IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Well as of yesterday I had the luck of walking up on a very clean copy of The Guardian Legend for $15 so I grabbed it.  Not much of a savings, but at that price, really does it matter?

I had it long long ago, never got anywhere in it as I think I got confused but figure I'll give it another shot because Compile shooters are solid, and the other part despite the garbage password system which my phone remedies kind of now, is an odd mix of zelda dungeons & blaster master dungeons it appears which seems like a good balance.

Mega Drive again!

IMG20221112151707.jpg.18152986d7d390bf687e732c4fff9e17.jpg

Picked up a REALLY nice copy of Aladdin here, absolutely ESSENTIAL purchase right there.

Metal Fangs, Valis III and Assault Suit Leynos all look really fun, I don't have any experience with them, so I'll be interested to check them out.

Also, I finally picked up a loose copy of Street Fighter II Plus to go with my empty box that @fcgamer gave me for free YEARS ago! I don't have the manual, unfortunately, but having the game and box together at last is welcome indeed! 😄

I am comfortably over half the Japanese MD set now, I guess the next target will be 300 games, I'm sitting around 220 ATM. Not sure how I will actually make it to that goal, but I AM planning a flying visit to Japan next year, so it just might happen! 😉

• Like 8
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

I've been slowly getting back into retrogame collecting over the last couple of months since taking a break at the start of the pandemic. I thought I'd show off some of the recent pickups I made:

With the fiasco that was the Amico, I've been keeping an eye on getting a "physical product" as a collection curio. Early in the summer, I came across a guy dumping his full set of Amico games on eBay for $20+shipping. Pretty obvious the guy just wanted to get his money back. I grabbed Missile Command from him.

PXL_20221112_220028229.jpg

During the pandemic, my interest shifted a bit to buying arcade marquees (non-reproduction) to adorn my game room as wall art. I picked up yesterday a good condition DK3 to complete my set.

PXL_20221112_215729691.jpg

I dipped my toes back into buying eBay lots to help file the holes of uncommon games in my collection. Two lots I won at auction arrived this afternoon. Including the unlicenced games, I can add to my collection Last Crusade, Bigfoot, Darkman, Super Spyhunter, Roger Rabbit, and Starship Hector. Funny how I thought I owned both those last two games for years until I checked my tracking app.

PXL_20221112_212151182.jpg

Edited by Teh_Lurv
  • Like 14

Last time I came up with a week ago the Guardian Legend a nice thing well since that time, things got interesting as you can see below if you don't care to read.

I have a cousin from marriage, her and the husband wanted to largely get rid of their old gaming stuff and long story short I got recruited when I said I'd take a look.  The skinny of it a Gameboy +Tetris, then N64 through WiiU and PS1+2, so far most of it tests out but the U so far, but none of the systems wanted to work right, or at all (a cube.)  64 was fussy(dirty), GC was a doorstop for discs, PS1+2 the same, GB has lines in the LCD.  At this point I got them all fixed up even the lines in the Gameboy LCD I restored it too.

For the work as of yet to start I got those 2 complete Gamecube games to keep which were on my find list locally which is great.  A couple days ago taking the tub of the collection I detoured and grabbed that Anbernic RG351P off a local.  No manual, but it, the nicer case, usb cable, usb/wifi dongle, 3d printed grip which is comfy, and a 64GB memory card too just for $60.

Next I still get anime series/movies I had an interest in and missed out on, sometimes I score well, Black Butler is the whole series+OVAs on blu-rays got it for 1/2 what it goes for, and same today on the way to carpool got the Escaflowne series too.  And lastly, remember that dump of a flea find a couple weeks back with the dead and thrashed GBA for a couple bucks?  Friend of mine tipped me off to a quality/reliable/faster ali-shipper and got that whole kit for $45 and got the GBA back in better than working order (IPS v4, SFC copy shell etc, glass lens combo.)  Just finished it off a couple hours ago, totally worth it.

11-15-22-anime-games.thumb.JPG.94bfd4869446b12c8e68fa81649a3a62.JPG

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Last time I came up with a week ago the Guardian Legend a nice thing well since that time, things got interesting as you can see below if you don't care to read.

I have a cousin from marriage, her and the husband wanted to largely get rid of their old gaming stuff and long story short I got recruited when I said I'd take a look.  The skinny of it a Gameboy +Tetris, then N64 through WiiU and PS1+2, so far most of it tests out but the U so far, but none of the systems wanted to work right, or at all (a cube.)  64 was fussy(dirty), GC was a doorstop for discs, PS1+2 the same, GB has lines in the LCD.  At this point I got them all fixed up even the lines in the Gameboy LCD I restored it too.

For the work as of yet to start I got those 2 complete Gamecube games to keep which were on my find list locally which is great.  A couple days ago taking the tub of the collection I detoured and grabbed that Anbernic RG351P off a local.  No manual, but it, the nicer case, usb cable, usb/wifi dongle, 3d printed grip which is comfy, and a 64GB memory card too just for $60.

Next I still get anime series/movies I had an interest in and missed out on, sometimes I score well, Black Butler is the whole series+OVAs on blu-rays got it for 1/2 what it goes for, and same today on the way to carpool got the Escaflowne series too.  And lastly, remember that dump of a flea find a couple weeks back with the dead and thrashed GBA for a couple bucks?  Friend of mine tipped me off to a quality/reliable/faster ali-shipper and got that whole kit for $45 and got the GBA back in better than working order (IPS v4, SFC copy shell etc, glass lens combo.)  Just finished it off a couple hours ago, totally worth it.

11-15-22-anime-games.thumb.JPG.94bfd4869446b12c8e68fa81649a3a62.JPG

I've literally recommended you ali multiple times and you didn't believe me... I'm glad someone could convince you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today would have it, the back end of helping out with the sale of the goods that they'd take (family made $800, didn't want the 2 incomplete systems and a few misc things) while heading home I got that feeling like as much as I loathe the place, I needed to go into the lame goodwill (badwill) 🙂  Last time I had that, I got those 2 wavebirds for a steal.

This time, Gameboy luck struck again this year, downer...it was a hard pill to swallow since they decided to be largely shitty and price it ebay style on the handheld at least.  The GBA SP you see is entirely complete in that box there down to the smallest paper bit registration and all.  Best of all, there physically isn't a mark on it anywhere, it's basically new in open box by definition by quality.  Paid $150 on it, value between that and 200 if the box wasn't borked, the front had one of those most insidious circuitcity security coil stickers.  I got it off with a hair dryer fairly clean, but older hands damaged a few places and laid it back, rest of the box is amazing though.

Then there were the games, some sports junk and pirates (black pearl.)  But I saw my favorite racing game V-Rally 3 and CIB, they wanted $30, then another $10 on 3D Pool and $6 on Golf.  I felt not great, but one upgrade, and two new interesting things.  I went on later to find that Pool was 1/3 off, Golf is 1/2 off or more.  The stunner??  V-Rally 3.  When the hell did this $5-10 title go up to $30+ loose??  The manual sells for a little more than that, and no history for CIB on ebay.  VGPC has a 2022 June link for $270?! and a year 1/2 earlier (Jan 21) at $50.  So in the end, toxic paper made this entire story a steal!

11-15-22-gw-gbaspcibs.JPG

• Like 7
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, 360collector said:

Thats how i feel when I check a saved search on ebay for the first time in a while @Tanooki

Yeah depressing isn't it?  I totally agree.  It's why I wrote off ebay almost entirely, great reference, rarely great to buy domestic games and increasing more stuff from otherwise.  I've got those boxes out on my shelf since I've sold off enough I have space, along with the few others I already did retain so it's nice. 🙂

• Like 1

Also I don't think I added these here, but this is my Working Designs set. I've actually had this one done for a long time, but I didn't have the slip cover for Exile as it's very uncommon due to just coming right off. I put it in a box protector to keep it in place and felt motivated to get the photo finally. 

20221109_223124.jpg

20221109_223203.jpg

20221109_161243.jpg

20221109_161255.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

Here’re the latest mail calls. WNZ back at it again with the love for crap consoles.

The Perfect General on 3DO was a rare ebay deal and the price was more than acceptable even with shipping and customs. Any longbox 3DO games comin’ in at around $50CAD is a solid buy.

And I spotted a canadian seller on facebook with Lynx stuff (going for full retail CIB/sealed set) and he had a CIB Bill & Ted which I needed AND a loose Xenophobe as a replacement for the dead cart I already own. Now I can finally play what is arguably the best console port of the game.

Fun fact: TPG was published by Kirin, of Plumbers don’t wear Ties fame, and the reg card has a mail-in offer for a free copy Plumbers which is worth a few hundred dollars now. I wonder how many people took them up on that? 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

4612683E-9251-4212-95C9-89A5ED550A65.jpeg

29718437-1B9A-4971-91BB-6FB7D16231B4.jpeg

Edited by WhyNotZoidberg
  • Like 7

I finally found out what the real Zelda game for Wii U is. I traded away Breath of the Wild the same day I started playing this, as Hyrule Warriors is literally the Zelda game I've always wanted.

193855811_HyruleWarriors.png.266f0ae9304399374d12a57d0d8966b2.png

Hyrule Warriors is a perfect blend of the best aspects of the first six Zelda games. It's focused on action like the NES games, it has a larger than life cast full of lovable characters like the N64 games, and has a hilarious sense of humour like A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening.

Hyrule Warriors is so incredibly self aware that its tongue has pierced through its cheek and is blowing a raspberry out the side of its face. Team Ninja takes every opportunity to highlight how idiotic the Zelda series is, and I couldn't be happier about it. I found myself cracking enormous smiles in every mission of Hyrule Warriors.

I'm also going to be perfectly open and honest about it, and say that Team Ninja made Impa super hot in this game. Team Ninja is known for going pretty over the top with this kind of thing, but the designs in Hyrule Warriors hit that perfect middle ground of going for it, but not being ridiculous. 😄

I'm really happy with my first party Wii U selection now, and I don't think I'll go for any more of them. I'm going to start picking up some third party games next, starting by replacing some of the Ubisoft games I only have the disc for.

2097869363_FirstPartyWiiUGamesComplete.png.eb62d8f919913259515203e9303d88ea.png

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1