IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

nesreceipt1.thumb.jpg.0cabe904ce51183ddda10239a7e913f1.jpg

This isn't exactly "new" in my collection but it is "new" to me and I'm shocked it still exists. I found the original receipt from when my grandparents purchased my NES for my sister and I in 1989. 

So my mom moved houses a few years back and gave me a bunch of stuff that was in her house. There was this baggie with what looked like nintendo adverts in it. I assumed it was old paperwork I left lying around and put it with my other video game papers/bullshit/etc.

I finally opened the baggie last night and this was in it. I wasn't sure what it was at first. Then I noticed the Montgomary Ward department store logo, the date, and saw the "Mickey Mous". The Nintendo wasn't described, just a sku, but this made me realize it. Also inside that bag was the original extended warranty information (which you can see from the receipt was purchased), the registration cards for both Mickey Mousecapade and Sesame Street 123 (must have been purchased separately but both were gifted to us at the same time), some generic NES manuals, Nintendo Power ads, and a Capcom poster that must have come with Mickey Mousecapade, that appears to never have been opened. 

I was blown away and overcome with emotion. My grandpa's name is on the receipt and my grandma signed for it. This paperwork was put into a file and not touched or opened for 33 years. So freaking cool. I cannot believe this exists.

• Like 8
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 6

Two boxes arrived today: one I had shipped before leaving for PRGE (from the box in the US), and the other on the Monday after the show (shipped at the FEDEX store back to my address).

V3Kc9NQaTx-qk5KpEK8Myw.jpg.bbcd438307fcf6d9ca189cf11d333de3.jpg

I've had Jade Cocoon for 20+ years, but never got the second. As I was going over the 'to get' list to update it for the final time (as in, no more additions to the list), I did some looking into the sequel and think it will be a game for me.

With regards to Eternal Darkness, my younger brother has been preaching to me about this game (his personal favourite of all time) for years and years, so I decided to start listening and watched a SuperBri64 episode about the game. I was convinced, and as I've waited for the game to arrive, I've found myself getting more and more hype; I think this is going to be my Halloween game this year (although, I still plan on making time for a bunch of Castlevania 😉).

Wario Ware Touched - as has been the case for several Wario games - was one I thought I'd picked up an age ago but turned out to be my memory playing tricks on me...for some reason this has been a mostly Wario-centric phenomenon o_0? This was the third-to-last DS title I'd been after aside from SRT and Commando.

...and Gear Works. Ugh, I'd been trying to find a complete copy for ages, but refused to pay the price I was seeing for the copy I'd been seeing on ebay. Finally (a few weeks ago), someone posted a copy at a reasonable price and was willing to come down even further. I LOVE puzzle games like this; I think there will be quite a few nights in my immediate future in which I keep pushing back going to sleep while I play in bed.

_lRjXr0iS3mr2xLfHIlgCQ.jpg.2d8eb159f8c03400d9f35f4ba1522460.jpg

This was what I shipped after PRGE, and the item I won at auction. I went to the dinner that evening and had some great conversation. I didn't want to do the WhatNot thing, so one of the store owners offered to bid on my behalf and I simply paid him the winning bid in cash. w8rTz42ATtOt10nSi1q70Q.jpg.880859da460b0d25e045773c146178a7.jpg

I love all things Game Boy, so this was just the coolest to me. Back then, the store I worked at was too small to get one of these units, so I only every got to see them elsewhere, When I saw that a fully complete Metroid Zero Mission kit (all inserts, adapters, brackets, and packaging) was going to be available, I felt compelled to bring this home to the game room. This was one of those 'dreams come true' moments as this kind of stuff has always felt so far out of reach due to a lack of access and always being just 'too late'.

And that is it for today...likely for another few weeks really. Thanks for looking everyone, and I hope you all find what you're looking for!

• Like 8
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

nesreceipt1.thumb.jpg.0cabe904ce51183ddda10239a7e913f1.jpg

This isn't exactly "new" in my collection but it is "new" to me and I'm shocked it still exists. I found the original receipt from when my grandparents purchased my NES for my sister and I in 1989. 

So my mom moved houses a few years back and gave me a bunch of stuff that was in her house. There was this baggie with what looked like nintendo adverts in it. I assumed it was old paperwork I left lying around and put it with my other video game papers/bullshit/etc.

I finally opened the baggie last night and this was in it. I wasn't sure what it was at first. Then I noticed the Montgomary Ward department store logo, the date, and saw the "Mickey Mous". The Nintendo wasn't described, just a sku, but this made me realize it. Also inside that bag was the original extended warranty information (which you can see from the receipt was purchased), the registration cards for both Mickey Mousecapade and Sesame Street 123 (must have been purchased separately but both were gifted to us at the same time), some generic NES manuals, Nintendo Power ads, and a Capcom poster that must have come with Mickey Mousecapade, that appears to never have been opened. 

I was blown away and overcome with emotion. My grandpa's name is on the receipt and my grandma signed for it. This paperwork was put into a file and not touched or opened for 33 years. So freaking cool. I cannot believe this exists.

Cody, not gonna lie, that got me a little choked up...made me think of my grandparents and something similar. What an awesome discovery; I'm really glad you found a special piece of your childhood like that 🙂

• Like 2

My grand mother and grand father also got our family our NES.  In fact, they had 4 kids, and since 3 of them had children, they got each family an NES, plus one for there home.

That's an amazing Christmas memory.  Thanks for sharing.  It reminds me of those times too.  Ha, I just remembered. We still had an Atari 2600 hooked up and my Mom and Dad bought my brother and I a couple of NES games and played dumb and "didn't realize" those weren't for the Atari.  When our grand parents came over in the afternoon and we opened our big gift, we flipped!

Anyway, thanks for sharing.  That's an amazing thing to see and appreciate.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

So this was a fun one, I have what I call my original list, which is basically games that I've had on my list since the very beginning to find, and for whatever reason Peace Keepers and Sonic Blast Man 2 always eluded me. I still need the cart and manual for Sonic Blast Man 1 but wanted to take the picture. In the case of the top 3 games they are all part of the same series so it's awesome to finally compete that bit of trivia 👏 

20221024_162620.jpg

• Like 9

7F7891CA-6E20-4408-8156-1811671AF39B.jpeg.e2c468634212d7291af7bcb30332695c.jpeg

First up, my bingo trade from @JamesRobot came in yesterday. The all singing all dancing Pikachu is about four times bigger than I thought he’d be. And he sent along some extras. 

B9CF950B-5EA6-474E-A9CE-7784EF8A9158.jpeg.27b01b31169df68bcfc79306ce038bfb.jpeg

Also yesterday SNES Works Volume 1 came in from lrg. And a week or so ago I got Shredder’s Revenge locally.

16264551-4A79-468D-B8F0-8A74EFAA38D2.jpeg.84b2164cda3aadc646e8cd066e34a333.jpeg

And these blew up my gaming budget for a while, I got the Cowabunga Collection CE for Switch and PS5. And I’m looking forward to playing Ninja Saviors soon. 

• Like 8

It's been a little bit since I bought anything, as I'm taking my eBay vacation for the winter. However I picked up the Wii U Pokken controller at the game store for fifty dollars. Somehow I keep finding ways to spend money on the Wii U. 🥴

388675281_PokkenHori.png.f6b814003df8411b36be8a6b3ba3438e.png

I'd also like to take a little moment to wiggle my rear and laugh in the world's face, as I totally called that Wii U strategy guides would start rising in price. Remember how I bought most of the Wii U guides that exist a few months back? Well I recently worked on selling them all off, and made a profit on every single one.

I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to be using the money on, but I do have some crazy ideas that would normally be out of my price range. All I know is there are some options that are now open to me.

I'm not sad about losing the guides either, as they really were just something to put on a shelf. I wasn't ever going to read them, so I figured I'd sell out.

One of the big things for Wii U that I'm considering has something in common with the Golden Sun and Rocky series. Can you figure out what it is? 🤭

• Like 5

AL9nZEXOqJ8-0y98eAarBXaoMRpwUNkjl3gzsWxD

I am working on modifying the display so it's a bit fancier, but I figured I could show it off in the early stage for now, this is the most expensive item I own and hopefully ever own as I only dwell in good games, and I don't know of any games I consider good and retail that are more (don't tell me if there are) 😛

Edited by goldenpp72
  • Like 5
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

@goldenpp72 Your images today between the Magical Chase and this here aren't working, dead link or pulls from whatever the storage is a gray box with a (-) through it because it won't display.

Thanks for the heads up, it shows up for me so it must be a cache thing or something, I'll look at it now. I tried to edit the link option, does it work now?

Edited by goldenpp72

Wow nice that displays well all things considered with Magical Chase, and I"m curious i any remaining could rate as well or better.  Not like there is a ton of them in the first place, let alone sealed such nice shape.  We likely all know the story of the troll decades ago who bought NOS of the title then drip fed them out for profit before the environment we're in sadly now, but still...a rarity.  Also I really don't remember those pokemon figures but those are pretty nice @goldenpp72 what's the story about those little gatcha/nfc toys?