IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Got some Dreamcast games from a friend:
Xss2q3yh.jpg

Got some other games:
The color of the Final Fight Guy box looks wrong because I had to apply some filters on the photo since it looked dark.
El Chavo Kart for the 360 is sealed.
Cyberpunk was only US$8,50 at Amazon Brazil with free shipping and so decided to buy it.
UbafLpJh.jpg

Edited by Galdius
  • Like 14

I actually hit that flea market south of here for the first time in a year, man stuffs gone downhill to the point the inside which isn't where deals are, were where I did better which is confusing.  The usual more expensive vendor I never buy from hadn't kept his prices up.  This is the cleaned up stuff.  Wario there was $25 and G&W4 was $12 which at first I thought sucked, and Q-Bert was $10 despite sticker and Race Drivin was $5.  Zelda was $15, the joes were in a bag of parts and I have O-rings to repair stuff, but that bag was $10 and I salvaged those out of it.  The amiibo was $5.

Seems Wario and G&W4 have gone up in price which is ugly.  I don't get it but as lowball as they used to be, I underpaid.  Shocked to find WWinc is a $40-50 game now (why?!) and the other is a $15 game so I don't feel too bad about it.  Honestly the joe's, amiibo is a spare, and zelda I'm going to sell/trade off to basically break even off this stuff. :D  Toxic pricing these days, quite sad.

Not in picture, I did some trades too, got a really nice copy of Dragon's Lair 3D for Gamecube also Hardcore Pinball (it has a pack of 4 amiga ported tables on it) too.  Always wanted DL3D, never have seen it locally and so far I like it, plays well and honest to the source material.

fleafinds2.JPG

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Toxic pricing these days, quite sad.

I agree. All I can say is that it has become one of the reasons why I focus on Japanese ports. And is why I go to second-hand shops (like Mandarake) when it comes to most video game related goods. Game-wise, pre-PS4 games (namely "first prints") tend to be under-valued by U.S. sellers. And those goods, whenever they pop up, often cost less with shipping costs included than what a U.S. seller asks. 😐

• Like 1

A few new games added to the SFC collection:

Super SWIV, which I think may have had a SNES release, and a crazy platformer called Ghost Sweeper Mikami (based of the manga).

EE742529-2DE5-4037-B493-EDE1399CD1F5.jpeg.ae8fa23c27b31bc1cced94775c59fc5f.jpeg

I also finally decided to pull the trigger and get Magical Pop’N. Managed to get a really nice complete copy and for much cheaper than the crazy eBay prices.

EFC9056E-7776-4DF6-946D-41BF974E39C9.thumb.jpeg.6bef9a3e7d99763eb5451223d6757387.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Shmup said:

A few new games added to the SFC collection:

Super SWIV, which I think may have had a SNES release, and a crazy platformer called Ghost Sweeper Mikami (based of the manga).

EE742529-2DE5-4037-B493-EDE1399CD1F5.jpeg.ae8fa23c27b31bc1cced94775c59fc5f.jpeg

I also finally decided to pull the trigger and get Magical Pop’N. Managed to get a really nice complete copy and for much cheaper than the crazy eBay prices.

EFC9056E-7776-4DF6-946D-41BF974E39C9.thumb.jpeg.6bef9a3e7d99763eb5451223d6757387.jpeg

How much did you pay for Magical Pop’n? I’m actually looking for a copy too! Show me the way bro

28 minutes ago, alexkidd401 said:

How much did you pay for Magical Pop’n? I’m actually looking for a copy too! Show me the way bro

It helps to have a connection in Japan. All my heavy hitters are from connections I’ve made.

I got it for $1450 which I thought was pretty good for a complete copy and the condition. I think last I looked it was about $2k for complete on eBay 😞

38 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

tDvNRbm.jpg

I randomly decided that Japanese Dragon Quest releases were something I just had to have.  VI is still in transit.  Just Couldn’t wait 😛

The Dragon Quest artwork is so good. Those are in fantastic condition, nice work in getting the Famicom games in that condition.

17 minutes ago, Shmup said:

The Dragon Quest artwork is so good. Those are in fantastic condition, nice work in getting the Famicom games in that condition.

Thanks.  If I was going to get them I wanted to pay to make sure the condition was as close as possible to where I wanted it.   It seemed like a lot smarter idea when I had all those crypto winnings 😛

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shmup said:

It helps to have a connection in Japan. All my heavy hitters are from connections I’ve made.

I got it for $1450 which I thought was pretty good for a complete copy and the condition. I think last I looked it was about $2k for complete on eBay 😞

I'm just going for a collection of cart only exclusive super famicom games. We need to talk!

13 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

tDvNRbm.jpg

I randomly decided that Japanese Dragon Quest releases were something I just had to have.  VI is still in transit.  Just Couldn’t wait 😛

Welcome to the club! I want to point out that the franchise's 35th anniversary is on the 27th. 🙂

And if you need any info, feel free to PM me. Just note that I have limited my focus to the GBC, DS, Wii, PS1, PS2, and PS4 with no plans of getting any of the Wii ports that are either bundles or do not offline gameplay. So anything tied to the FC (three prints), SFC (I.II has two prints), MSX (too rare), MSX2 (too rare), and 3DS (long story).

In all cases I hope you end up getting a great copy of Dragon Quest VI! 🍺

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

Going for the full NA set, I got these here recently, never done this before, but here we go!

8K4kiLc.jpgbDHVKGz.jpg

nkhQ41R.jpg

h4aM9by.jpgRBjrLr5.jpg

Lots of others, but these are the ones i have on imgur to link here, also picked up the last mario party for n64 and tony hawk pro skater 3 😉  Anyway, within 31 games of a full set 😊

• Like 12
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

Going for the full NA set, I got these here recently, never done this before, but here we go!

8K4kiLc.jpgbDHVKGz.jpg

nkhQ41R.jpg

h4aM9by.jpgRBjrLr5.jpg

Lots of others, but these are the ones i have on imgur to link here, also picked up the last mario party for n64 and tony hawk pro skater 3 😉  Anyway, within 31 games of a full set 😊

Looking good Jeeves! Longtime fan of the Cruis'n series! Used to have the N64 version of Tony Hawk 3, but got rid of it over a decade ago unfortunately (still have the manual, though). I remember finding it for $10 in 2003.

Also, congrats on getting Stunt Racer 64.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 1
  • Love 1