IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Some things showed up today, and one package from Japan that I've been really excited for and has been a long time coming so to speak!

Steambot Chronicles was the last game on my PS2 'to get' list; oddly enough, I've had the harmonica pre-order bonus all this time but not the game 0_o? The real excitement came in the form of the Fei Fong Wong version of the Xenogears Square Millennium collection, which I've wanted to get since I learned about it back in '08. I got an amazing price on it, so it was finally time!

agPVDYIgRWabvXbi4wx-Yw.jpg.d97a0f0fd43fb1dca2192b66877adda7.jpg

Next, I got the Mario Golf N64 I've been thinking about trying to pick up for a while, Mario Party Advance that I finally got for a sweet price, and the Pokémon Coliseum bonus disc...again. I had this when it came out, and a co-worker I knew asked me about borrowing it so his son could get Jirachi. I lent it to him, but his son was so happy when I met him that I let him keep it. It put the boy over the moon, so I don't regret it, but I was thinking about it the other day when I saw croagunk post his grail item, and so here I am with the promo disc again!

rZiG9MOLQDi1U3d3m0NO3Q.jpg.e5126002f4bf75bdd4a1f4f3d66d5721.jpg

I've heard/read/seen enough about Fossil Fighters recently that I think I might have slept on these 😕 I decided to get all 3 and am excited to try them with my son and daughter whose interests' have been piqued.

eM2nA4nbQKOkOSCnEpa6bA.jpg.c2bd3f6bcb3fd2ff5c3df219434dc293.jpg

And finally, still discovering more of the Gameboy library, I saw Pyramids of Ra, saw it was a puzzle game and felt compelled to pull the trigger; then I looked up Altered Space and it reminded me of Imagesoft's other games (which I enjoy with all their quirkiness). Lastly, I found a pristine copy of Kirby's Star Stacker, and I was like, 'Kirby + Puyo Pop = sign me up'. I'm really loving exploring the Gameboy library, there's just treasure everywhere to be found!

9acYTauBShahc5HrQQva1A.jpg.e3c64841ae126e45f2953cab952c0775.jpg

Well, that's about it for now. Thanks folks and good luck on the hunt!

• Like 12
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, imabadguy1 said:

Finally got the box for this fella

20210610_152501.jpg

Congrats! That one is a PITA!

20 hours ago, Renmauzo said:

Some things showed up today, and one package from Japan that I've been really excited for and has been a long time coming so to speak!

Steambot Chronicles was the last game on my PS2 'to get' list; oddly enough, I've had the harmonica pre-order bonus all this time but not the game 0_o? The real excitement came in the form of the Fei Fong Wong version of the Xenogears Square Millennium collection, which I've wanted to get since I learned about it back in '08. I got an amazing price on it, so it was finally time!

agPVDYIgRWabvXbi4wx-Yw.jpg.d97a0f0fd43fb1dca2192b66877adda7.jpg

Love the Millenium Collection! I've never seen those before, but they look amazing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My weekend is going to be consumed so I probably should have had nothing to be too thrilled about.  Earlier ago I was hungry in a drive thru as I was out doing stuff, bored fired up facebook, saw this ad which had been up bout 30min.

5 items listed, untested, original owner stored the things.  A weird quiz wiz knockoff, a merlin, a ferrari remote control car and sadly they were all broken...car is a mystery the others rotted.  Recovered a pretty neat Split Second handheld, but this here, that's what made the $25 risk worth it. 😄  (Very clean, no damage, battery cover/serial # on back intact.)  I've enough of these over the years, never had this one except on G&W Gallery GB.

gw-parachute.jpg

• Like 11

52 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Love the Millenium Collection! I've never seen those before, but they look amazing.

I just managed to score the Elly version late last night for relatively cheap while perusing some Japanese sites; Xenogears is my favorite game of all time, so I'm super excited!!

• Like 1

Oooh DQ goodies, nice dragon quest museum postcard set box  (yeah I can read that.)

Today was a surprise, as I said last time my weekend was going to be shot far as having time for stuff.  Well a small window opened and I went to the flea I hadn't hit in a few years as it went to to crap basically.  Still is, but moderately better outside, but only found a cool pewter small sundial there.  Indoors a long time vendor there has some games, never re-priced the stuff, and well for $25 I got Lionel Trains on Track(aka: Railroad Tycoon) for DS($5), and then for $10/ea was 3DS RE Revelations and Pinball Hall of Fame Williams Collection which surprisingly now can sell easily for $45-50 which is nuts.  I've had all them in the past, so happy to get those back.  They're all complete, not loose or missing stuff.

• Like 1

Super annoyed how LRG offered the Switch version of Ys Origin, and then without warning just canceled it 😕

Took me a bit, but finally found a (used, but like-new) copy at a reasonable price!

Also, since I'm a fan of video game music in general, I am happy to say I found a wonderfully priced (ie cheap) copy of the arranged album from Japan 🙂
The collector's edition includes a 2-CD soundtrack featuring the original music, while the arranged album as noted, is arranged music from the game. "
Ys Origin Super Arrange Version" is from 2007, so it was great finding a copy which completes my Ys Origin search! Really lovely game too, if you're a fan of Japanese RPGs especially action-oriented this is one of the very best I've ever played.

YsOrigin.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Oooh DQ goodies, nice dragon quest museum postcard set box  (yeah I can read that.)

Heh, thanks. At this point I am glad I convinced myself not to quit the franchise for a second time. 😅 Plus, I should give you a heads up on the fact I aim to have more Dragon Quest merch come my way in the upcoming weeks. I just ask you to forgive me for not buying a sealed Canadian copy of Dragon Warrior when I had the chance.

Plus, I am not surprised that you can read it. 🙂

Congrats, @avatar!!

And yeah... What LRG does is one of those reasons I am fine not having my last backlog game be a limited version. And seeing how my own collecting goals are met, I should consider looking into the Ys series once again. At least when it comes to playing them since I am at that mid-point when it comes to finally beating Dragon Quest Heroes. 🙂

7 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

Congrats, @avatar!!

And yeah... What LRG does is one of those reasons I am fine not having my last backlog game be a limited version. And seeing how my own collecting goals are met, I should consider looking into the Ys series once again. At least when it comes to playing them since I am at that mid-point when it comes to finally beating Dragon Quest Heroes. 🙂

The Ys series is overall wonderful. A few of the games are lackluster in my opinion (although they still have very high marks from fans - but trust me, lackluster) but overall the series is one of the better ones in the JRPG tradition. Ys Origin is really a great way to start off the series. No filler in the game, just pure action-RPG goodness and ultimately one of the best games in the franchise 🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

Heh, thanks. At this point I am glad I convinced myself not to quit the franchise for a second time. 😅 Plus, I should give you a heads up on the fact I aim to have more Dragon Quest merch come my way in the upcoming weeks. I just ask you to forgive me for not buying a sealed Canadian copy of Dragon Warrior when I had the chance.

Plus, I am not surprised that you can read it. 🙂

It's all good, kind of curious where/how you're sourcing stuff.  If it's yahoo japan auctions or whatever it's got me curious since I can use zenmarket.

Currently I'm DQ deprived compared to the past.  Nothing but what i told you I have left, and 3 plushies from like 15-20 years ago (slime, drakee, and slime knight) sitting atop my Neo Geo.  I do miss having the NES carts, mostly just 1 and 4, though at this rate I'd rather have the DS #4 but geezus the price...what the hell happened?!  It was like a $40 game a year ago  (or 1.5yr) and had been steadily there.  Love to get it again, feel it would be a trade package, can't stomach that. 😄

• Like 1