IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Just won a bid on this. Sachen made the main character sprite look more like the one from the NES version and less like Megaman for the European release (probably to avoid any trademark/copyright issues). No box unfortunately. Apparently this one got released in a blister pack so every CIB copy is also new for this game

Thunder Blast Man GBC.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, Ankos said:

Just won a bid on this. Sachen made the main character sprite look more like the one from the NES version and less like Megaman for the European release (probably to avoid any trademark/copyright issues). No box unfortunately. Apparently this one got released in a blister pack so every CIB copy is also new for this game

Dude amazing.  I forgot that exists I own the Famicom release, bought it new from the US of all things on ebay, had to ask fcgamer for details about this one.  Mine is where they rebranded it as Rocman X but it's all the same, just went with a less seedy name/ripoff for sales I guess after the fact.  It's oddly despite the pedigree a solid little game.  I'd love to own that if one ever popped up for not scummy levels you find on ebay troll bins.  I hope you legit enjoy it, it's a solid little game.  I've included the art and rear images from mine.

rocmanx1.thumb.jpg.386c1e5fae57f2e6bdda1cca8c3170c9.jpgrocmanx2.thumb.jpg.b79bb9c975e6f28310125c4c89bd9af5.jpg

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Ankos said:

I think that it is neat but the GBC version is not as good as the NES one. Sachen appears to have outsourced the gameboy port to a less good team (here is a game by said team that appears very similar to Rocman X on Gameboy), so it wound up being one of the weaker titles by Sachen

Yeah no doubt, that's rough, the FC game is moderately more functional as you can see here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU-9jAMBAbc

3 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Yeah no doubt, that's rough, the FC game is moderately more functional as you can see here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU-9jAMBAbc

Yeah, that's definitely a step up. I like the cape they gave Rocman in this one. It makes him look like a superhero. I once heard a theory that the Roc in Rocman refers to the Republic of China or ROC, a name sometimes used for Taiwan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PII said:

I would love to have a copy of "Do Run Run" for Colecovision!  Did not realize that one had come into being...

Are the Atari patches authentic or some kind of reproduction?

Here is where you can get Do Run Run:  https://collectorvision.com/games/mrdorunrun.php

The patches are authentic.  All of them.  The ones from the current Atari releases were sent to me as a surprise gift when my carts were replaced. Along with the pins.  Those were originally included in the limited edition versions.

Edited by TrekMD

23 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

Here is where you can get Do Run Run:  https://collectorvision.com/games/mrdorunrun.php

Yeah, I found that site.  Can't for the life of me figure out how one is to actually buy something on it.  Do you have to be registered or something?  

Also wish Do Run Run didn't require an SGM.  Those things have gotten a wee bit pricey...

5 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Wow @360collector nice Sachen goodies, I feel the same, but they never pop up for me outside of ePay and people on there live in dream land.  I should look those codes up, curious what you got there.  I love the garbage, I own a supervision, and that's par for the course. 😛

yeah the prices seems very random on them, on wikipedia there is 9 listed in that 4in1 series.

@360collector Good catch, I pulled up Thin Chen (Sachen etc) up on there and I see it now.

I just have one of theirs the 8B001 8in1 which has: Zipball, Deep: Final Mission, Crazy Burger, Small Gorilla, Street Rider, Vex Block, Trap & Turn, and Duck Adventures.

It's a solid little cart with a few decent titles to it.  Your 001 has 4 of my games on it as I'm sure you just realized with that list.  I know it's probably a sachen unicorn, but I'd love to find their 31in1 as it's a catch all.  According to their list though, I do have more of their good games too, as I've got a watara supervision and they put 20 games out on that which is around 1/3 of the total library.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 360collector said:

I have decided to just get those sachen gameboy carts when I see them for a decent price, cant be that many in that subset. I got 4in1 4B-001 and 4B-005, waiting on 008 to arrive

Those are pretty neat. There are two print runs of the 4-in-1s, one from the early 90s and one from the late 90s. The earlier print run does not work on anything but monochrome machines. I think the title screens have different copyright dates if you want to check what you got. 4B-003 is the most sought after 4-in-1. It did not have as many copies made, and its games only appear on other rare Sachen carts (a 5-in-1 and a 16-in-1, both of which are unbelievably hard to find). 4B-004 is neat too since it also has games not on the 31-in-1

• Like 1

On 11/22/2022 at 2:20 PM, 360collector said:

Picked up my Pokeomon dual pack from the post office today. Seems to be a yearly fomo purchase for me now. Also I have decided to just get those sachen gameboy carts when I see them for a decent price, cant be that many in that subset. I got 4in1 4B-001 and 4B-005, waiting on 008 to arriveIMG_0991-min.JPG.6d18504752ad03466d3209888b03c2e7.JPG

Jealous you guys got the steel book in your dual pack. I'm holding off for the dual pack like I did last time with diamond and pearl. I ended up grabbing it on sale for like $80-90. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Jealous you guys got the steel book in your dual pack. I'm holding off for the dual pack like I did last time with diamond and pearl. I ended up grabbing it on sale for like $80-90. 

yeah no doubt the steelbook pushed me into buying it. At one hand im sure they made many, but at the same time I saw scalpers trying to sell them this weekend so I dont regret it

I've sort of hit a slump with the PS3 at this point, and don't have much more I'm interested in. However I've been surprised at how fun the Wii U has been. It's such an interesting system because despite being a failure, it has incredible games on it. It's also pretty affordable, though some of the better games cost a lot. I don't think I'll be collecting for it for very long though, since there's not a huge selection of games to choose from.

I've been cautiously adding to my library though. I don't want to go all in on the system, and would rather have a small collection of great games. I've ordered seven games, and I'll post about them once they all show up. Each one is from a different third party publisher, although two of them were made by the same developer. Fancy yourself a wise guy? Try and figure out what those two games are! It's very possible to figure it out based on that information alone. 🧐

nd4xbnO.jpg

OPEN the spoilers for more pics OR click the link: https://imgur.com/a/CD8WDVF

Spoiler

wmH32Hj.jpeg

7xXYbQM.jpeg

1zZ5Z4b.jpeg

IVEIrtD.jpeg

CodysGameRoom Miracle Piano

4eJxNjr.jpeg

AND also storytime if you'd like, below:

So I never really thought this would happen, and all during the process, I still had doubts it would. Some of you know I'm trying to complete a Sega Genesis set. Down to 11 games and Miracle Piano was still one of them. I've been monitoring for a cheap loose cart for a while, and well, this came up in my saved searches for $45. So uhhh, I did the Buy It Now of course, considering what the loose cart sells for (one sold September 9th for $125). This was on October 27th.  

The problem was, the seller was a bit of an eBay noob. Also, definitely not a gamer or part of a gaming community. They listed "freight shipping" and told me they would go to the post office, get a quote, come back, tell me the quote, then I could pay, and then they'd ship. I also asked him to put the item in a box because we've all received packages like this where a shipping label was slapped on the front and off it went. The condition appeared so great in the photos I didn't want that to happen. (I've had an NES Miracle Piano in box for years and the box condition is so poor it was always upsetting.)

Well, for some reason, the sellers "ordered boxes" because they needed big boxes and they would frankenstein them together to ship my item. So I waited. Then he said they were backordered and he was angry. So I waited. He actually told me he was considering canceling the order, which was pretty upsetting. I had kind of accepted I wasn't getting this. 

Keep in mind this whole time I am also worried about someone seeing the sold listing on eBay and backdooring me. 

So then as a last ditch effort I looked up shipping companies in his area. I sent him a screenshot I said, go to one of these places, they will package it, and ship it for you, and I will pay whatever they want, I will pay you extra for that too if you want. He actually agreed, and went to one to sort it out last week.

So after almost a month he finally went and shipped it Monday. I paid over $100 for the shipping alone, due to the size, the cost of shipping materials, etc, but I mean... considering the loose cart cost... I'm happy. I feel like the value is much higher. Price Charting has it around $500 but the data is from 2016, and I paid less than $200 total for this. Even ignoring the value, I'm very happy to own this item and in such good condition.

And I was right about the condition. This thing is pretty minty. I doubt this one was used very much. The cart looked absolutely brand new, and the keyboard the same. It works great (well the keyboard at least, I didn't hook it all up to the Sega yet) and I'm just so pleased with this purchase. Now I can put my crappy NES one in storage and use this for my display instead! 

Edited by CodysGameRoom
  • Like 7
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 3
  • Agree 1

And then there are those days where a small gain is a great gain.  The store was having a 30% off sale.  $49.50 captured these goodies, and the MP2 disc is in great shape, minimal spots of wear to it.  I've never actually owned that, got turned off by the chopped up demo the Fusion Tour did through town here like nearly 20 years ago so I didn't bother.  But taking it for $35 (vs 50-60 on ebay) I'm willing to bite.

nov11-22-finds.jpg.4aae44a3308fd16d92a54a2b8a3edbdc.jpg

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 7

I made some great pickups since the last post in the summer. I'm really making progress on my NES collection and am down to only a handful of titles I'm still after. Some of the boxes aren't perfect but I got some real deals on a couple of em. Rad Racer was crushed but I got it for $12 and it ironed back to form nicely.  ROTJ is missing a flap on the inside, but otherwise great condition for $115. So yeah, some of the games I was just shocked they accepted my offers. 

PXL_20221126_012232324.jpg.d927a423e8ee28a42ab962789f2211f4.jpg

PXL_20221126_012322544.jpg.8d18b5522ea98efaa7cbd262864eaf12.jpg

And then theres the switch gets, of course. There's been some good sales that came across my deals app. I think the only ones I paid retail for were Pocky & Cotton. I also got insanely luck w Soul Silver and Road Rash. Road Rash was listed for disc only price bc it was "untested". It worked fine it's just the case was all bitched up. And Soul Silver was listed for the cart only price.

PXL_20221126_012405000.jpg.fc270be4504ed2962422ca1bb76b42b9.jpg

Finally I got the two Pokemon Switch Lites bc I have mental problems. I did get them both at auction late this summer. I really like both of these designs. I honestly think they're some of the best looking limited edition handhelds ever released. They're up there with some of the 3DS LEs. I'm not a fan of a lot of the Switch LEs and I think now I had all the ones I'm interested in. 

PXL_20221126_012419185.jpg.f8266295d2abb6a46dc0e367448a0b23.jpg

Not shown. Bayonetta 1 and 3 CE.

• Like 12
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

Hey @sp1nz  Loving that Cotton stuff.

I'm under a conundrum with that here for over a month or two.  I had a package that went lost in the mail and I got refunded, then sometime after showed up from Germany, the huge box Cotton Fantasy with the tea cup and toys etc for Switch.  It's just rotting away here sitting, grabbed it since they price errored it a year ago on the site for the same price as the general game and I had wrote it off.  I'm like...do I open it and enjoy the cup(I'd use it, fuck collecting it's a cup) and the toy and music would be neat too... but I could make $150 easily on it if someone would appreciate it more so ...it sits.

I'd need to go find the original cotton reboot, don't have it anymore...yet BOTH are on Steam and cheap, so it's like...argh.

I like that Wonderboy setup, have a love hate with the series as I play it, but I can't stick to play with it so I never grabbed 4 other than the pack-in on sega mini, and the wonderboy and knockoff dragon title Switch got, again...light play, then sold.  I hope you enjoy it, it looks slick.

• Thanks 1