IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

57 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Obviously. It’s PLATINUM.

In most collectibles, it's the first edition which is the rare one. Books, comics, cards...

and here, we have a "greatest hits" edition - a reprint, that is worth something like 50 times the original! Game collecting sure can be tricky

Winning Video Game GIF by Lil Yachty

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, avatar! said:

In most collectibles, it's the first edition which is the rare one. Books, comics, cards...

and here, we have a "greatest hits" edition - a reprint, that is worth something like 50 times the original! Game collecting sure can be tricky

There is a handful of Sega All Star releases for Dreamcast that are more than the original releases.  I'm working on the DC set and trying to figure out if it's worth it to track them all down at their current going rates

12 hours ago, avatar! said:

There is a handful of Sega All Star releases for Dreamcast that are more than the original releases.  I'm working on the DC set and trying to figure out if it's worth it to track them all down at their current going rates

Not buying much these days. But there was a nice opportunity to pick up a bunch of strategy guides at a great price. See: 

vhk4Mkt.jpg

(ignore the Nintendo Power, I already posted that one)

XxIj2ql.jpg

My ordeals trying to get a Fossil Fighters guide.... what a journey. Finally have it!

euHeElH.jpg

Also pulled in some games and My Nintendo Rewards: 

0nTchpz.jpg

agamSOe.jpg

v82PC2m.jpg

That's all for now!

• Like 11
  • Wow! 1

16 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

My local game store let me go through their bin of orphaned manuals and I found all this in there.

These are the manuals I found for ones I still needed. Any duplicates are variants. Some of the black box manuals appear to be first prints.

IMG_20220930_193925.jpg

Nice! Please let me know if you have any extra manuals. I'm always looking for some...

Yard sales for the year are pretty much done, and this was definitely the worst summer ever.  A couple decent finds, but really not much compared to earlier years.

Good find #1 was this empty NES Deluxe Set box in nice shape for $1.2022a.png.49777ef492f1684cd95afff61af34dd9.png

Good Find #2: a working (Yay!) Xbox 360 with HDD, 2 controllers, drum kit, all needed cables, and 20 games all for $20. I swore I'd never get a 360 due to their rep for poor reliability, but they were able to demonstrate it working and the price was too good to pass. Second photo shows the games that came with it since the overall picture came out poorly.

2022b.JPG.4ec6488f176389249a26429659576d7d.JPG2022b2.JPG.10d8dafaefe1a6667c7d07a487b5ac9c.JPG

Next is a group shot of all the other games I found this summer. I could have had more 360 games but I was passing on those until I found the system in late August. Most of the DS cases were free but are just case/manual with no game.

2022c.jpg.e55665b8951ebaad765211ff80ead2c0.jpg

Finally,I picked up a $5 computer table/hutch at a church rummage sale. I've been wanting to get most of my old computers set up and this helps with that goal. Only the left table/hutch is new: I already had all the hardware.

2022d.jpg.3210f689e5773a59e684a6dc2758da2d.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow! 4
  • Love 1

Not been in the mood to take an image and upload it but over the last I guess 3 days now I ended up with a couple dollar anime titles at the start both parts of Karas along with Final Fantasy Tactics Advance(with a credit, cost me $5.)

In the middle of that found Ah My Goddess Complete TV season DVD set for $15, and then the movie for another $10 and I've been curious about that since I guess the 90s.

And then today looping back home by a half price, went in, both another anime movie they reduced in half to $5 I grabbed ex-Driver, and also wasn't put out yet but I got it for $10 Gamecube X-Men Legends, it's complete, no damage to the disc too.  I heard over time it was good so why not?

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1