IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

6 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Wow nice that displays well all things considered with Magical Chase, and I"m curious i any remaining could rate as well or better.  Not like there is a ton of them in the first place, let alone sealed such nice shape.  We likely all know the story of the troll decades ago who bought NOS of the title then drip fed them out for profit before the environment we're in sadly now, but still...a rarity.  Also I really don't remember those pokemon figures but those are pretty nice @goldenpp72 what's the story about those little gatcha/nfc toys?

Mine isn't sealed since that's definitely out of my price range, at least what people list them at is like almost half of my yearly wages lol. As for the figures, they were essentially Amiibo without being called Amiibo (I'm not sure which came first but it might have been them). Primarily I think they were sold at Gamestop and designed to hold data and such from a Pokemon Rumble game on the Wii U of all things. 

I don't recall the exact timeline, but they always came off as Nintendo trying out the Amiibo concept before Amiibo came to be. You'd not typically end up with the display box in any circumstance but I snagged one with these at some point just because I thought it would look fun.

Edited by goldenpp72
  • Like 1

October Oomph!

Another great MD rental and a very cool Swedish variant of Thunder Force II. Quote from Sega Retro:

"The Swedish version shown below has an interesting story behind it. The distributor in the Nordic countries was Playmix/BRIO, famous for its classic wooden toys and unharmful playthings. This is the first and probably last time they used censorship on a game. The missiles on this early game's front were considered too violent and the picture was replaced by the ship from the Japanese version instead. After they mixed it together, they simple photographed it and printed it on Fujicolor paper (can be seen on the back of the inlay). This version is therefore fairly common in Sweden."

27rn776.jpg

Here's picture of the backside of the inlay from my copy:

X2czpka.jpg

Limprint stuff as always (yeah I'm a sucka that kept buying console variants of Retro City Rampage DX, at least I didn't start with Shakedown Hawaii after getting the Vita version):

HRAC6AB.jpg

v3438js.jpg

Poruka oruka? Poruka oruyo!

3P8sj8r.jpg

And a couple of banger VGM vinyls from national video game day discounts:

uRSAFEu.jpg

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Been awhile, but I have something finally because I had the luck of the house emptying out early heading out of town, so it setup some nice events that fell into place like a fun game of domino rally. 🙂

I promised to help a friend out, he's younger so us 20th century types have a better grasp on the gaming tech of the 80s, so I promised to fix 3 NES consoles for him and in trade I got three games (GS2, DD2 and PS64 below.) **I've been sitting on that GBA games manual for over a year, finally got the game to it.

It was early and going home despite the cold, felt wrong, so I went to the flea market in the sw area of town...and well, jackpot.  A random pull up, stuff was funky to say the least, and random, very random.  Missed out on 4 common gems for NES games a guy got...don't feel bad though, because I found that GBA no door, cracked shell, unknown... $2 and an a/v mono cable for a $1.  Saw some cruddy looking boxes, jammed my hand in one and found a cracked wrecked top of a NES?!  So I start tunneling, and well, there it is, the rest of it, RF shield gone, pretty bad shape and it has Super C in it..what's that?  $5?  Sure. 🙂  While there across the way I found those little toys in the middle, all from around 1990 for $2.  And that dirty space had some switch games, $10 each, and well grabbed Sonic Mania.

After that was going home, but felt...whatever, did my sunday look about a day early and good I did.  Got Naboo and DD1 there for $30, saved a few dollars plus more dollars shipping so that's good.  And half price was half baked again, nothing.

I got one of those weird moments on the way back wanting to go home, doesn't hit often but I felt the need to look into the slimy goodwill which when that happens typically wins.  They're badwill really, ebay values on most other than cookware and clothes.  Well they f'd up.  Checking the front, I spy in a popped open slightly tipped over plastic tote a gamecube wavebird receiver and a $40 price tag on the box, pretty sure I saw the controller (it was dark.)  I was in already, they're $80-100 now, but nope... I get the box and there's TWO.  And then in the dark recesses of the next glass counter box was a black gamecube with nothing for $20, and towards the rear for $2/ea those Namco games.

Ultimately my day started at like 8 and ended at 7 when all said and done.  Took me hours to clean, strip the boards, kill the security chips, boil/straighten/clean the pins, one of my friends ones was being a pain for a bit but got them all good.  Onto the Cube, and the GBA, the cube cleaned up great other than two little frontal corner cracks. The GBA wouldn't stay on, took a few aggressive moves with the switch and tools but now it runs great and I've got a kit coming in a month(aliexpress) to make it mine to keep upgraded.  One of the Namcos had battery blowout but I was able to clear it entirely and save it.

All the games are good, toys are nice, lucked out, every piece worked perfectly with or without some help.

Oh and ...to end on a funny note, since i forgot it in the picture.  Who's that pokemon?!?!

Why it's Pokemon Flopping Magikarp Plush!  And it was a dollar at the flea market too(toy guy's table.)
I have no idea why, but this thing amuses me.  Seems to freak out the animals, but the ladies love it, bonus.

10-29-22-flea-retail-friend.thumb.jpg.13681237b2e10bf3834710670fd6badb.jpg

• Like 13
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Been awhile, but I have something finally because I had the luck of the house emptying out early heading out of town, so it setup some nice events that fell into place like a fun game of domino rally. 🙂

I promised to help a friend out, he's younger so us 20th century types have a better grasp on the gaming tech of the 80s, so I promised to fix 3 NES consoles for him and in trade I got three games (GS2, DD2 and PS64 below.) **I've been sitting on that GBA games manual for over a year, finally got the game to it.

It was early and going home despite the cold, felt wrong, so I went to the flea market in the sw area of town...and well, jackpot.  A random pull up, stuff was funky to say the least, and random, very random.  Missed out on 4 common gems for NES games a guy got...don't feel bad though, because I found that GBA no door, cracked shell, unknown... $2 and an a/v mono cable for a $1.  Saw some cruddy looking boxes, jammed my hand in one and found a cracked wrecked top of a NES?!  So I start tunneling, and well, there it is, the rest of it, RF shield gone, pretty bad shape and it has Super C in it..what's that?  $5?  Sure. 🙂  While there across the way I found those little toys in the middle, all from around 1990 for $2.  And that dirty space had some switch games, $10 each, and well grabbed Sonic Mania.

After that was going home, but felt...whatever, did my sunday look about a day early and good I did.  Got Naboo and DD1 there for $30, saved a few dollars plus more dollars shipping so that's good.  And half price was half baked again, nothing.

I got one of those weird moments on the way back wanting to go home, doesn't hit often but I felt the need to look into the slimy goodwill which when that happens typically wins.  They're badwill really, ebay values on most other than cookware and clothes.  Well they f'd up.  Checking the front, I spy in a popped open slightly tipped over plastic tote a gamecube wavebird receiver and a $40 price tag on the box, pretty sure I saw the controller (it was dark.)  I was in already, they're $80-100 now, but nope... I get the box and there's TWO.  And then in the dark recesses of the next glass counter box was a black gamecube with nothing for $20, and towards the rear for $2/ea those Namco games.

Ultimately my day started at like 8 and ended at 7 when all said and done.  Took me hours to clean, strip the boards, kill the security chips, boil/straighten/clean the pins, one of my friends ones was being a pain for a bit but got them all good.  Onto the Cube, and the GBA, the cube cleaned up great other than two little frontal corner cracks. The GBA wouldn't stay on, took a few aggressive moves with the switch and tools but now it runs great and I've got a kit coming in a month(aliexpress) to make it mine to keep upgraded.  One of the Namcos had battery blowout but I was able to clear it entirely and save it.

All the games are good, toys are nice, lucked out, every piece worked perfectly with or without some help.

Oh and ...to end on a funny note, since i forgot it in the picture.  Who's that pokemon?!?!

Why it's Pokemon Flopping Magikarp Plush!  And it was a dollar at the flea market too(toy guy's table.)
I have no idea why, but this thing amuses me.  Seems to freak out the animals, but the ladies love it, bonus.

10-29-22-flea-retail-friend.thumb.jpg.13681237b2e10bf3834710670fd6badb.jpg

Awesome pickup! Hit me up if you want to trade one of those wavebirds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Brickman said:

Awesome pickup! Hit me up if you want to trade one of those wavebirds.

I'm considering it, with those I actually have a set of 4 now I could line up.  The friend I help out locally mentioned in that post wants one of them too, told him if I did, I'd let him know as he wanted a silver one, both are silver.  There's some grip wear in the rear but in front where you see it in use/lying about it looks nice.

• Like 1

Got a box from VGP this afternoon!

2f_0zJreSLGqxPR-O4p0wg.jpg.8a2e5af94b34908cf356cdd1bda29b5c.jpg

I finally got copies of Deathsmiles and Horgihugh, Baldo came in (I was following this before release and like the idea of Ghibli-esque LoZ game), and Earth Atlantis has looked very interesting. While I know it's nothing like In the Hunt, that's what popped into my head every time I saw it.

hq21Sjl_SWuICDK6GQTCow.jpg.719712820ba453268a3443f9e7179b2e.jpg

I'm very excited to play Village again, but in 3rd person this time (I really don't care much at all for 1st person gameplay), and...I'm a sucker for constantly giving Star Ocean another chance...I just can't help it 😕

X3ad-IUuRVi2PgPUivcghA.thumb.jpg.8146ec4968847106c53d839451a6b0ed.jpg3hghF2d2QZuvZtXm1WszQA.thumb.jpg.d16b3c0876481b4a0a72e9a4d05dbe65.jpg

Lastly, I got this really cool NOS PC-Genjin/PC-Denjin drawstring bag. I love the artwork and how utilitarian stuff like this is!

So so ends another box. Thanks for looking and good luck to everyone out there; I hope you all find what you're looking for 🙂

• Like 9

Mega Drive train rolling through! 

IMG20221031213055.jpg.b29bcefe207368e18abf937d746f2e46.jpg

Got a nice few titles in here at good prices! I got an especially good deal on a complete copy of Mortal Kombat II there, as the seller thought it was a bootleg. In fact it's just an Acclaim title they assembled themselves in Mexico, so it's basically like one notch better than a bootleg! 😛

Also wanna say thanks to @fcgamer for the box and manual to complete my copy of David Robinson Basketball. And, I finally found out where @Sumez got his avatar from! 😄

• Like 8
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, OptOut said:

I finally found out where @Sumez got his avatar from! 😄

That's quite the catch! Probably the most expensive game in that bundle. Just don't judge the game on the MegaDrive port 😛 It's a decent port, but the physics are really really weird, and the weaker attack range makes certain parts a lot harder.
Also that port defaults to the "extra" mode which is like a remixed version of the game that switches enemies around illogically, so to play the regular game you need to start out setting the options to normal mode 🙂 

Actually the only really solid port I've ever played of Rainbow Islands is the PC Engine one. It's fantastic.

Btw MegaDrive Chelnov is fantastic

Edited by Sumez
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Jicsan said:

6EFC2918-7C1F-40BB-970E-5BA03C8D96B2.jpeg.818b5b26a8dafe42f4a870210c990a63.jpeg

Here’s the last of October’s haul. Maybe I’m done buying TMNT games for a while. The Genesis 2 mini actually came in today, it’s so tiny!

Have you tried the mini 2 yet? How’s the input lag? I heard they all have input lag, but wondering it by some chance it was fixed with the second iteration. 

image.jpeg.f0d7baac73f4940498951a48b6c65365.jpeg

image.jpeg.2881d1cd4fb36473b569d72527e29e2f.jpeg

image.jpeg.01ad013c34a15ff6eee3a94ec7592c81.jpeg

Coleco Telstar Pong console. Local purchase. Has three sports games. A little surprised the seller still had the box (I've seen a lot of loose Pong consoles).

image.jpeg.4cf93a02565b9162f99cd38e429f2f1b.jpeg

image.jpeg.d137664ebe1a3f09d9eeaed1c739a2ed.jpeg

image.jpeg.b3194421781947712a72e9ac58926804.jpeg

image.jpeg.f38e15b0f98e43f9d4bc4d86642d0e5f.jpeg

Another local purchase. If you think the NES version of Rocky and Bullwinkle is bad, the Game Boy version is even worse. I like the cartoon, though (have the complete series on DVD).

image.jpeg.79fed369ef87b3070f49018e1ba44fd1.jpeg

image.jpeg.4debd6ad3e30b2b3e022054e94c9c942.jpeg

Finally got around to buying the new Batman movie. Also got Disney Classic Games Collection for Switch. I remember this collection originally only included Aladdin and The Lion King and almost bought it a couple years ago. Luckily, I waited and bought this updated version which also includes The Jungle Book and the SNES version of Aladdin.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 9

Sometimes you find odd things in normal places by chance luck.

I went out today not looking for goods exactly, but largely to dump a small collection and some random games and toys from other systems too which I did well by.  Being down there I went into the game exchange fairly close by and walk into a multi-counter spread pile with boxes on the floor, a guy coming in dumping his 2nds, 3rds...of stuff, systems, accessories, etc.  There was a smaller reject pile, ended up talking to the guy, and surprise I see a famicom game, and one I wanted back, F1-Race which I enjoy.  HE then shows me a boxed up other ancient one, Mahjong, offered them each for $2 but bumped it up to $5.  Then he pointed out the game we know I hate, but, he wanted it gone because of the cracked up shell and said I could take it for another $5.  So yeah, got this all for $10, can't complain.  Now to see if I can find a gold front from a jacked up Ocarina cart or something and fix this thing.
I still don't seem to like MM either, got mad at it earlier because i couldn't find the 5th little turd in the first town where they hide until morning, got fed up going in endless circles so it didn't save. 😛  Coolest things about the game, the lenticular sticker, and the cool blurred opening on the mask itself.

Now I need to read that faq pretty hard and try and figure out how to play a real game of mahjong, not the crap you find in cheap/free mobile phone and old PC apps. 😉

famicomfind.thumb.JPG.d5a913eefbcefb647f903a285682205c.JPG

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Sometimes you find odd things in normal places by chance luck.

I went out today not looking for goods exactly, but largely to dump a small collection and some random games and toys from other systems too which I did well by.  Being down there I went into the game exchange fairly close by and walk into a multi-counter spread pile with boxes on the floor, a guy coming in dumping his 2nds, 3rds...of stuff, systems, accessories, etc.  There was a smaller reject pile, ended up talking to the guy, and surprise I see a famicom game, and one I wanted back, F1-Race which I enjoy.  HE then shows me a boxed up other ancient one, Mahjong, offered them each for $2 but bumped it up to $5.  Then he pointed out the game we know I hate, but, he wanted it gone because of the cracked up shell and said I could take it for another $5.  So yeah, got this all for $10, can't complain.  Now to see if I can find a gold front from a jacked up Ocarina cart or something and fix this thing.
I still don't seem to like MM either, got mad at it earlier because i couldn't find the 5th little turd in the first town where they hide until morning, got fed up going in endless circles so it didn't save. 😛  Coolest things about the game, the lenticular sticker, and the cool blurred opening on the mask itself.

Now I need to read that faq pretty hard and try and figure out how to play a real game of mahjong, not the crap you find in cheap/free mobile phone and old PC apps. 😉

famicomfind.thumb.JPG.d5a913eefbcefb647f903a285682205c.JPG

That copy of Majora's Mask is basically like mine, being a collector's edition copy with a piece missing: 

image.jpeg.a24e5f296637848d5ceeeba9dfbefa18.jpeg

A friend gave it to me for free along with Mickey's Speedway USA, so I didn't complain.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

On 11/4/2022 at 4:30 PM, MegaMan52 said:

image.jpeg.f38e15b0f98e43f9d4bc4d86642d0e5f.jpeg

Radar Mission is surprisingly great for a battleship clone. The music during the battleship mode is extremely good. It's a pretty hard game to win all three stages in, but as a result the few times you win all three feel really special. Usually some good luck is needed.  I could never wrap my head around the first person combat mode though.

23 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

That copy of Majora's Mask is basically like mine, being a collector's edition copy with a piece missing: 

A friend gave it to me for free along with Mickey's Speedway USA, so I didn't complain.

Basically yeah it was given to me nearly free at $5.  I can't complain.  I'm not even a fan of the game but at that price I couldn't say no.  I figured I could try and find a broken copy of either of the gold games if their front piece isn't shot to fix it.  Or just leave it, it's not pretty but it's functional.

On 10/28/2022 at 7:28 PM, goldenpp72 said:

Mine isn't sealed since that's definitely out of my price range, at least what people list them at is like almost half of my yearly wages lol. As for the figures, they were essentially Amiibo without being called Amiibo (I'm not sure which came first but it might have been them). Primarily I think they were sold at Gamestop and designed to hold data and such from a Pokemon Rumble game on the Wii U of all things. 

I don't recall the exact timeline, but they always came off as Nintendo trying out the Amiibo concept before Amiibo came to be. You'd not typically end up with the display box in any circumstance but I snagged one with these at some point just because I thought it would look fun.

Fun fact about the Pokemon Rumble figures is that while the game was available for purchase on the e-Shop in Canada, the figures themselves were not distributed in Canada. Nintendo's a real bro sometimes.

• Sad 1