1258c5dca.jpg

Also picked up some N64 boxes I was missing to upgrade some loose carts. Sin and Punishment is an absolutely ESSENTIAL purchase, went without that box way too long. Got a decent price on AI3 mahjong as well, that's not easy to find:

IMG20210610122524.jpg.d34b6d4ec62f4be0e3c2c15b17efaef2.jpg

Loose, empty DK64 big box? I mean why not!

IMG20210610122533.thumb.jpg.751af5986689f66bdfa526342d5b42cb.jpg

And, finally, a bit of an impulse purchase that I really had no business bidding on, and probably overpaid for, but hey it's awesome, cool and mine now, so I love it:

IMG20210610122940.jpg.b98611f678887651749f7099dc32dd64.jpg

With a copyright date of 1977 on the box, this is officially now the oldest item in my collection! A true antique, I guess lol! 😅

• Like 18
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 1