IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

My pickups over the past couple of weeks. 

Skate or Die 2 and Hook are Box Only

Super Sprint and Links Awakening are CIB

Castlevania is sealed

I am  extremely happy to finally have a CIB Links Awakening, it was one of my white whale for years. The only missing Zelda game in my collection besides the cdi games  

291728DC-6AA7-430E-AE69-413F6754E710.jpeg

Edited by killerkobra
  • Like 13

8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Hey @sp1nz  Loving that Cotton stuff.

I'm under a conundrum with that here for over a month or two.  I had a package that went lost in the mail and I got refunded, then sometime after showed up from Germany, the huge box Cotton Fantasy with the tea cup and toys etc for Switch.  It's just rotting away here sitting, grabbed it since they price errored it a year ago on the site for the same price as the general game and I had wrote it off.  I'm like...do I open it and enjoy the cup(I'd use it, fuck collecting it's a cup) and the toy and music would be neat too... but I could make $150 easily on it if someone would appreciate it more so ...it sits.

I'd need to go find the original cotton reboot, don't have it anymore...yet BOTH are on Steam and cheap, so it's like...argh.

I like that Wonderboy setup, have a love hate with the series as I play it, but I can't stick to play with it so I never grabbed 4 other than the pack-in on sega mini, and the wonderboy and knockoff dragon title Switch got, again...light play, then sold.  I hope you enjoy it, it looks slick.

Thanks. SLG/ININ have been going ham with the Cotton for sure, 5 releases with different editions, or 7 if you count the Cotton 100% SNES and Panorama Cotton MD reproductions (I passed on the repros, like I generally do). Anyway I couldn't tell you whether to sell or keep the Cotton Fantasy CE but either choice is good one. OSTs are cool, Nendoroid is pretty unique figure/toy for a Western release of anything and they're all done by the same company (Good Smile Company), that is to say it's a quality product (they're like 40-60$ to buy new at retail before shipping/handling/tax), if you're fan of a character, and the other stuff is decent too, especially the cup if you use it.

I've loved Wonder Boy series since childhood, played through Wonder Boy in Monster World only back then though, I also like how the first game spawned Adventure Island series, very different style between the action RPGs and brutal timer platformer but both styles are good. So yeah Mega CE with MD console styled box was really cool, even with all the delays and shenanigans with SLG/ININ, I think they do a mean job with the finished products and the value propositions aren't too far fetched compared to something like LRG, especially now with the assblasting shipping/taxes to Europe, which has put me off of them now for the most part.

@sp1nz Yeah definitely.  I had Cotton Reboot originally but I just never used it on the Switch much (convenience largely) so I sold it...then a couple months later the insane box shows up.  That's why I'm in like a pickle...keep, sell... I don't need fluff, but I could use some of it practically speaking.  I could easily just grab the pair on my PC and not worry about generational change.  Then there's the fact as you said, more games, and those more games were piss poorly coded with so much input lag they're unplayable even by a first time user which is horrid.  The SFC game I just got that a month back, well under valued buy with a second game I used to own too, so I can enjoy it already so it's moot.  Cotton is a great cute moderately challenging non-bullet hell style shooter which is just fun.  I even have that Cotton arcade that's on the Sega Astro Mini too on my desk come to think of it. 🙂

Like you said, those figures are expensive and I do love the character, have since the mid/later 90s when I got my first copy of Cotton, then my second when NGPC came out too.  And I use a legit cast iron asian teapot in the colder months and lack a real tea cup, I oddly enough just use some larger sake cups and leave the decanter where it rests instead.  So yeah, i was serious, there's value there, practical value.

Wonderboy is a hit and miss with me, I tend to wear out on it.  I have that Monster World Genesis release a friend sent me earlier this year, and I used to enjoy #3 that hit both TG16 and SMS, the remaster oddly just didn't grab me well as those originals did.. pretty but less interesting?  I'm of two minds with SLG and ININ, SLG rubbed me wrong with shenanigans, but ININ I don't mind at least they're up front about what they're doing and don't play weird access games with product.

I know we're derailing this badly -- sorry.

I had planned to have some added fun to show of today, only got part of it, so that'll wait seemingly until tomorrow, game and anime box blowout. 😛

• Like 1

Well all the goodies came in today and I'm more than pleased, a couple of the magazines were fairly damaged, one I was able to recover nicely, the other needed sadly a chop n' seal basically to stabilize it from further wreckage.  I've mentioned I have a bit of a hook up a friend I made this year who I help with older system help, repair, information, finding stuff for him to hunt for his fun or business.  So what you largely see here (anime boxes aside) are all from him and I'm into it $79 for it all (17 NPs, 1 Pokemon Comic, and the 6 N64 games.)

The first (Yoshi) and last (WWF) were the very damaged goods, a few others have various wrinkles, folds, corner issue on one or two, a couple had some tearing I used internally used clear tape cut to fit to stop the progression.  Every issue is intact otherwise, they have their posters, the ones with power catalogs (2) and pokemon power mini-guides(4) are all present too, and one of those has that pokemon snap sticker album for the machine.  The n64 games were in great shape except Turok, that needed some help, and the rear sticker on that was destroyed so I removed the remnants.  I used to own all those games back in the era(not Q2 but had it) so it was a nice fun recovery all around.

Then the anime, found a nice and friendly seller who did a bundle deal for me on ebay, paid $75 for everything but Golden Boy, that was another $15 (for a set the crooks at HBP wanted $40 for so I bought it staring at it behind their case in annoyance.)  The others, same situation, saw this one dude who had both the DP boxes (OVA and Movies) and the Gundam trilogy(condensed 3 movies of the full original Gundam story, subbed only.)  The Gundamn box tends to hit $75 about, and the DP sets would add up minimally to that or more so I made out like a bandit. 😄  All the discs look like they're brand new too except one with a couple light wear spots.

** If you're curious about the patchwork on the magazines I'll add that in the vgs restore/repair shop

11-27-np64era.thumb.JPG.2d8bac36201e73391d34d5ae9ad0b31e.JPG

11-27-animebundle.thumb.JPG.941de17fe9c5186b8596962d57dddb78.JPG

• Like 9

On 11/26/2022 at 6:25 AM, RegularGuyGamer said:

I made some great pickups since the last post in the summer. I'm really making progress on my NES collection and am down to only a handful of titles I'm still after. Some of the boxes aren't perfect but I got some real deals on a couple of em. Rad Racer was crushed but I got it for $12 and it ironed back to form nicely.  ROTJ is missing a flap on the inside, but otherwise great condition for $115. So yeah, some of the games I was just shocked they accepted my offers. 

PXL_20221126_012322544.jpg.8d18b5522ea98efaa7cbd262864eaf12.jpg

No REV-A Rad Racer? Can I see the back?

3 minutes ago, Goodvibes said:

I have one, I need to locate the picture, what are you looking for on the back?

If all 4 photos on the back are daytime photos (which I suspect they are), then you have a first print and it's probably worth triple any other print. I paid almost $150 for mine.

IMG_20221127_210615.jpg

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

If all 4 photos on the back are daytime photos (which I suspect they are), then you have a first print and it's probably worth triple any other print. I paid almost $150 for mine.

IMG_20221127_210615.jpg

Oh okay, yeah I have a daytime copy, got it years ago. Always wanted to grab the night version also just never got around to it.

43644AC2-45A7-44A4-A683-7825D204A2C2.jpeg

Edited by Goodvibes
  • Like 6

Went down to Long Island on Black Friday to visit the in laws so I decided to hit up about 5 game stores around the island. Found some SNES that I still need, some TG16 which is growing on me, Power Stone which I’ve been meaning to get for awhile (and was 15% off). The Death Stranding PS4 I’ve been watching for awhile and randomly found one for sale on Long Island Craigslist that was in excellent shape for a great price. Came with the controller as well. Only thing not sourced locally was operation Europe which was waiting in the mail when I got home. I think I’ve got 14 to go for SNES with Mr. Nutz being the only semi expensive. I totally forgot Miracle Piano again lol

Video Game Trading Post - Hicksville and Levittown 

Game On - Miller Place and Smithtown, also has an arcade in Smith Haven mall with like 3 Playchoice 10s and a sitting VS castlevania which I played the crap out of. $20 for unlimited play!

Retro Source - Farmingville - possibly the best retro designed store I’ve ever been in. They also have two WON cabinets and another two waiting to be refurbished. 

58DD22B8-2A62-4EBD-AF00-9D03DEC7FED0.jpeg

• Like 12

it has been a while posting my collection.  thought i'd share some of the pickups..  the last photo are of the more rear GB games.   for the world set this year i made it to the 50% mark🤩.  the more difficult sets are done so looks to be a great end to the 2022 and a sweet start to next years collection. 

First up is the A6 For ITA the only A6 Cart that is next to impossible to find and even harder to buy at a good price.

DMG-A6-ITA.jpg.31fa4468965640995b60c944b66da716.jpg

Next the manuals

TIMMY-MANUALS.thumb.jpg.d7e2b5bd068e36134ce7d4d704510d40.jpg

the last part of the EUU set and one crazy long cart.  (always looking for more long carts)

VAN.thumb.jpg.2657f7be0c624644ff1ed411efe7acdd.jpg

Next is the more elusive SUPER CHASE HQ this cart is very elusive in PAL or EUR sets was very lucky to find.

1357103713_TIMMY-1DONE.thumb.jpg.8439340bb9f57ec60cfd2a85f25caa7b.jpg

Added some Megaman's to the Set

833295001_TIMMY-2DONE.thumb.jpg.e997ed61a626429f40c4d8bbb401348f.jpg

Here is the most elusive Lock and Chase for the Gameboy the EUR  Way more rare then the USA Sunsoft version.

1909686131_TIMMY-3DONE.thumb.jpg.f22b4ad287da3f6e4d93dab5edecee18.jpg552430304_TIMMY-7DONE.thumb.jpg.45504b61b66142e8e0e1f1b1f47cb7ac.jpg

Added more to the TETRIS set.   just need one more to make the full 43 tetris cart set...

826533913_TIMMY-6DONE.thumb.jpg.7fc9b8ad73f48bd438811f252b88e4c6.jpg

more ITA and FAH carts..

1435394381_TIMMY-5DONE.thumb.jpg.594441065bfb48cea6adff76f2debe47.jpg1278782074_TIMMY-4DONE.thumb.jpg.0c2b45975e664884d5483d075522324d.jpg

and here is the last few for the KOR set and the Full set of LTN Carts previously unknow (well by me) set. 

20221103_204936.jpg.937a62a74349329987c95f1968bb3cb8.jpg

DMG-A6-ITA.jpg

• Like 13
  • Wow! 3
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, Ulrizza said:

I've been looking for the SCN-1 for so long, and you got it whereas you are on another continent 😅

I just picked up a (complete? At least near complete) copy of this boxed! Sadly, I didn't notice the tear in the flap until after I had won the auction, but that's what impulse can do to ya.

5EE93B9F-9B40-4CA2-BC43-223658DBF736[1].jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Big pickup today and first major addition to the collection in a while.  Bought these from a friend who was always a gamer, but never really a collector and isn't looking to hold onto physical stuff any more.  We landed somewhere in the middle on price and I think both parties are happy.  

20221202_133812.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 2

This should be my last haul of the year, I need to save money to fix my car 😅

There are some very old stuff that I had never seen before 😃

First, a simple SNES adapter:
spacer.png

Next, a Game Genie CIB 😍
spacer.png
spacer.png

I really like having the original documentation and ads!

I also got this monster of a controller:
spacer.png

And now the old stuff, starting with a first gen Pong console:
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.png

Then, a first gen portable console:
spacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png

And finally, the ITMC MPT-05, a second gen console, one of the first that takes cartriges but failed because of the Atari 2600 and Videopac.
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

• Like 9
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2

I've been working away on J-Saturn stuff for the last little bit and am super excited for that in the coming weeks, but over the past few weeks, here's a combination of what came in the mail and what was picked up locally:

FYob89zqQD-r8YGncz2Lbg.jpg.9257bf0070c807ed60a65e7189c2a71a.jpg

I don't do toys much or often, but, I mean, FFT Bring Arts figures!? Just had to. Agrias here joins Ramza, and now I'm just waiting on Delita to show up...these are going to be really fun to set up! Other than that, I'm both a big Horizon fan and Hades fan, so I felt compelled to get both of the Nendoroid figures.

D3gNmiwXQUyUTtM9uRFP1A.jpg.a9192c16dc4a0d8e022a99c9ceef728e.jpg

On the games front, I picked up GoW (just got 100% last night), and Tactics Ogre...one of my favourite games! Shredder's Revenge showed up from Nintendo Force magazine from a contest win for a letter I wrote back in the issue that featured the game on the cover; not sure why they sent me a Euro copy, lol.

I bought Aladdin for $3 because I keep seeing it talked about lovingly, and although I'm a Capcom Disney game fanboy, I figured I'd give this version a try. As for Beyond the Beyond, I used to own the game years ago and gifted it to my younger brother since he was really interested. As I near the end of rounding out my collection, I've gone back over the lists and this was one that I decided to add back in.

Or_2Az4YRXuw99l2Nd_ucg.jpg.f08398660132c576c358767622c1e359.jpg

And finally, a little more progress on the Game Boy front. Dexterity was the November game of the month for Yokoi Kids, so I put a focus on getting a copy now rather than later, and Wacky Sports was silly cheap for being fully complete; checking back regularly online and being patient does pay off. 

Oh, and the Pocket finally decided to show up, lol! It looked gorgeous online, but holding it and using it in person...I immediately loaded up some Legend of the River King and it was glorious!!!

That's it for now, later all, and good luck on your hunts!

• Like 13
  • Love 1