IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

But guys...  Black box GOLF is truly a historically relevant, culturally significant artifact, and deserves to command prices in the tens of thousands of dollars!!! Super Mario 64 is RARER than a copy of Action Comics 1 because there are only more than a 120 highly graded sealed copies, about a million CIBs in various states of condition and ONLY about TEN MILLION loose carts of it! It's rarer than UNICORN SHIT!!!

You guys are all just jealous YOU didn't have the idea of mugging a bunch of rich idiot dentists and sniffing your own farts until you actually BELIEVE you can justify the sale of a million dollar video game! I'm just glad that Dain and all the other scam artists still have the respect of their friends in the community as well as their millions of dollars to help them sleep well at night! 😉

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

I'm right there with TDI a lot of this fits with what I knew, a bit admittedly easily assumed reading public info, if you dig enough.  I never dug so hard to get that other 10% which is sickening me even further.

The other day I was pulling the band-aid off removing pokemon mini from my life, and the pc engine collection too.  After listening to this shit, it might as well be an ice cream cone, not a band-aid...pains gone, I don't give crap if this is where we are now.  Kind of helps with my resolve to say F IT and just keep what matters, and dump the rest of the shit as if this is (I loathe these next two words due to woke media stuff) "new normal" I want nothing to do with it.  I used to call it toxic, still will, but this went beyond toxic into three eyed fish nuclear territory now.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, OptOut said:

But guys...  Black box GOLF is truly a historically relevant, culturally significant artifact, and deserves to command prices in the tens of thousands of dollars!!! Super Mario 64 is RARER than a copy of Action Comics 1 because there are only more than a 120 highly graded sealed copies, about a million CIBs in various states of condition and ONLY about TEN MILLION loose carts of it! It's rarer than UNICORN SHIT!!!

You guys are all just jealous YOU didn't have the idea of mugging a bunch of rich idiot dentists and sniffing your own farts until you actually BELIEVE you can justify the sale of a million dollar video game! I'm just glad that Dain and all the other scam artists still have the respect of their friends in the community as well as their millions of dollars to help them sleep well at night! 😉

C795A62E-2516-4C3D-9B7A-DDBFA8BFD0B8.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I wonder, would any of this fall under maybe some SEC violation or parallel into insider trading like criminality?  They buy up stuff, then open the company to grading, buy up more, than suspiciously get in bed with HA and start funneling their games and others through there for max profit.  That basically is the same as stock based insider trading, using info in advance to buy up shit cheap, then ram up the price when it goes public, and = PROFIT.  That's federal daycare like prison sentence stuff.

3 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I wonder, would any of this fall under maybe some SEC violation or parallel into insider trading like criminality?  They buy up stuff, then open the company to grading, buy up more, than suspiciously get in bed with HA and start funneling their games and others through there for max profit.  That basically is the same as stock based insider trading, using info in advance to buy up shit cheap, then ram up the price when it goes public, and = PROFIT.  That's federal daycare like prison sentence stuff.

Nope. The SEC does not regulate video games...

13 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Seems like a classic pump and dump operation, except no one involved is as entertaining as Jordan Belfort, but every bit as slimy.

Edited by Gentlegamer

Yeah true durrr... Securities Exchange Commission or whatever it is exactly.  If not them, something that parallels for prosecuting this patently illegal shit in line with collectibles.

By the way, I know the name is not entirely common but not unique, but Deniz Khan, anyone know where he is based out of (city, state?)  I've had someone by that name buy from me twice in 2020 and 2021, but from two different locations.  Curious if it's a coincidence, or if someone really wants to be a dick could use it

1 minute ago, Tanooki said:

Yeah true durrr... Securities Exchange Commission or whatever it is exactly.  If not them, something that parallels for prosecuting this patently illegal shit in line with collectibles.

By the way, I know the name is not entirely common but not unique, but Deniz Khan, anyone know where he is based out of (city, state?)  I've had someone by that name buy from me twice in 2020 and 2021, but from two different locations.  Curious if it's a coincidence, or if someone really wants to be a dick could use it

The FTC regulates consumer fraud.

• Like 2

Nevermind I did more digging backtracking the addresses I have.  It's him, he bought a computer game off me.  Sealed game too no less... SHOCK. 😄  Not going to say more in the open, it's in my paypal, so it's in his too.

I had no idea, but the address I mailed it to IS WATA.  3101 E 52nd Ave #C, Denver, CO 80216-2348

Now I'll have to see if that sucker got graded and put up on WATA to make the bucks.

Starting to feel like one of those 'to catch a criminal (killer, predator)' line of tv show episodes. 😉

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 3

Nevermind I did more digging backtracking the addresses I have.  It's him, he bought a computer game off me.  Sealed game too no less... SHOCK. 😄  Not going to say more in the open, it's in my paypal, so it's in his too.

Now I'll have to see if that sucker got graded and put up on WATA to make the bucks.

Starting to feel like one of those 'to catch a criminal (killer, predator)' line of tv show episodes. 😉

That is extremely troubling. 

Seems like the other, if I'm tracking this right, the more recent sale, that's to a Steven Kahn in Northbrook IL, and given what I can get without paying using google people data, is someone in their 70s and related, probably his father.  SO in 2020 he had sealed goods shipped to WATA then a year later using family to get goods to cover tracks a bit?  Fascinating, disturbing?

Edit, nevermind, confirmed it easily.  Deniz is from there, he moved 5 years ago then got WATA off the ground.

Oh and by the way, that second sale, another sealed game.  I feel sick, I twice in a years time have contributed to the problem without even realizing it.  Damnit...

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

4 minutes ago, AdamW said:

Nothing I've heard about the video clearly seems to rise to the level of being illegal, though. It's easy to throw around words like "fraud" but they have legal definitions...

I disagree. All of these actions, if true, meet the legal elements required for a fraud claim. I am specifically referring to the ALLEGED shilling on behalf of HA that the video talks about.

Edited by WalterWhiteJr.
  • Like 8
  • Wow! 1

41 minutes ago, WalterWhiteJr. said:

I disagree. All of these actions, if true, meet the legal elements required for a fraud claim. I am specifically referring to the ALLEGED shilling on behalf of HA that the video talks about.

I think the hard part is proving it is going on. A lot of us have suspected it and can see it is happening in some form but we don't really have any proof. This video is great because it will hopefully open some eyes of others that have had doubts and possibly some people in the inside sort of catch on to maybe something isn't right.

Does anyone know how Jim Halperin was caught with the coin pumping in the 80's?

Administrator · Posted

Let's not post receipts from PayPal with the receipt ID. That is supposed to be private for the buyer/seller, so you can reference it when contacting PayPal support. It's not cool to share publicly information like that which could potentially be used to contact PP support under the guise of the buyer, no matter who they are.

• Like 6

Just now, Gloves said:

Let's not post receipts from PayPal with the receipt ID. That is supposed to be private for the buyer/seller, so you can reference it when contacting PayPal support. It's not cool to share publicly information like that which could potentially be used to contact PP support under the guise of the buyer, no matter who they are.

Sorry it was me not happening again

That gives two ideas how to handle it, if possible.  Find out how he got taken down with the coin fraud, then modernize that and try again.  Another would just be to make this video go super viral, somehow.  Get it shared to every piece of media out there who may want to be the one to 'scoop' the story so others carry it forward giving them the credit.  If this gets viewed by a million people or more, especially those who would maybe want to, or unfortunately already have invested in this to see they've been played or could be played.

Administrator · Posted

That gives two ideas how to handle it, if possible.  Find out how he got taken down with the coin fraud, then modernize that and try again.  Another would just be to make this video go super viral, somehow.  Get it shared to every piece of media out there who may want to be the one to 'scoop' the story so others carry it forward giving them the credit.  If this gets viewed by a million people or more, especially those who would maybe want to, or unfortunately already have invested in this to see they've been played or could be played.

The video's already being shared all over the place. Karl Jobst is very well known in the growing speedrunning community, and his videos in general are well respected. He has taken on Billy Mitchell previously.

See: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-victims-of-billy-mitchells-lawsuits

• Like 4
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Gloves said:

It's an hour-long watch, and a lot of stuff we've already discussed here on VGS, but it takes everything and puts it in a nice consumable video and makes it all pretty clear.

He goes into NintendoAge stuff pretty deeply especially.

As a collector this whole thing frustrates me so much. I have been collecting for a long time across numerous sites (CAG, GameTZ, NA) and seeing this manipulation destroy one of the best sites for information and selling/trading is really upsetting. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Gloves said:

The video's already being shared all over the place. Karl Jobst is very well known in the growing speedrunning community, and his videos in general are well respected. He has taken on Billy Mitchell previously.

See: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-victims-of-billy-mitchells-lawsuits

Its amazing because back when I was in high school, I found "the elite" looking for quick ways of beating goldeneye levels.  I distinctly remember 3 names.   Wouter Jansen, Sterling Neblett and Karl Jobst.  Amazing to see him not only grow into an incredible player but a great youtuber as well.  Always enjoyed his videos so this was such a pleasant surprise.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Agree 1