IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Hi folks,

It's been a month and I'm still just keeping the purchases in check before PRGE, but I was able to knock a few more of the inexpensive games off the list and those games just came in from the US box today!

To start, Wario Ware was one of those games I had and traded back when the PS3 came out. That system was over $700 CAD at the time and EB was running one of their trade-in deals towards the system. Wario Ware was one of the casualties of that trade, and like the other games I traded at the time, I intended to re-buy them later and that plan got lost in the shuffle. It's been a while; it was time to right that wrong.

Aside from that, both Dual Hearts and Ring of Red were games that I wanted to buy at the time but got lost in the shuffle in favour of other titles. Over the past few months, I've been going back over the library lists for systems I collect for just to see what I've missed and/or has slipped my mind over the years (with the goal of having a definitive 'to get' list) and these were two of the ones I'd since forgotten about.

CLH2daz4QhKGf7ODw6WAuA.jpg.52884294b4939b164313e0c5b3d5028e.jpg

Otherwise, I was able to get a sweetheart deal on Skyshark (complete w/all inserts) for $30 CAD, the Demon Throttle pre-order finally showed up for me, and something I've been eagerly awaiting from Japan...Ramza!!! I LOVE Final Fantasy Tactics, and while I rarely buy any figures, this was a must purchase up there with the Xenogears Bring Arts figures. Disappointingly, Delita and Agrias were pushed back to November (iirc), so I can't set up a diorama just yet, but that is going to be amazing when they come in!

T98JwPiATcGtYuWJeT35BA.jpg.b5148ebff6858ab01d3d4767ab1b595b.jpg

And that's it for me. I might get 2-3 more games showing up before PRGE, but that's about it.

I hope you all find what you're looking for!

Edited by Renmauzo
  • Like 11
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, Nintendopower4ever said:

It came in the mail today and looks just like my Sonic Blast Man Proto and all the other SNES Taito protos, but the screw holes were filled.

IMG_3915.JPG

IMG_3912.JPG

IMG_3914.JPG

IMG_3916.JPG

Wow! So question here - how can someone tell when a prototype is authentic and when it's a bootleg? Also, what about the shell vs circuit board, that is, I would imagine it would be far easier to fake a prototye shell but harder to fake the board.

I imagine you could theoretically make one using an existing blank Nintendo board like the one used above and pop a primo game on there, an existing beta mind you though, which would devalue it some, but hey it's a sneaky option.  Get a cheap board/proto off someone that doesn't work, pull the chip, get another old stock one from the era, put something like a harvest moon beta or whatever people would lose their minds over, and pop it up for sale.  Everything about the labels, stickers, etc are generic as hell, so unless someone is going to like microscope and litmus test the papers, glues, and inks to call bullshit, it's really down to trust.

3 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I imagine you could theoretically make one using an existing blank Nintendo board like the one used above and pop a primo game on there, an existing beta mind you though, which would devalue it some, but hey it's a sneaky option.  Get a cheap board/proto off someone that doesn't work, pull the chip, get another old stock one from the era, put something like a harvest moon beta or whatever people would lose their minds over, and pop it up for sale.  Everything about the labels, stickers, etc are generic as hell, so unless someone is going to like microscope and litmus test the papers, glues, and inks to call bullshit, it's really down to trust.

Not everything is about money lol

I've only ever found mine in the wild, so that's why you document the discoveries as much as possible for down the road like I just did. I wouldn't buy an expensive one that I didn't know a little of the history where it came from so that does matter.

I bought this Redline F-1 Racer Prototype on Amazon for $9 back before pictures on there existed, but they described the homemade labels perfectly in their description with the Please Return to Absolute, so I think I printed a copy of the seller's description and might still have it, but that's all the documentation there was.

IMG_3918.JPG

IMG_3919.JPG

• Like 2
  • Wow! 2

Been wanting disaster repoort for a while. Was thinking about the switch version but it seems to be a sh*t port and by that time ps4 was sold out.

IMG_0459.JPG.2055d81bab215e3e7bc98b1cb9040545.JPG

Saw this and didnt know what it was. Its this forums fault I bought it, I take no responsibility, why am I interested in asian nes games..... Its supposedlt sealed, I dont know, the case mkes no sense. The hole i the front is plastic but it does not line up with anything on the cart so makes no sense haha I need that Korean Mario guy to tell me

IMG_0460.JPG.7d4506d289d94f2815c7ab970c54c395.JPGIMG_0461.JPG.3ff540317c497108a0af63a0dbf23d03.JPGIMG_0462.JPG.60b762e6b5f4ec765e02e28991acb2d0.JPGIMG_0463.JPG.eec316b5be71db01181f4a2cd015097f.JPG

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, RH said:

@Galdius I don't know why I'm so infatuated with Brazilian Nintendo items, but I love seeing those CIBs!  I know many Playtronic items are hard to come by, but are these games more accessible since they were released in the late 90s?  Nice score, man.

They're a bit easier but it's hard to find those big box in good condition here. 
The best ones are usually bought by collectors from the US and Europe.

As for the Gradiente games in general, they're easier to find than Playtronic games with a few exceptions.
At the end of the SNES life, Gradiente rereleased some games and those are a bit harder to find than the Playtronic versions.

• Thanks 1

Finally managed to find a complete Fritz Chess Wii after years of searching for it for a decent price. I think that was the last big ticket Wii game to cross off my list so I’m very happy to finally have that in my collection. Pics to come later. 

pics now included

5DE9F27E-6FAC-445E-BBD2-8E1595B4EFB9.thumb.jpeg.7d9b482709bdbe194a7fc41524cf506e.jpeg
9D0DB6F1-7CAA-44F0-B742-F6126BE1D879.thumb.jpeg.cefbb4bbe3a4c02d425b851eb2cafc44.jpeg

Edited by Makar
  • Like 10
  • Love 1

559739384_jampackset.jpg.4ea8f2e1d1b2f955cf3d6a4117599019.jpg

Minor goal accomplished today - Finished off the Jampack collection for the PS2. Was more of a passive collection for me and a very small/cheap subset to get in general. For those interested, the Jampack games were demos that were released to show off upcoming games on the PS2. The MSRP was cheap ($5-$10) and was a great way to screen games you wanted before dropping big money on a new release.

An interesting detail - you'll notice that a lot of the titles have 2 available copies. This is because, starting with Winter 2002, they would release two versions of each demo. One would be the mature version and one would be the cleaner version that would only include Teen rated games or below. These would have different cases, different SCUS codes, different games available on the disc, often different prices, and different manuals. I guess it depends on where you draw the line, but I would consider these two different demos completely rather than a variant of the same title.

219491041_jampack13.jpg.2a9e8f0ac2f13d54150f0936a9efe4e8.jpg2000846503_jampack15.jpg.af278d5a4bf697c8ffdbf113da7bc64a.jpg

• Like 14

Found this Gameboy lot on Facebook marketplace.  It had been sitting for 3 days with an asking proce of $200.   Everything was CIB except the Gameboy console, Kirby cartridge and Bugs Bunny cartridge/manual were missing.  I got the seller to come down to $180.  When I was en route the seller messaged me that he found the [working] Gameboy console and would add it for $20, or $200 total.  This was a great find as it was roughly 1/3 of pricecharting.  I had been looking for a Kirby box and Gameboy Basic Set box for a while, I don't care for the standard Gameboy console box. 

20220915_013916.jpg

• Like 11
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 2

I guess it has been a week, been light and honestly I like it that way as it gives time.  On Friday I went to the HBP before kid pick up carpool and I see this bagged up wavebird below, dirty, scuffed, little bite into the left side there, and it was $40, couldn't tell if it had the receiver.  I went and asked, ended up opening the case it didn't, but the rep talked to the manager and by the time I came back to the front they offered it to me for 1/2 off since they couldn't test it. 😄 Jackpot.

See the thing is, a few years (3-4) back my kids old school address took me across a couple goodwills and maybe someone here may remember (doubt it) but in the junk bin of random electronic small parts, wires, power cables I found a receiver for $2. I held onto it all these years instead of making good money on it just in case... just in case happened.  I got it home, tested it out, and it worked.  I already had the platinum one from when it released, now I have a pair.

It needed help.  Took an hour about with it but I got all the stains, scuffs, marks, layers of funk off the thing, and while some here may less approve I have some vintage files I got years ago at a garage sale.  I used a pair of them that were round of a different grit, and I smoothed out the pokey bite hole, then rounded it off nice and clean so it's soft to the touch.  The only thing that sucked the battery door was broken, former owner looks to have used some epoxy and it holds.  I figure for $20 I don't care, it'll be my daily driver, not going to drop $?? on a door, stupid.

The movies, I used to love the manga series, so when I saw those at $3/ea (it's a complete set) I grabbed them, spotless discs, probably viewed once and dumped.  It's a great and messed up series if you check into it, wikipedia Gunslinger Girl.

wavebird-gsgirldvds.thumb.JPG.cbf3b42fce0f418360ca6a46388da72c.JPG

Wow @LutherDestroysTheGond I would have been riding a high for at least days or more had that fell into my hands.  I don't usually like to drop that much at one time, but for that, it's an utter steal and largely good things there to play too.  The boxes are exceptionally clean and nice given the age, the lame price chart may say 1/3 of the value, but unless the image doesn't say as much I'd imagine less, condition is everything, and that's a dumb bot farm with errors.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I guess it has been a week, been light and honestly I like it that way as it gives time.  On Friday I went to the HBP before kid pick up carpool and I see this bagged up wavebird below, dirty, scuffed, little bite into the left side there, and it was $40, couldn't tell if it had the receiver.  I went and asked, ended up opening the case it didn't, but the rep talked to the manager and by the time I came back to the front they offered it to me for 1/2 off since they couldn't test it. 😄 Jackpot.

See the thing is, a few years (3-4) back my kids old school address took me across a couple goodwills and maybe someone here may remember (doubt it) but in the junk bin of random electronic small parts, wires, power cables I found a receiver for $2. I held onto it all these years instead of making good money on it just in case... just in case happened.  I got it home, tested it out, and it worked.  I already had the platinum one from when it released, now I have a pair.

It needed help.  Took an hour about with it but I got all the stains, scuffs, marks, layers of funk off the thing, and while some here may less approve I have some vintage files I got years ago at a garage sale.  I used a pair of them that were round of a different grit, and I smoothed out the pokey bite hole, then rounded it off nice and clean so it's soft to the touch.  The only thing that sucked the battery door was broken, former owner looks to have used some epoxy and it holds.  I figure for $20 I don't care, it'll be my daily driver, not going to drop $?? on a door, stupid.

The movies, I used to love the manga series, so when I saw those at $3/ea (it's a complete set) I grabbed them, spotless discs, probably viewed once and dumped.  It's a great and messed up series if you check into it, wikipedia Gunslinger Girl.

wavebird-gsgirldvds.thumb.JPG.cbf3b42fce0f418360ca6a46388da72c.JPG

Wow @LutherDestroysTheGond I would have been riding a high for at least days or more had that fell into my hands.  I don't usually like to drop that much at one time, but for that, it's an utter steal and largely good things there to play too.  The boxes are exceptionally clean and nice given the age, the lame price chart may say 1/3 of the value, but unless the image doesn't say as much I'd imagine less, condition is everything, and that's a dumb bot farm with errors.

Nice pickup on the wavebird! I’m hoping one day I can stumble across one for a decent price. For now I’m stuck with the Smash Wii U because it has a really long cable.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1