IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

I've been slowing down on purchases lately as I've been taking the time to play and enjoy the Wii games I've been buying. I picked up some more of my old favourites recently. 🙂

1688724453_ZackWiki.png.eb6d27b405e882461c73ef8b5337e9e6.png

One of the things I love about the Wii is how many original I.P came out for it, many of which are still exclusive to it. Zack & Wiki is a mission based point & click adventure game, which was and still is a genius concept. Each stage places a treasure chest at the end of a dangerous scenario, and you're tasked with safely adventure gaming your way to it. It's an incredibly fun game, and one you should all check out if you haven't by now. 

1906870383_Kororinpa.png.9400d874675c9e59574603114bb84fb9.png

Kororinpa Marble Mania is the best Wii remote game of all time, because it only uses the features of the Wii remote that work perfectly. Kororinpa is a marble maze game, and it controls entirely with Wii remote tilting. It not only works 100% flawlessly, but the game itself is incredibly fun and charming. It's easily Hudson's best game on the Wii, and it's infinitely better than its own sequel. It's not a very long game, but it's one of the best Wii games you'll ever play.

Personally, it's my favourite game on the system. 🙂

1172439341_WeCheer2.png.fdcdbc5a5720225552171d5d5f34fdf1.png

The original We Cheer was a game with tons of promise, but completely ruined by its overly strict scoring system. We Cheer 2 not only fixed that issue, but improved everything else to such a degree that it made the original game pointless. If you were one of the ten people who could play the original We Cheer though, We Cheer 2 still allows you to play the songs on advanced difficulty with the original scoring system.

The game doesn't have an ocean of content, but there are 30 songs, and extra songs for workout mode. The big draw of We Cheer 2 is the extensive character customization options. All 30 tracks in the game have unique cheer routines, all motion captured by real cheerleaders. Being able to customize your squad of ten gals and five guys to do these cool routines is fun, and you're constantly unlocking new hairstyles, clothing, and accessories. I was able to make my Miitopia team of ten Miis into We Cheer 2 characters, and the game sprung to life due to my personalized squad.

During the action it's kind of hard to see the routines, but thankfully the game includes a "Watch Routine" option to just let you watch your squad dance.

It may sound like a dumb girl game, but this game genuinely rocks. I think both genders can enjoy it, as the girls are cute enough that guys will get something out of that, and the gameplay is fun no matter who you are. It's easily one of the Wii's best games that time forgot, and I highly recommend it. I also love the selection of music, which can best be described as incredibly bratty. 😄

165022867_GroovinBlocks.png.cb7ac6745fa60f12cb0377c1047f6e43.png

Grooving Blocks is a fairly standard block falling puzzle game, but the gimmick is that it's also a rhythm game. If you've ever played Tetris, there's a good chance you've dropped pieces in time with the music just for fun. Groovin' Blocks takes that natural instinct and turns it into a mechanic, and rewards players for dropping pieces to the beat frequently.

For each piece you drop in time with the beat, your score multiplier increases. Should you drop a piece off beat, your multiplier gets reset. Each stage has three stars to earn based on how high you score, and earning stars unlocks more music. This ensures that players aim for high scores by playing the game the way you're supposed to, as you won't earn any stars without dropping to the beat.

The music is worth mentioning too, as it's all originally composed beats. The music leans heavily toward club music, which is fine by me. It's also worth mentioning that this was originally a WiiWare game, but did well enough to warrant a beefed up retail release with loads of extra content. The final thing worth noting is that this was published by ZOO, a company not known for publishing worthwhile content. They say every dog has its day, and Groovin' Blocks was certainly a good day for ZOO. 👍

Lastly we have a game that's genuinely awesome, but doesn't even have a Wikipedia page.

2011188182_MiniCopterAdventureFlight.png.103995a209362c3e702b8b90c811bfc0.png

MiniCopter Adventure Flight is a game where you control RC helicopters in confined areas. There aren't a ton of missions in the game, but it's a fun experience like Kororinpa and We Cheer 2 that you'll revisit often due to its brevity.

There's not too much to say about this game since it's a pretty simplistic mission based flight game, but its the concept that makes it so fun. Moments like having to carefully steer around a bedroom and not crash into the HD TV really sell the world you're piloting in, while also having the same tension as crashing into a skyscraper in any other piloting game. 

It may not be one of the most grand or epic games of all time, but it's genuinely fantastic, and certainly something that's flown under the radar. (Nailed it 10/10 pun)

Oh, and you'll want to shell out for a classic controller. The motion controls are fine, but it's way more fun to pilot without them.

That's all for me this time! 👋

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Had Klonoa on backorder for a while, seems to be rly popular. Those Waifu games also sell fast, has anyone seen a non deluxe version of blasphemous? I did not own the shoooting libraries because I was buying those collections on switch but I did want them so finally bough them. Seeing some weird lower print horroor releases on ps4 and switch and the switch ports being terrible so got Fobia, looks pretty cool

IMG_0670-min.JPG.4384ef59a6d03704edd4b687976c4161.JPG

• Like 9

image.jpeg.009400010127dfcfd08bb10f678a16f9.jpeg

image.jpeg.f39971ae7f5b2194e1b1d7d39340caf2.jpeg

image.jpeg.3838e363b4d78d61eb7ba1b277cc62a7.jpeg

image.jpeg.cd9871ef22eb4f95cb7eecc231145003.jpeg

image.jpeg.42a9efa1c11e181cf236e08609028f88.jpeg

image.jpeg.76caf06c5a4aec05e0acb2118088beb2.jpeg

image.jpeg.37378cf9b58849f62a7680e561f7476a.jpeg

image.jpeg.7f2d5905a5d18ad7c11a22a3feeadfb7.jpeg

image.jpeg.fc6a587f9ae41d17abdc9fae558a9824.jpeg

image.jpeg.31eb2a58f5029755ec61e1408e46de66.jpeg

image.jpeg.5c2633d09270089eabf55d5125b7df38.jpeg

image.jpeg.9fb3b783cf6abb189b86a8e84dbf53d5.jpeg

Got a bootleg copy of Super Mario Bros. 3. This was one of several NES/Famicom bootlegs I found out about in the early 2000's on a site called NES Player (https://web.archive.org/web/20051201161627/http://www.nesplayer.com/pirates/smb3pirate.htm). As you can see, it contains the Japanese version of the game.

This cartridge was given to me, for free, from a friend. A couple months ago, he showed me some pictures on Discord of a bunch of NES games he bought on Facebook. One of them was this cartridge. I asked him about it, and said he thought of me when he bought it (knowing that I like imports). I asked him if he would be willing to sell it. I looked on eBay to get an idea of how much SMB3 bootlegs cost. They ranged from $40-$60. I offered my friend $50, but he said he didn't want it and would just give it to me whenever I was able to visit him again. I finally visited him recently. We played the game for about an hour, and noticed several differences compared to the American version of the game. When I needed to go, he gave me the cartridge and said "it's yours." This isn't the first import he's found locally and given to me. A few years ago, he found two NES multicarts and gave one of them to me.

While the pipe leading to it was removed, the goal in World 5-1 from the Japanese version is still in the American version. In the hidden room with the box, the goal from the Japanese version is on the other side of the wall and can be accessed if you use the Game Genie code AOSUZI. I made a video about this and originally uploaded it on YouTube in 2006 (footage at 5:03 in this video compilation). The goal was moved in the American version to fix a glitch that, if you fly up the wall and spawn the box in the hidden room, causes the box to appear at the goal and the graphics to glitch temporarily.

image.jpeg.1f4c00682895e5b9de014c153e982668.jpeg

My friend also gave me some Unicorn Kraft Dinner. I didn't ask for it or even really want it. I just noticed he had a box of this stuff on display with his games. He had another box and just decided to give it to me.

image.jpeg.68ef83a445cf9ad09cf4661152d1cb68.jpeg

Downloaded the Resident Evil Village Cloud demo for Switch. I've already played it a few times and am not sure yet if I'm going to download the full version.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 6

I think I remember that old site and that cart in particular.  Nice one, Mario 3 in Japan adds a nice added level of sadistic challenge considering any hit is mini mario.  Good on the friend doing that.  I've got a few people I can think of who will do something similar keeping feelers out and perhaps just handing off or super super cheaply as it helps so I do return those favors.

I have a shot at a SNES game I've wanted back for years that goes into the hundreds I was contacted about yesterday, hopefully I can work some kind of trade out, it's a process I hope doesn't fail so I can relate.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

image.jpeg.1f4c00682895e5b9de014c153e982668.jpeg

He also gave me some Unicorn Kraft Dinner. I didn't ask for it or even really wa

Downloaded the Resident Evil Village Cloud demo for Switch. I've already played it a few times and am not sure yet if I'm going to download the full version.

I was in the grocery store with my 2-year old daughter the other day and she saw this Unicorn Mac and Cheese and was quite insistent I buy it. I guess the love of unicorns transcends borders and ages.

• Agree 1

Well today went interesting... I have a very rare weekend when I can escape and go poke around in the county and beyond, and I did.  Hit this little flea found some goodies for an ok price, but ultimately I didn't keep them, nothing remarkable so not really worth mentioning as it was just a handful of gc and 3ds/ds titles of low value.

But at the same one I got that stone protector there for $2, that's a desk toy now.  Kind of neat arm goes one way it springs up, pull it the other way to a click and it does a pop releasing a little charge that lights up the skull plate a moment.  Leaving from there, checked another place south(the formerly great flea) and struck out.  Heading north tried out the game xchange and well there's that NES game I've been wanting back for a long time, annoyingly $90, but it's trending $100-130 on ebay now so kind of a win?  I guess.  Then I hit this other shop, gaming wise is a nauseating ripoff, but, I did find a nice deal on that anime there once you get 3 or more they're just $3.33 a piece.  Score, and the discs are spotless.  Going to watch a few of those tonight.

anime-rcpa2nes-spzink.thumb.jpg.d769e0b4daffd70bc7511a7c4ad33944.jpg

• Like 7

7E468955-920B-4D59-9F98-7F1DAD9910C6.jpeg.58d19a8e77c5e310e13d181c9816dc98.jpeg4A15EFF3-D651-4E0A-982F-4D7BC69F2804.jpeg.8befb06d310b1590267681aa1dcef852.jpeg

Fiancé and I went to Kansas City to see the Gaslight Anthem play and beforehand we did a little shopping. Unfortunately Vintage Stocks we’re basically tapped for anything worth a damn but I did grab a Power Glove (I’ve never owned one!) with a 20% off coupon and they also had the variant Double Dragon for Sega for only $30. The other two were from eBay. I also got some cool TMNT memorabilia like vintage folders notebooks and pencil boxes, and also this really cool Donkey Kong Penny Bank. Link to my reel below: 

Donkey Kong Penny Bank!

• Like 10

Over the past month or two I've been picking up Hudson and Bandai-Namco games for the Wii. 🙂

1560826714_HudsonWii.png.35e304515a8ad0b4822377b04d85be2e.png

Bomberman Land is a spin-off series of Bomberman games where you complete mini-game challenges in a theme park. The DS games were particularly good, though this one can't quite compare.

Wing Island is a mission based flight game where you use various formations with your squad to complete tasks.

Fishing Master is a charming and fun fishing game where you complete an encyclopedia of fish, and also compete in fishing tournaments.

Deca Sports is a mini-game collection of ten sports. You can compete in tournaments for each sport, win medals for sub-games based on each sport, and compete in a league where all ten sports are played consecutively.

Help Wanted is a story based mini-game collection. A meteorite is heading towards earth, and the only way to blow it up is to transform into a super hero with the transformo-watch. By signing up for jobs every day, you'll slowly build up the money needed to buy the transformo-watch and save the world.

Lost in Shadow is a game where your shadow has been separated from your body, and thrown off a tower. Your goal is to climb back up by traversing the shadows, and reunite with your body.

1872478874_NamcoBandaiWii.png.8265f660509f1a135348cdae0377b898.png
I also picked up some Bandai Namco Games.

That's all for me this time! 👋

Edited by Lynda Monica
  • Like 10