IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

Its amazing because back when I was in high school, I found "the elite" looking for quick ways of beating goldeneye levels.  I distinctly remember 3 names.   Wouter Jansen, Sterling Neblett and Karl Jobst.  Amazing to see him not only grow into an incredible player but a great youtuber as well.  Always enjoyed his videos so this was such a pleasant surprise.  

He seems to be a genuinely good guy! I've not been following him quite that long but I've watched him for a good while now and he's definitely grown and growing! I'm looking forward to more from him. 🙂

• Agree 2

The graded market is and has always been a racket.  It's been further perverted by these goons and now useful idiots are operating in their market and chasing graded games.  Glad I've never been a sealed collector because it's all BS.  It's been pretty clear from the start but if you tell anyone who's balls deep in collecting graded games then you're a jealous loser who wasn't smart enough to already be into sealed games

Edited by LutherDestroysTheGond
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I'm sure that a lot of the legality will fall into a grey area as this stuff tends to do.  But while you can argue all day long about whether or not it's illegal, it's pretty much 100% guaranteed that what is going on is unethical and that's more than enough for me to have an issue with it.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WalterWhiteJr. said:

I disagree. All of these actions, if true, meet the legal elements required for a fraud claim. I am specifically referring to the ALLEGED shilling on behalf of HA that the video talks about.

I haven't seen the video, but yeah, "alleged" would be the key term there. But sure, if shill bidding could be proved I think that would potentially be illegal.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

The graded market is and has always been a racket.  It's been further perverted by these goons and now useful idiots are operating in their market and chasing graded games.  Glad I've never been a sealed collector because it's all BS.  It's been pretty clear from the start but if you tell anyone who's balls deep in collecting graded games then you're a jealous loser who wasn't smart enough to already be into sealed games

I disagree because the worst thing a graded collector has done to me was ignore something I said to them. Versus others who have made me feel uncomfortable collecting a (video game) series, promote a grading company they never heard of, and even be part of a community. Along with other issues that I have experienced for most of my life. Both before and after I was diagnosed with my variation of Asperger's. And even that was mocked at a few points in my life!

Realistically speaking, I am a loser when compared to all of you guys. If you want a list of reasons why I say that, feel free to ask. Otherwise I will just note that the graded collectors we have here are examples on why I find your collection, along with other's here, to be interesting. And while they also do not talk to me, they don't make excuses that come after the moment I have to rethink why I am collecting something. Which always ends with me losing money in the end.

And for the record, the assholes who are making this type of collecting look like a racket are nothing new to me. With them being yet another example why I used to promote CAS. Using them has me experience a few issues. But they are not Wata, as in they encourage people to do what it takes to keep their items in collectible condition. As opposed to taking advantage of those who are easy financial prey. Just like those who collect graded here like your collection, etc.

Either way, I am still dealing with the fallout of my enthusiasm for Dragon Quest. So I'll leave it at that. 😑

owner of heritage actions had been fined $ 1.2 million in the 80s for manipulating the coin market.  now lets see what will happen with the video game market  Will WATA / GVN get caught with there hands in the cookie jar.  i hope so. that is my 1.2million cents worth of soapboxing..

Since Collector's Universe now owns Wata, do any of these people mentioned in the video as being part of Wata really even matter now? I'd expect CU to start cleaning house if they didn't know any of this information prior to their negotiations. Or, if they did know, and now that info is out in the public, the house cleaning will likely come sooner than later.

Edited by Gulag Joe

Awesome investigative video! Once again, I am right back to square one with my thinking on the video game market. It now seems like it clearly has all been manipulated, so I won't be buying that brand new Porsche Turbo that I always wanted after all!

There is no doubt that there are many new people/collectors in the hobby now (card collectors, comic collectors, etc. coming into the hobby) because of the buzz WATA and Heritage Auctions has generated over the past couple of years, so I don't think everything is just going to become worthless (Certifiedlink has had a lot of games sell for a high amount, but of course nothing close to Heritage), but we should start seeing prices drop and come back to Earth (I think), sooner rather than later now!

The strange irony is that VGA graded games might be more credible/valuable now than WATA graded games.  A lot of us always thought that VGA graded games tougher than WATA.

Edited by Dumars2001

Administrator · Posted

It is a pretty well-made video, not gon lie.

I want to give a special shout-out to @DefaultGen though, who shared many of these concerns a long time ago.  This new one does expand on it quite a bit.

At any rate, I'm still pretty hopeful about the future of the hobby.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1