IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

10 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I went back to my local game store and raided their Atari manual bin. I don't know what most of this is but if I've never seen it before, it must be something.

IMG_20221003_185317.jpg

Cool, someone was really into those Xonox double ender carts. Though they also came in single game carts, too. 🙂

Also, nice SwordQuest Fireworld pickups. I had that game as a kid.

Though the real prize would be the SwordQuest treasure awards. 😛

I love going on document raids from my local shops about once every 6 months.  Most of the shops around here kind of just throw everything in a bin.  $1 for a manual and maybe $.50 for everything else.  I'll buy a bunch of old stuff out of those, every game-specific registration card I find (which are a bit uncommon but I usually end up with 1-2 for each chase I go on) and then if I see anything like old school NES/SNES era Nintendo Power inserts, I'll pick those up.

The pickin's get slimmer and slimmer but it's still fun.  My best find has been a mint Conker's Bad Fur Day manual, as well as the Snowboard Kid's 2 insert card (not the manual, the card stock thing.)

• Like 2

So about a week back I guess I was lazy and just described a few things, but given what I found since then an image was finally worth it.

The re-run of it,  taking in some cheap anime netted that FFTA game for $5 and each Karas for $1(full set 2of2).  Then the $15 Ah My Goddess TV box and another $10 on that movie.  Then that day a loop of a both half price a day after I got the reduced by 1/2  to $5 ex-Driver and that Gamecube X-Men game for $10.

New in this image I helped a local friend out I'm giving tips/assistance on with his collectibles selling so I got that Balloon Kid and also Namco Museum at cost (which he got cheap so $10 for both.)

Today is why I finally did the picture, hated myself paying it, but given it gets up to usually $15-35 higher, I ate it at $135 and grabbed Sparkster locally.  Technically not that bad, about a week back I sold a spare GB Micro I had for $100 so the hit wasn't too extreme. 😉  Never thought I'd see Sparkster again, had this one 5-7 years ago along with a few others I regret still (like EVO.)

Buying local and getting a wow moment like this is far more worth it than ebay poking.

sparkster-anime-etc.thumb.JPG.46ad4fc23dbeb66d0318f535f0c6b051.JPG

• Like 5

During the week I picked up yet another spare to a spare GB micro bridgemute on this site, deal was good and a charger I needed so that's what you see there.  And between Friday and Sunday afternoon things just rolled from one conclusion to a next and then with a later day surprise. To start that DK Land I grabbed for $15 because I got the box for it (with a TMNT2gb box too) for shipping days earlier.

It took a few weeks of misfires but was able to meet up with a local friend, been trying to work on a trade to keep cash out of it and finally did.  My other spare GB micro (I had 4) and a copy of Super Double Dragon I didn't want I swapped for EVO (box is KO) which is a big one off the bucket list.

Another local friend I help with collecting/selling since I gave it up I help him do some work on deals/advice, so he throws me some goodies and good trade.  He needed a new a battery for a pokemon blue and a gb speaker I had too, and ended up with those other 3 GB games.

While waiting for him at my closest half price, I so happen to do a double take after looking at the store, but that, the virtual boy, only on the floor 3hours tops.  Shocked, haven't seen one in town since I got the one in 2019 to do the full set, and nutty enough, they put a fair price AND goofed, it was $150 and the also bundled in the $100 value ac adapter+virtual tap for it (oops!)  And my point card was loaded so I got 25% off so $120 out the door.  They had 2 games one was even/high another was cheaper, my friend grabbed it (Nester) as it and the other both had manuals.  So the system was tested with a dead left eye.  Whatever...I figured at worst, I got backups again for all my goodies.

Yet after looking about this evening, I got a bit ballsy and tore it down, pulled my kit out, and what normally I usually need a few passes and tries on to set (so it takes like 2hrs including tear down and back I had done in about an hour.)  I was nervous as you can't source the cables anymore and they're easy to kill, but it works, now I have 2 fully working and solder fixed Virtual Boys.  Best, this one had a better stand than my original. 😉  NFS, it's on display on the high shelf over my fluffy chair next to the desk here, the parts put up with my other VB stuff.

EVO = Free/Trade (around a $100 in items for trade)
VB  = $120 (but value, fixed, is a few hundred, tap combo another 100, parted out even more being jerky)
DKL+manual = $15
GBM+oem charger = $95
3GB Games = Free/Trade

Expensive (for me) long weekend, but well worth it.  Weekend find of the year easily.

BONUS:Also the EVO friend, he can do arcade monitor work, he's going to fix my caps/flyback on my neo geo to stop its little issues. 😄

IMG_8258.thumb.JPG.371c57eafb0741e5d056de3732ade549.JPG

• Like 8
  • Wow! 1

On 10/8/2022 at 2:44 PM, Nintegageo said:

There remain 2-3 machines that I would love, though space is a problem as I am in a studio apartment haha. 

20221008_143349.jpg

20221008_143548.jpg

Twilight Zone has to be my favorite pinball of all time. Granted, I have not played in a long time, and I don't consider myself a pinball fanatic or anything. That said, I just thought it was a great pinball and Twilight Zone is one of my favorite shows of all time 🙂

Got everything pictured for $310 total from a local game store and pawn shop.  Decently below pricecharting for everything.  All games CIB except Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus is missing the soundtrack cd and Nightmare Before Christmas is missing the manual.  The GC controllers are OEM and work great but someone swapped out the C-stick for a normal stick on one and it is much more comfortable.  Neat to find a 64 Brawler pad at a pawn shop for cheap.  Out of everything, I'm most excited for New Adventure Island.  Mini Copter was recommended in this thread by @Lynda Monica so I'm excited to try that one out, too!

20221011_133019.jpg

20221011_133154.jpg

Edited by LutherDestroysTheGond
  • Like 10

Caught em slippin!

Found a Tecmo NBA N7 that's mintier than the one I had, plus it came with the N7 manual.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/115539526821

1756099403_20221011_211949(1).jpg.4bbbcb82246f216570a6b405286d7c70.jpg

Also found another Super C for trade bait.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/185606087549

20221011_211815.jpg.c197c215434a836dea2a4d54cfb2acbf.jpg

Also recently added an Asian version variant and a Samurai variant to my international Super Mario Bros collection.  Once I get the black Samurai added [somehow? anybody got one?] I'll post pics of the whole thing.

• Like 6
  • Wow! 2

3 hours ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

Mini Copter was recommended in this thread by @Lynda Monica so I'm excited to try that one out, too!

Oh gawd, now I'll feel responsible if you don't end up liking it. 😆 It's best played with the Wii classic controller if you still have one, but it's playable without it. If you go into it thinking of it as a silly Wii game, you'll have a great time with it. 🙂

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, wyansas said:

Caught em slippin!

Found a Tecmo NBA N7 that's mintier than the one I had, plus it came with the N7 manual.

Also recently added an Asian version variant and a Samurai variant to my international Super Mario Bros collection.  Once I get the black Samurai added [somehow? anybody got one?] I'll post pics of the whole thing.

I’d love both of those but I don’t have anything for trade.

On 10/11/2022 at 10:22 PM, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

Got everything pictured for $310 total from a local game store and pawn shop.  Decently below pricecharting for everything.  All games CIB except Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus is missing the soundtrack cd and Nightmare Before Christmas is missing the manual.  The GC controllers are OEM and work great but someone swapped out the C-stick for a normal stick on one and it is much more comfortable.  Neat to find a 64 Brawler pad at a pawn shop for cheap.  Out of everything, I'm most excited for New Adventure Island.  Mini Copter was recommended in this thread by @Lynda Monica so I'm excited to try that one out, too!

20221011_133019.jpg

20221011_133154.jpg

Wow is that Retro fighter in the wild? Thats a first for me. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Wow is that Retro fighter in the wild? Thats a first for me. 

Yessir!  Found it at the pawn marked for $15 and the lady working sold it to me for $10.  It's a nice controller and I was excited to try it out.  They had some other odd things for N64 at that store, including 2 counterfeit copies of Goldeneye.   I obviously passed but makes me curious about who sold/pawned it to them

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

8B8D7C0E-A92E-4531-9EE4-E7483A0D78E2.thumb.jpeg.b21b3b3660661dac86e51d0f50032cc1.jpeg

Just got this in today. Felt like I stole it, super great shape

I honestly don’t know what’s happening in the market because I am seeing some contractions while other items continue to surprise.

I just followed a sealed NES Arkanoid (with VOS controller) with a starting bid of $575 and no one bid on it.

I don’t know about every NES title but considering it was a bundle item and NES insanity, that felt reasonable.  

I think things might be cooling off outside of the super hot items everyone knows about and are looking out for.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 12:39 AM, wyansas said:

Caught em slippin!

5 screws on Contra 2 eh?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RH said:

I honestly don’t know what’s happening in the market because I am seeing some contractions while other items continue to surprise.

I just followed a sealed NES Arkanoid (with VOS controller) with a starting bid of $575 and no one bid on it.

I don’t know about every NES title but considering it was a bundle item and NES insanity, that felt reasonable.  

I think things might be cooling off outside of the super hot items everyone knows about and are looking out for.

Looking at pricecharting, it had gone as high as 250 (CIB cadash, genesis) last month. 

The stuff that is really retaining its value should probably be considered true recent value, and not “hype” pricing. If we do have a recession, I am going to start stocking up on other people’s bad timing. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

Looking at pricecharting, it had gone as high as 250 (CIB cadash, genesis) last month. 

The stuff that is really retaining its value should probably be considered true recent value, and not “hype” pricing. If we do have a recession, I am going to start stocking up on other people’s bad timing. 

I currently have a Japanese Mega Drive version in my cart for a similar price, not sure if it's worth hitting the button for it (obviously I collect Japanese, not US).

What kind of game is it, and is it good?

1 hour ago, Teh_Lurv said:

I bought some NES games at my local game store:

image.jpeg

Nice pickups, especially on Wayne's World, as I've found that one to be legitimately rare to encounter in the wild.  However, with the Samson...what's up with the weird, bumpy looking texture all over the surface that looks like some sort of damage?  Did that thing come out of a house fire or something?  It really looks like the surface got heated up just to the point where the casing started to bubble, then pulled away at the last moment before it could go wild.  Hopefully you got a deep discount on that if it's present and not just some trick of the lighting or something when taking the photo.

(Thinking about it, I want to say that it could have also been caused by chemical/vapor exposure as well, as I seem to recall a YouTube video where a content maker who collects really rare versions of Tetris for Game Boy ended up having the same thing happen to several of his carts he had stored, but only after he had gasoline or something spill inside his apartment near where the carts were stored.  No way to reverse the process, but a live and learn sort of thing going on there.)