IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Just picked this up. It's a Famicom game developed in Xi'an China. It's a solid platformer, though its not as original as some of their other stuff. Xi'an sort of had its own little ecosystem for game development that had a pretty interesting history. It started when UMC decided to set up an R&D team there. This was to save on costs when developing for the A'can and Gamate. Then those projects went south, but some of the staff from then wanted to stay in the industry, so they wound up developing less legit Famicom stuff for Dragon. Then they moved onto Mega Drive stuff (they publicly released their devkit for that if anyone is interested). Finally they wound up making fully original games for plug and play consoles

Dragon Co Felix.jpg

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

image.jpeg.031b06efe1e652d1bdf3edb0ab4977a7.jpeg

Downloaded Zook Hero 3 for Game Boy Color. I hope to get the cartridge someday (maybe even with the box), as I have Zook Hero Z and Rockman DX3 (Zook Hero 2). For now, though, I guess I'll play it on a GameCube via the Visual Boy Advance GX Emulator and an SD Card. The game uses the music and sound effects from Mega Man II for the original Game Boy.

image.jpeg.7820e1530eeb0b1c922f696c9b2ba5ae.jpeg

image.jpeg.ea66cb13e5f0c30f0615f60460e8254e.jpeg

image.jpeg.64269e13152e423d4d895a7ed4707d50.jpeg

image.jpeg.920619e1f5289ce8299e020a1f74b218.jpeg

image.jpeg.c6ca7f268f90ce8e1ce85bb4d80f7eaf.jpeg

image.jpeg.4e2a8a75a5e143ea035b5a04f1dc5f78.jpeg

I got this shelf in January and finally had time to put it together. I've mentioned before that I have two game rooms that are full. I also have video game items in closets in other rooms, as well on some shelves in my living room. So I had to put this shelf in my basement. There's no room for it anywhere else in my house.

Some of the items on the shelf are from my other shelves in my game rooms (to make them a little less cluttered), while others were in piles beside those shelves (because I had no where else to put them, until now). I still have some work to do, like adding more stuff and moving some items (like that Mario puzzle). Most of the games are in their boxes with some exceptions, like Mega Man 11 (the game and amiibo figure are in one of my game rooms).

image.png.4bc0218526870bd7675a2339b94312a1.png

Picked up this Filing Cabinet. I've already had one for years that I've used for classified files, but got this one for gaming-related receipts and invoices. Some of them date back to the early 2000s while others are more recent.

image.jpeg.70643c80c8bf25935be6079ca509b38b.jpeg

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I couldn't tell you, tbh. I'm a sit at home and soak up all the cultures kinda guy. It's probably British.

Definitely English, I just wasn't sure if it was used in Canada --

talking episode 7 GIF

Editorials Team · Posted
14 minutes ago, The Count said:

believe I now have every title featuring an MN player on the cover. My MN boys can correct me if I'm missing something.

I'm outraged to realize we never got a Mighty Ducks game

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Not a huge thing but I was happy with it, I saw someone post it on FB and got it from Aliexpress, but did a bit of modification to the paint job before putting it in its new home.

Before

GNwP4tzXwAA8NN8?format=jpg&name=large

After

GNwP4ukWcAAuTt-?format=jpg&name=largeGNwP569WMAAc_hd?format=jpg&name=largeGNwP4vCWMAA3Bho?format=jpg&name=largeGNwP4v5WQAAdfQs?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by goldenpp72
  • Like 6
  • Wow! 1

17 hours ago, goldenpp72 said:

Not a huge thing but I was happy with it, I saw someone post it on FB and got it from Aliexpress, but did a bit of modification to the paint job before putting it in its new home.

Before

GNwP4tzXwAA8NN8?format=jpg&name=large

After

GNwP4ukWcAAuTt-?format=jpg&name=largeGNwP569WMAAc_hd?format=jpg&name=largeGNwP4vCWMAA3Bho?format=jpg&name=largeGNwP4v5WQAAdfQs?format=jpg&name=large

Just amazing. You could start charging people to spend time in your game room!!

• Like 1

From 1986, for the discriminating collector 🙂

The case I got is, all things considered, in excellent condition. Far from "mint", but also far better than most I've seen. It has two stickers on it which I think are truly cute so I don't mind. I don't have too many loose cart NES game, but a few, so in they go! It can hold up to 10 cartridges. Anyone else have one?

NES-carrying-case.jpg

• Like 6

I bought Samba De Amigo for the Switch because it was only $15 new and my youngest son enjoys these types of games.  The nice employee at GameStop gave me the buttons for free because they had a bunch of extras from canceled Mario RPG preorders.  I also ordered The Thousand Year Door since I plan to play that when it comes out (which is Thursday).

Rock Band 3 came in the mail and it's the last Guitar Hero/Rock Band game that I've been looking for.  There are still a few titles I would like to buy for collecting purposes, but for gameplay purposes, I now own everything that I want.  I might take some pictures of everything for the "Collection" thread.  

May 2024 Pickups 6.jpg

• Like 4